It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conversation between a skeptic and a U.F.O. occupant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The U.F.O. lands in front of the skeptic.

Skeptic: Why havn't you appeared to us before now?

Voice from the ship: Are you kidding? We have been appearing to you guys since the dawn of human civilization. Everyone from your Presidents to people in your military have told you about us. You have seen pictures and videos of us. You didn't see us because you didn't want to for your own personal reasons, even though we have made are presence known throughout the years.

I'm hard on the skeptic because I truly think that skepticism can be the enemy of reason. For some people, skepticism is a dogma and they never realize the true role of a skeptic. A skeptic is supposed to seek the truth wherever it may lead. Most skeptics in Ufology, have the answer that satisfies there personal beliefs before they even ask the questions.

If someone says that there's pink elephants flying in the woods, then skepticism is warranted because of lack of evidence. With Ufology there's mountains of evidence and at what point does a skeptic actually find the truth these days? Or is the goal never to find the truth and your skepticism has turned into a defense mechanism for your personal beliefs?

Many supernatural events are actually natural events that we have yet to explain. If we were to go back 2,000 years ago and clone a sheep, it would be called a supernatural event. This is why it doesn't make sense to deny some of these things where the evidence is so luminous. It just makes more sense to explore these things instead of ridcule them because we don't understand them yet. Things like Ufology, psychic ability and ghosts have been around with us for a long time and the evidence that support these thing is very strong.

“The day Science begins to study nonphysical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all previous centuries of its existence.” NIKOLA TESLA

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
So in your ideal world everyone should believe without question?
Get real.
Where is this evidence that they are among us?
What personal reasons do I need for aliens to come into contact with me?
What presidents or millitary have told us about aliens?

What a pointless thread.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hey Polo, I hear what you're saying and I think you've described it beautifully. There are people who will be skeptical of anything even when proof has been presented. Then there are the folks who are skeptical of certain things, but they still don't look at the evidence or use logic, they just immediately form an uninformed opinion which has not been thought out. Knee-jerks skeptics you might say. I would ask the skeptics to prove to me that there are no UFO's.

They're not searching for the truth, they're just being oppositional and argumentative.

Then there are the true skeptics, ones who examine all of the information, think about it for a long time, discuss, debate and finally come to the conclusion that they personally don't believe there are UFO's. That's an INFORMED skeptic and those are the ones I want to talk to, since they may have info I don't.

Good point, Polo.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
Get real.

What a pointless thread.

Sneakoid, he didn't say we should all believe without question, don't twist his words. So, show me some evidence that they DON'T exist.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady

Originally posted by thesneakiod
Get real.

What a pointless thread.

Sneakoid, he didn't say we should all believe without question, don't twist his words. So, show me some evidence that they DON'T exist.

Er... the evidence is that there is no proof that they are here.
And anyways its up to the believer to prove they exist not me proving they dont.

Basically the OP is against sceptics, and in his way he would like them not to be heard.

If you couldnt read into that by reading his thread then thats your look out.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
So you mean that every withness throughout history is a liar? That every single footage is fake? That all state-funded investigations world wide were conducted because there is nothing to investigate?

What is worse, being nothing but a dreamer or nothing but a skeptic?

Common sense is the worst and most useless tool when confronting something completely new to human nature...

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by polomontana
I'm hard on the skeptic because I truly think that skepticism can be the enemy of reason. For some people, skepticism is a dogma and they never realize the true role of a skeptic. A skeptic is supposed to seek the truth wherever it may lead. Most skeptics in Ufology, have the answer that satisfies there personal beliefs before they even ask the questions.

Originally posted by Raud
So you mean that every withness throughout history is a liar? That every single footage is fake? That all state-funded investigations world wide were conducted because there is nothing to investigate?

Common sense is the worst and most useless tool when confronting something completely new to human nature...

It is hard to keep track of the generalizations in this thread. Most of us are somewhere between "nothing but a dreamer" and "nothing but a skeptic." It's healthy to have critical thinking skills, and wonderful to have intuition and imagination.

Threads like this one do nothing but polarize these two trains of thought even more than they are already inclined to be.

Polomontana, you're wasting your airtime without a true Alien/UFO topic to discuss beyond your biased observations about personality types on a message board.

Consider this: the 'skeptics' you encounter here at ATS are open-minded enough to frequent a conspiracy board and discuss extraterrestrial evidence together. If we're all so detrimental to your experience, I wish you luck in the three-dimensional world, where the great majority of the population wouldn't listen to a contactee report long enough to even get around to asking for evidence.

This is a positive place; let's not continue to create useless divisions.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raud

Was that refered to me?
If so ive never said all evidence is fake. All footage could easily be millitary
craft, or balloons, birds etc.....so why not go down that road? No chance with
the blinkered believer.

Common sense tells me that what Im looking at is probably fake, but it doesnt make it so, its just my opinion.

What the OP is saying is that skeptics arent good for the ufo debate, that
we are stifiling its progress of eventual disclosure.

What he/she probably cant handle mind, is the possibility that ET has never flown around or set foot on this rock at all.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
thesneakoid, many president and officails have had their own experience with UFO's and shared their stories, I remeber a thread not long ago about presidents and their encounters. Raegan, Carter, Clinton made a statement once, and many more, even Bush. I'll try to find the thread I'm talking about.

-Jimmy-

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimmy910130
thesneakoid, many president and officails have had their own experience with UFO's and shared their stories, I remeber a thread not long ago about presidents and their encounters. Raegan, Carter, Clinton made a statement once, and many more, even Bush. I'll try to find the thread I'm talking about.

-Jimmy-

Thanks but I dont care what any president says on the topic. Its hardly going to convince me they are here just cos ronald reagan and co said so.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yeah, yeah, maybe I was a bit harsh back there. I do have a sceptical mind since this subject is highly infected with loads of disinfo. But remember that much of this disinfo is planted to ridicule the idea of believing in UFO's.

Anyhow, there is such a thing, but origin remains unknown to me a the present. The alternative, that it hasn't ever existed such a phenomenon is not likely. There are more pro's than con's so by using the method of logic and the more important; guidance of your inner light I can say that I am overwhelmingly sure that they are out there.
That is my knowledge of which you are free to accept or deny, to me it could not matter less and therefore I would not consider creating such a pointless thread like the OP did... No offence.

top topics

join