It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telephone pole in the middle of the road

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Found this on the C2C AM website:
www.coasttocoastam.com...

Immediately thought "Photoshop-job!" - however on closer inspection I saw the Air vents in the car reflect on the windshield and the shadow of the pole goes through it.

Why would anyone place a pole this way?

I wanted to post this somewhere in ATS but could not find the appropriate forum, especially as I couldn´t suggest any type conspiracy/alien/time travel/whatever - interference that would cause this. Gotta be manmade, right?

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Do you think it's possilbe that the pole was there before road was laid and they will remove the pole at a later date.

Still it is really dumb though...

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Yeah, could be. It would make sense then that the road would be closed off. Which, if we are to believe the guy who the picture, it wasn´t.

Would´ve thought more people would think this story was interesting, by the lack of responses I guess this type of event is normal in N. America !?

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I did'nt like that pole where it was. I felt compelled to move it myself!

btw, I do think it was a photoshop job on the original pic. But then again, I'm suspicious of most pics on the net anyway.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
I did'nt like that pole where it was. I felt compelled to move it myself!

HaHa

Wonderful, order restored !!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Wow, nice photoshopping job.

I'm just a bit confused as to why someone would have so little of a life as to be driving on a road in the middle of nowhere, decide to stop in the middle of their trip (instead of just switch lanes), take a picture of a pole and put it on the internet.

Sounds a little silly to me.

My opinion is that it's photoshopped. The direction the links are going would suggest that the next pole would be on the road as well. Something like that is unnoticable and would probably cause a disruption to both lanes.

There are two lanes, one for cars traveling in the opposite direction. How on earth do you continue on your dandy trip if there's traffic in both directions?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paresthesia
I'm just a bit confused as to why someone would have so little of a life as to be driving on a road in the middle of nowhere, decide to stop in the middle of their trip (instead of just switch lanes), take a picture of a pole and put it on the internet.

What? If you encountered a pole in the middle of the road wouldn't you stop to take a picture too, or is it that common to see poles in the middle of the road in the town where you live?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
if you look at the pix you can see that the road is very new, it was probably moved into what was the side lane for some reason and the power company was not yet moved it, it is a power pole not a phone pole i worked for most of my life at ma bell so i notice thing like that not that it would make much difference if you hit it except for the high voltage lines but hay that's what makes it extreme crash rather than an ordinary one.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Those poles are burried 10 feet in the ground as not to be broken or swayed by the elements.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufia

Originally posted by Paresthesia

What? If you encountered a pole in the middle of the road wouldn't you stop to take a picture too, or is it that common to see poles in the middle of the road in the town where you live?

No, honestly if I was headed somewhere, I'd just switch lanes and keep going. I'm too lame to take interest in such things.

new topics

top topics

join