It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Americans really this dumb? video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
G'day all,

This following You Tube clip care of fellow Australians comedians from "The Chasers War on Everything" does not paint a favopurable image of Amercians, well actually, its the Americans that dont paint a favorable image of themselves.
Have a look -

www.youtube.com...

Quite amusing - really makes you wonder, do they teach you guys anything over there at school? You would've thought all those questions were common sense?

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This is very embarassing. I just can't believe people are this stupid around here.

I hope this is just a joke :shk:

[edit on 13-1-2007 by Striker122]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
it took some editing I'm sure, but not much if you go to the right spots.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Its almost so sad that its not even funny.
seriously, I used to think videos liek this were funny but come on "name a country that satarts with U" and they cant even get that.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
There are nearly 300 million people in America. The only thing they all have in common is that they are all American. A comedic video does not represent all or even some of the whole. There are many intelligent Americans who do a lot of good in the world.
There are ignorant people in every country. This video could of been made in any country.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
If I could applaud Umbrax I would.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
We are not dumb, after all, we are the greatest country in the world.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
They play stuff like this on Jay Leno.
All this video proves is that there are ignorant people everywhere.
But this video in particular picks on the Americans.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I know you all want to defend your people but come on, How many sides to a triangle? 4 or its one side???

How much editing can you do with him just asking questions.

I hope you all know that the flags they were putting in the map were Australia and not France or Iraq or North or South Korea or any others.

Just to prove that there is more people in America that are like that, here is our very own Englishman Jeremy Clarkson asking questions in Las Vegas...

Jeremy Clarkson in Las Vegas

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
lol @ "Ok, I'm a little mixed up over the Palestinians, and the Israeli's ... which one is throwin the rocks?"

Out of so many to choose, that had to be my favorite.

There are dumb people everywhere in the world but wow, this was very entertainng. Cheers for the laugh
I'm looking forward to heading back home next month to check out some real TV

[edit on 14-1-2007 by ImJaded]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It's kinda like when the news does coverage of a gay pride festival, they only show the freaks to amuse the masses........

I'm glad you enjoyed watching our American freaks......every country has 'em.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
this video wasnt done in some other country that guys in downtown new york city
plus (yes another stupid american) is that guy really the prime minister of australia?
(dun be mean to me or ill call my mom and hell hath no fury like hers)

-the king

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
ROLF! Hey Melbourne Militia, I watched is episode of Chasers on ABC and it was so funny I cried, Hey how funny is it when Craig introduces himself as John Howard "well I'd like to thank you Mr. Howard for your efforts in Iraq" ROLFMAO! ooh America is great I love it..

note: We Aussies have stupid people too ATS, so don't flame me.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
It doesn't surprise me a bit, it looks like this was made in Kalifornia...
:shk:

Seriously, you do know that anyone who would have answered the questions right would have been edited out right?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I think humans in general are effin' stupid.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Nicotine, I hate to get this thread off topic, but I love your banner...

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I think humans in general are effin' stupid.

George Carlin once said

“Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!”

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
i think that if you just walk up to people like that they just answer without even thinking.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
There are nearly 300 million people in America. The only thing they all have in common is that they are all American. A comedic video does not represent all or even some of the whole. There are many intelligent Americans who do a lot of good in the world.
There are ignorant people in every country. This video could of been made in any country.

You summed up my thoughts completely.

They clearly asked a lot of people and only kept the footage that represented the "stupid" population of America. If this took place in California, could they say California was stupid? If it took place in Utah, could they say Utah was stupid? Uh, not really because a couple stupid people doesn't make an entire population stupid.

I've done the exact same thing as this guy. I went out and asked working adults in the mall what president was on the quarter for a bet. My mother said that more people wouldn't know and I said that more people would know. Out of the 50 people I asked, 25 of them knew and 25 of them didn't.

Does that mean half of America is stupid? No. Does that mean half of the mall is stupid? No. Does that mean half of working adults are stupid? No.

This "study" is very biased in my opinion. :bnghd:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Whoa now!!

Before all of y'all back in the 'old country' and assorted other 'furriners', have tooo much fun at our expense, and before you dislocate any limbs while patting yourselves on the back.....Please remember that WE are RELATED, albeit distantly......

( That said.....I KNOW some of those people!! )

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join