It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you believe if.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Ok let's say i see a classic saucer shaped craft over London. I run out with my camera and get a high quality film, the foreground and background are clearly visible which allows the size of the object to be calculated. The craft is nice and clear and performs some truly amazing feats, like travelling at high speed and then stopping instantly. The video has multiple points of reference to calculate the actual speed and it turns out to be well in excess of any of our planes.

The video camera i use happens to be a film one instead of digital, well look at that, decent evidence on old fashioned magnetic tape. I get all excited, make a copy but send the original to, lets say Kodak for an independent study of the actual film. It comes back with a nice glowing letter saying the film hasn't been altered with any method they know of. I then send it to multiple film experts and special effects people, they all come back saying that if it's a fake they have no idea how it's done. They even show research on how this is a real object in frame. Lighting, shape, colour etc etc are all perfect, beyond any known method of editing.

My next call is the MoD (Ministry of Defense). I asked for a radar report of the area, if anything was noticed. For the sake of argument lets consider both views here and say they confirm something was there and also they didn't. Just for the sake of arguement lets consider both.

So i have a tape, all experts can't say it's fake and say it's one of the best videos ever. The disk was also observed by other people, obviously witness testimonies vary slightly but that is just becuase humans are so very bad at being witnesses.

Now with all this, would you believe in strange craft flying around our planet? I am not saying they are alien before anyone jumps on me with that. This would not be proof of alien life, it would be proof of strange craft, using technology unknown to public science. It could of course be secret government tech.

I am really aiming this at hard core skeptics. To be clear, no i do not have, or know of any video like this. This is a hypothetical question.

Would you believe?

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I would have to say no.

It has been clearly demonstrated that the day of film/video evidence is well over. Even if it was in film people would try to poke holes in it and divert attention almost immediately.

If the MoD were to confirm radar, then that would truly be something but it would have to be public which would never happen. You may get some sort of unofficial confirmation likely through 3rd parties, though it would just never be agknowledged.

I do not consider myself a hardcore skeptic, yet I have seen too many people make fanciful claim to really ever believe ANYTHING on the internet.

I know this sounds very negative but if it were to happen, the release of information that would be under controll anyway. It would therefore we a form of disclosure. The film would be an aesthetic additive.

I wouldn't hold your breath anyone.

For a video to convince me it would take a lot...

I have seen enough things that seemed so real that turned out to be utter BS.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I would have to personally meet you. I would have to see your face and hear how you talk whilst we watched the video together.

By your reaction to this tape alone, I or anyone would know that what you filmed that day was real or fake.

Besides that, being a hard core sceptic as you say, and if it was just posted on a website and based on the mass of fakes out there, Im sorry but I wouldnt believe it.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Meeting people won't prove anything. Afterall a convincing act is easier to fake than the film itself, at least for some people.

My whole problem with video and photo evidence is that sadly in our day and age it cannot be truly used as evidence. So the question is, where does this put UFO research? Is the position now completely flawed? The only thing left is witness testimony and that in itself isn't good enough for proof of this subject.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Hmm... if you panned down to the street and people were
looking at the object and over all, the video seemed real,
well I'd say that you well have filmed something.

I too would like to speak to you personally about the event
and I can assume that the media would be involved, so I
would have to peruse through the tabloid and broadsheet
view of it to decide.

Just by filming something strange in the sky doesn't
mean you filmed aliens.

My jury would be out.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by IronMan
Just by filming something strange in the sky doesn't
mean you filmed aliens.

My jury would be out.

See now i thought i made it clear that i wasn't saying it could be aliens. Why does everyone immediately hear aliens when talking about exotic craft flying around our skys? Is this the medias doing to make people who believe in these craft seem nuts?

new topics

top topics

join