It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The War With Iran Now Starting?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I have to admit I admire Ahmadinejad, his Spiegel and 60 Minutes interviews reveal a well spoken and intelligent individual with strong beliefs. He´ll take no BS from noone, and challenges history itself as it was written by the WWII victors. As he should. In fact as anyone should.

It is sad to see he gets misquoted (on purpose!) my main stream media all the time, as is shown by Regenmacher´s (BTW excellent) posts, and is frequently attacked by the same.

Hot off the presses:
Ahmadinejad Be Damned
Ahmadinejad in hot water

Propaganda piling up? Now if I were suspicious I would say that someone is out to destroy Ahmadinejad´s image and character by emphasizing intel that he is getting loads of opposition in his own country. Where does this opposition come from? Are there already covert operatives active in Iran to destabilize the country from within?

Luckily I´m not suspicious, otherwise I would start to believe that the U.S. is actually preparing for war with Iran, starting with the elimination of Ahmadinejad´s character and power by using divide and conquer methods. They did it before, they might be doing it again.

If the U.S. go all the way on this one, may [insert favourite supreme being] be with them, because besides Israël, the rest of the world will definitly not be.

PS: The 2007-2012 WWIII prediction by Nostradamus I do not believe.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I think we are in WWIII right now but it is not a physical war, but a war fought by controling propaganda and a world cartel that wants everyone to bow to them.

[edit on 19-1-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
You are ignorant of the facts concerning hezbollah and hamas. I can only surmise that this is the result of indoctrination or simply your choice to avoid inconvenient facts. You are verbally supporting two of the most bloodthirsty terrorist groups who DELIBERATELY target civilians, women and children. They do this so they can avoid a real fight with real men like the cowards they are. If you choose to ally yourself with the dregs of humanity that is honestly your business but don't expect any intelligent person to swallow your nonsense. You should probably be detained and investigated yourself as no one supporting terrorists in a public forum can possibly be up to any good.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southpaw11

I say let em. It's just a plot of land. Evacuate ALL of Israel. Disperse them around the Globe TEMPORARILY and ON A TIMELINE. The Jewish People have been cast around the Globe since day one. I say just LEAVE THEM ALONE. That's ALL they've asked the entire time.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Saddam was more than "not nice". Not nice is calling people names or being rude to someone for no reason. Saddam was a dictator, torturer and a mass murderer. Whether we should have gone to war in Iraq or not, let's not make Saddam out to be a misunderstood person who was unfairly removed from power. Thousands upon thousands of people were killed and tortured on the orders of this man, whose only goal in life was to continue to maintain power and control over a nation with vast natural resources, thus making himself and his family rich.
If, the US had gone to war to take out this man, and if the war had been conducted in the manner with which it should have been (with enough troops at the beginning of the war to ensure the peace, stop looting and conscript the Iraqi army instead of disbanding them), then the world would be applauding the US and its humanitarian act.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
just because he wasn't nice and a bully to boot doesn't give us the right to attack him unprovoked.

see previous reply

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I stand by that statement...the war was unprovoked and just because he was a dictator does not give us the right to wage war on him or anyone else just because we don't like them, muchless on trumped up causes like the unfound weapons of mass destruction.

It was up to Iraq and/or his neighbors to remove him or not. George Bush etal. don't give a rat's ass about the suffering of the people of Iraq under Saddam, or us. It was a bald faced attempt to grab Iraq's asset aka oil hidden under the cloak of lies.

Point blank, the current mess in Iraq is our doing and was easily predictable if the people weren't snowballed by their own propaganda.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I made no comments about the necessity, value or reasons for the us going to war. The problem I had with your statement was the gross mis-characterization of Hussein. Saying Saddam was a bully is like saying Hitler was just having a bad hair day.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
How does a topic on Iran turn into about Iraq? Maybe it's because all US operations are occuring within Iraq. The US should have cut off Iran from Iraq long ago - more than border barriers and blockades but no consulate no diplomatic immunity no communication what-so-ever.

Only then would the problem be contained.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

How does a topic on Iran turn into about Iraq? Maybe it's because all US operations are occuring within Iraq. The US should have cut off Iran from Iraq long ago - more than border barriers and blockades but no consulate no diplomatic immunity no communication what-so-ever.

Only then would the problem be contained.

Yeah? And why? The US is NOT welcome in Iraq, the majority of Iraqis are shiites, just as Iran, and Iraq's population and Iran's population would have great relations if it wouldn't be of US interference.

I say get out of their country and let them be buddies. The iraqi prime minister himself said he would like to restaure the diplomatic relations with Iran if it wasn't of the US trying to stop it. The US don't want Iraq and Iran in peace, because they know that they will kick them out of Iraq, as they need to be.

The congress want the US out, the iraqis want the US out, the iranians want the US out and the americans want the US out. So, who's for that again? Ah yes, the president, his croonies, neo-cons and zionists.

[edit on 21-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Probably 90% of Iraqis want the US present, because the Sunnis know they will be over-ran by the Shia with-out the US and the Shia know that there will only be more death and violence with-out the US.

Kurds have few problems because the problem there is between Sunni and Shia.

Iran wants to conquer Kurdistan which has most of the oil and are trying to use Shiites in Iraq to accomplish this.

In short your analysis is unintelligent and unresearched.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreiMaurer

Probably 90% of Iraqis want the US present, because the Sunnis know they will be over-ran by the Shia with-out the US and the Shia know that there will only be more death and violence with-out the US.

What you say hear is not an all bad thought but what is your reference to this information?

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
What you say hear is not an all bad thought but what is your reference to this information?

Friends within the US DoD and soldiers there who give a "general" opinion which I would say in their defense to me they illustrate that the opinion is favorable but not necessarily the way one may thank a police officer keeping the peace but certainly not the hate of a conqueror or invader.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well that is something. Thanks for forwarding that opinion from your friends in the DoD.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This is something that adds to this thread. We may hear much more of this in the future.

"The Bush administration has authorized the U.S. military to kill or capture Iranian operatives inside Iraq as part of an aggressive new strategy to weaken Tehran's influence across the Middle East and compel it to give up its nuclear program, according to government and counterterrorism officials with direct knowledge of the effort."

Here are some details from that report (and again, the Post's reporting is based on information from unnamed sources -- though as you'll see, an administration spokesman who goes on-the-record has since confirmed the program's existence):

• "The new 'kill or capture' program was authorized by President Bush in a meeting of his most senior advisers last fall, along with other measures meant to curtail Iranian influence from Kabul to Beirut and, ultimately, to shake Iran's commitment to its nuclear efforts."

usa today

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I personally doub that we will go to war with Iran. Its not the Iranians that are to blame, its the "terrorist groups" inside of Iran. The reason for the calling of the war with IRAQ is because Suddam owned the place, and Saddam= Iraq.

Do you see where im trying to get to? Iran = not the ones hating us.. its their terrorist groupds.. Iraq= Suddam Hussein who at the time had Iraq in his hands...

Its crazy how so much has happened ever since George W Bush came to office.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Yes an awful lot has happened since Bush got in office.
I do see what you mean by it there terror groups that are causing the problems. But the thing is, who is supporting the terror groups?
Many have said it is at least in part the government of Iran. I still have not seen definitive proof of that any where.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Bush gives Iran a full broadside.

Bush warns Iran against action in Iraq Yahoo
WASHINGTON - Deeply distrustful of Iran, President Bush said Monday "we will respond firmly" if Tehran escalates its military actions in Iraq and threatens American forces or Iraqi citizens. Bush's warning was the latest move in a bitter and more public standoff between the United States and Iran.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Meanwhile, Bolton dreams of new a Shah of Iran.

Bolton for regime change in Tehran Yahoo
"The only response is to isolate (the Iranians) internationally as well as politically and economically. In the long term, in the I hope not very long term, the only real solution is regime change," he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I still say war with Iran is coming, so don't take off those hats and put your feet up just yet.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Israel owns America's media and therfore controls the beliefs of the American people....the hourglass empties.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Hear is another thred with a supporting topic.

just saw on cnn a few minutes ago [5:15 pm arizona time] a breaking news segment, cnn says they got a report that the US believes theres a strong possibilty that either Iran or Iranian trained iraqis carried out the attack in Karbala that resulted in 1 US soldier killed and 4 kidnapped and later executed. I cannot yet find anything on the CNN website about this as it is such a new report so i cannot yet offer a link to the story but im sure there will be very soon. From what CNN cited from the report, the US military believes that due to the sophistication of the Karbala attack that is what is beyond the means of the regular insurgents and very possibly carried out with help from Iran or even from Iranians themselves.
sorce thred

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join