It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help With A Dilemma?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I'm a junior in high school and I have a friend who has a dilemma. He cut 8th period today and went home. Then a couple of hours later, he got a call from the attendance officer and got summoned to school with his parents. He believes he might get suspended.

Now he's upset at the school administration of unfair treatment. Just last week, there was a fight in school between two guys and one was left of the hook easily just because he was "cool' with the administration. I agree with my friend about unfair treatment and how the administration of the school is less severe in their ways of punishing to students who intern for them and are "popular and play on the soccer team, basketball team, etc".

My friend is upset about this and wants to make a difference and be heard about this unfair treatment by the administration towards people that dont have "connections" if you catch my drift. How should my friend let people and the administration know about this unfair treatment in the consequences that come from "fighting in school" when one gets worse punishment than others?

Should he write a letter to the administration with signatures from students agreeing with him? Should he just drop it... He seems really determined. Hope to hear your opinion about this issue...

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Well, it sounds like he's guilty of what he's being punished for. Not much he can do their except to not repeat this behavior in the future. About the unfair treatment, if you really think there's any truth behind it, I'd speak directly to someone in the adminstration, and see what they say. You could do the petition, but it might be a bit extreme this early on.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Thanks for taking the time to respond. My friend realizes he's guilty. He just wants other people who do something worse to pay for it and not get off the hook. But yeah, I'll keep what you said in mind. Thnx again for responding.

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I think it might not be in his best interests to send letters to the administration about their perceived bias. It could result in a more unpleasant time in school. From my high school experience, I can tell you that teachers and admin play favourites and will make your life miserable if you push it too far.

Unfortunately, life is not fair and you have to choose your battles carefully. I would let this one go, unless he wants the troublemaker label slapped on him.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prideless
My friend realizes he's guilty.

Then let it drop.
Sounds like he just wants revenge.
As for the other guy: what comes around, goes around.......

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prideless
My friend realizes he's guilty. He just wants other people who do something worse to pay for it and not get off the hook.

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

This isn't about seeking revenge and no I wouldn't drop it either.

This is about the administration of justice.

I'm also presuming that your friend is correct in his belief that he will soon be suspended from school and the other guy will not.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
You have the situation pegged. Unfortunately, that is the real world. There have alway been favorites and there will always be favorites. When you get out of school you will inevitably see the same thing in the workplace. The letter/petition could be done but as someone pointed out it could make things worse or it could help. You just have to decide if you are willing to face the consequences if it goes the wrong way. I feel for you, school and the politics thereof are the pits. No amout of money in the world would make me want to go back to highschool. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It's not worth the trouble, because it will only stir up more.
I'm telling you, let it drop. Move on with life. It's in the past and so will high school be in a couple more years. You'll look back on this one day and say, "How stupid". Either that or you'll completely forget it even happened.

new topics

top topics

join