It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Alien Outpost On Phobos??

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I had always imagined that Phobos was some kind of an 'outpost' of Mars made by an ET civilization, maybe hundreds of thousands of years ago!

What with all the weird, unexplained anomalies on Mars and Phobos, there could be some element of credibility to this. Now read on...

So what do we have here?? 'Designs' or 'artificial constructs' on a 'monolith' on Phobos, a moon of Mars!

Intriguing to say the least! First, have a look at the pic below which shows the 'monolith'. It appears in isolation and contradicts the surrounding terrain, lending credence that it could be artificial in origin.



Now look at an animated pic of the same 'monolith' below. Do you see some dark geometric shapes on its 'roof'?


Courtesy: Mac Tonnies, Digital Descent


Here they are...




Digital enhancements of the top view of the large monolith on Phobos.


And to cap it all, here's what one of the 'constructs' looks like after colorization etc.



So what do you guys have to say to this?? It sure looks like there is something out there!


Courtesy: Lan Fleming and Efrain Palermo

Source.




posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
While the 'monolith' itself is interesting (I'd love to see it in high res) the "geometric" shapes are absolutely ridiculous! The image is REALLY zoomed in, meaning all small shapes (which in this case appear to not exist due to being smaller or the size of a pixel) are an effect of whatever zooming algorithm used. Not even the best of programs can show information that isnt there, although they seem more than capable of creating buildings, structures and possibly UFOs as seen in many cases, lol.

[edit on 13-1-2007 by merka]



posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

...are an effect of whatever zooming algorithm used. Not even the best of programs can show information that isnt there, although they seem more than capable of creating buildings, structures and possibly UFOs as seen in many cases, lol.


You bring up a valid explanation, imo.

Also note that some of these structures are only visible after further "enhancing" the image. And due to the algorithms used during "enhancement", further artifacts may indeed be generated.


Sorry for this next bit, it is a little off-topic; but it still related here as to the further manipulaing of digital images.
This is one point where the Moon Pix thread is really going downhill, imo. I don't even bother going to that thread anymore, as it seems some members here are so determined to find hidden bases and other Human or Alien made constructs, that they are resorting to further manipulation of the images without realising that they may in fact be creating the artificial constructs through their digital manipulation.

But since I'm no expert, I know that my theory will be knocked down.



edit for clarity

[edit on 1/13/2007 by Mechanic 32]



posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
i do not mean to mock but sometimes it cannot be helped



The Two Monoliths are amazingly positioned ....in a perfectly straight line.


that was my " jump the shark" moment


yup folks - it is posible to draw a perfectly straight line between not one , but TWO points

who whould have though it ???????????????



posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Digital manipulation? Quite possible. I wonder what I_a has to say about this. He claims he's the expert in CGI!

But forget about digital manipulation for a moment. Check out this 'Garrison Outpost' on Eros, an asteroid. The photograph was taken by the The Near Earth Asteroid Rendezvous spacecraft (NEAR).

I've circled a few of the suspicious looking 'structures' that don't look like natural rock formations.

Could Eros be an artificial satellite? No one knows for sure as to why Eros has such an elongated orbit. It is especially intriguing to astronomers because, despite its large elliptical orbit, it comes closer to the Earth than any other body of comparable size, except the moon.



False color image of Eros. The NEAR (Near Earth Asteroid Rendezvous) mission, a NASA Discovery Program being conducted by the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, Laurel, MD, was the first mission to orbit an asteroid.

P.S. Now for heaven's sake, I never said this IS an alien outpost!! Just that those rocks don't look natural to me. They're too symmetrical. Like monoliths!! Wonder what natural processes made them so??



posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
i do not mean to mock but sometimes it cannot be helped



The Two Monoliths are amazingly positioned ....in a perfectly straight line.


that was my " jump the shark" moment


yup folks - it is posible to draw a perfectly straight line between not one , but TWO points

who whould have though it ???????????????
Incredible!!!!!!!!!!! i never knew it was possible to draw a line between 2points.

That new picture looks interesting, but the amount of hoax's that there are makes it seem like a generic picture.

[edit on 13-1-2007 by SKUNK]



posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Digital manipulation? Quite possible. I wonder what I_a has to say about this. He claims he's the expert in CGI!

But forget about digital manipulation for a moment. Check out this 'Garrison Outpost' on Eros, an asteroid. The photograph was taken by the The Near Earth Asteroid Rendezvous spacecraft (NEAR).

I've circled a few of the suspicious looking 'structures' that don't look like natural rock formations.

Could Eros be an artificial satellite? No one knows for sure as to why Eros has such an elongated orbit. It is especially intriguing to astronomers because, despite its large elliptical orbit, it comes closer to the Earth than any other body of comparable size, except the moon.



False color image of Eros. The NEAR (Near Earth Asteroid Rendezvous) mission, a NASA Discovery Program being conducted by the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, Laurel, MD, was the first mission to orbit an asteroid.

P.S. Now for heaven's sake, I never said this IS an alien outpost!! Just that those rocks don't look natural to me. They're too symmetrical. Like monoliths!! Wonder what natural processes made them so??


Do you have the source of this pic?



posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
i do not mean to mock but sometimes it cannot be helped



The Two Monoliths are amazingly positioned ....in a perfectly straight line.


yup folks - it is posible to draw a perfectly straight line between not one , but TWO points

Incredible!!!!!!!!!!! i never knew it was possible to draw a line between 2points.



[edit on 13-1-2007 by SKUNK]


Relax guys! The guy who wrote the article, Efrain Palermo, may not be a PhD in English!! So he doesn't need to be hauled over the coals for this!

What he meant was that, looking at it from the top (plan view), the edges of both the structures point exactly toward each other. Here is what he meant. And it sure is intriguing!



Now this ain't no laughing matter!!



posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I am always hiughly engaged when someone has a theory, and even more when they have photographic evidence to lend some sort of backup. I am very impressed with the pics and the theory. Mars definitively has a lot of interesting structures and supposed "natural" geometric shapes on its surface. It is good to see other planets nearby do as well. All this lends credence to ancient or recent involvement by intelligent life. And that is just the surface!



posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Well no. He refers to one as a rectangle. You made it into a pair of triangles to fit your theory.



posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Eros looks full of rocks(?) with strange shapes.

This photo, for example, has some strange looking things on it.



This photo and many more can be seen here.



posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Eros looks full of rocks(?) with strange shapes.

This photo, for example, has some strange looking things on it.



This photo and many more can be seen here.


ArMap, You got it!!


Orion wanted the source of the first Eros pic I posted. Sorry bud! It seems to have been yanked off the net for some strange reason!! Another conspiracy?

I was particularly intrigued by this pic (below), of Eros taken by NEAR Shoemaker. Notice the 'monolith' I have marked as well as the 'smooth' area next to it. Doesn't fit with the surroundings.


False Color image
Spacecraft: NEAR Shoemaker
Instrument: Multi-Spectral Imager
Produced by: NASA/JHU
Copyright: NASA Copyright Free Policy
Cross Reference: PIA03132
Date Taken: 7 January 2001


Notice the geometric shape of the monolith which is almost 300 meters high!! Check out the rectangular shadow which proves the geometric shape of the structure. The smooth swathe is approx 1.6 Km across.



posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
UH huh... a Monolith eh... just like 2001. It seems to me that people read way too much into poor quality images. In the most recent image you can see where every tiny rock has a long shadow, so it is understandable that a slightly larger one would have a longer shadow. No monolith, just a rock and shadow. And why is it that several rocks somewhat near each other has to be an alien base of some kind? Drawing a line between two hard to see objects is evidence of.... nothing.

If people wish to claim alien bases they need far better evidence that some highly questionable photos. Imagination is not evidence.

"Any photo requiring equal parts interpretation and imagination (photos sometimes characterized as ‘blobsquatches’) should be discounted."*



posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
What he meant was that, looking at it from the top (plan view), the edges of both the structures point exactly toward each other. Here is what he meant. And it sure is intriguing!



Now this ain't no laughing matter!!

The edges that are not visible in the original picture of the very diffuse objects or the edges of the painted on triangles?


How you would be unable to draw a line connecting random edges of 2 triangles is beyond me...

[edit on 13-1-2007 by merka]



posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Can anybody explain to me how this thread went from discussing an "Alien Outpost" on Phobos (a moon of Mars) to discussing an "Alien Outpost" on Eros, an asteroid?

Sorry, mikesingh, but I'm joining Terapin in calling Bull**** on your claim that your picture below of a "monolith" and "smoothened areas" on Eros. The "monolith" isn't 300 meters high - and the reason is that you are almost right in saying that the smooth area is 1.6 km across. This link makes the case for the whole photo representing an area about 1.4 km across, and with the sunlight coming in from that particular angle you would expect a ~300 meter "monolith" to cast a shadow MUCH larger than the shadows cast by the surrounding terrain (crater rims, etc.), which this "monolith" does not.

All the pictures you've posted show is a couple large rocks (Phobos and Eros) that have a few smaller rocks sitting on top of them. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes a rock is just a rock.



posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
No offense to the OP or anyone else here, but what we have here are nothing more than normal, expected, geologic features on normal, expected, celestial objects.

Beacuse one particular feature or another casts a long shadow, has some symmetry or a geometrical shape, or can be connected by a line to another normal object doesn't make it artificial, synthetic, alien, or anything other than (just barely) interesting.

Anyway - keep trying, maybe one day you'll post a real, unambigous, celestial surface feature we can all sink our teeth into and analyze!

Thanks - and keep looking up!


[edit on 1/13/2007 by Outrageo]



posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Like someone mentioned earlier,all this talk of monoliths reminds me of 2001.
I was listening to Art Bell once and he had a guy named Michio Kaku (sp?) on.He blew my mind with his theories,but one that really stuck out was his "theory" of Von Neumann Probes.Sort of a real life "explanation" of the monolith in 2001.Anyway,when I saw that first pic this immediately came to mind,and I figured I'd share it with you guys.Pretty cool stuff.



posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Fascinating stuff but I can't believe this.

Llook at the "nartural" wonders if this world and wonder hw they would look from 200 miles up (and enhanced). Imagine some of the rock formations from this planet and how they would look.

Please keep looking for life elsewhere (and here on Earth if you can)



posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Fascinating stuff but I can't believe this.

Llook at the "nartural" wonders if this world and wonder hw they would look from 200 miles up (and enhanced). Imagine some of the rock formations from this planet and how they would look.

Please keep looking for life elsewhere (and here on Earth if you can)



posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Eros looks full of rocks(?) with strange shapes.

This photo, for example, has some strange looking things on it.




You know, if I didn't know any better, I'd swear that was a mirror on the surface reflecting light in the 3 directions shown in the crater there. That IS indeed very interesting. Pass this onto Zorgon. I bet he'll be jumpin for joy!!

At last, a varifiable source for an amazing picture.

TheBorg



new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join