It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sound waves and patterns

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I saw this posted on a car audio forum. These are sound waves interacting with some material. The patterns produced are suprising. You need your speakers with this one to see how the tone change produces different patterns.

www.youtube.com...

Troy

[edit on 12-1-2007 by cybertroy]

[edit on 12-1-2007 by cybertroy]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
"Sounds" interesting.

How's about a link..I'd like to hear what you are talking about!

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Yeah, just noticed I didn't put a link in. It's there now.

Troy

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Thats a great video.
You can see the nodal patterns.
It's interesting how quickly they can change with a small change in frequency and decibels.

My dogs will love the audio, too!

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Yeah, it was very cool to see those uniform patterns occuring.

Troy

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Pretty cool allright

Just wish they'd put more of a description so we could understand exactly what we were looking at. Like at what frequency is what pattern made. The frequency could have been easily displayed in a digital readout on the screen, had they just used a software frequency generator. And the table surface, and what white powdery substance that was. Kinda looked like baking soda, flour or sugar.

Would have been also useful to change the location of the table, and the speaker(s), so that the sound could interact with more room nodes and see how the patterns are affected that way, too.

One thing that struck me is that if sound frequencies do that to powder scattered on a table surface of some kind, then we may have a viable explanation, of sorts, for crop circles... And how could that be done at such a high amplitude probably necessary to affect wheat and grass fields that way? Might be possible with cancellation technology. Ever used a set of them Bose noise cancelling head phones? Pretty amazing.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Super cool thread. I grabbed a few frames and strung them together, blasting it out so you can see the patterns. This is truly interesting. I guess it's a subwoofer under the black surface? Very cool.

[edit on 13-1-2007 by smallpeeps]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I'm trying to figure it out. What is the significance of it? I posted it, I looked at it, thought it was cool. Can we use it somehow? Can we create something with it?

I wonder if the same exact tone produces the same pattern every time?

Troy

[edit on 14-1-2007 by cybertroy]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
There is a book by William Cooper entitled Behold A Pale Horse in which he rants about quite a few "conspiracies" (my kinda guy) but, of especial interest to the topic at hand, I offer a few excerpts.

Regarding beam weapons: "They are only effective at short range; that they can paralyze a human being; they can levitate a human being; they can burn something out of your hands without hurting you, like an M-16; and fry you to a crisp and nothing but ashes is left. It can give you a sunburn. It depends upon the degree of how they want to use this thing as to exactly what it will do." (p. 190)

"JOSHUA was a weapon captured from the Germans which was capable of shattering 4-inch thick armor plate at a range of two miles. It used aimed, low-frequency sound waves..." (p.212)

"Ionization of the air: An abundance of negative condesation nucleii (air ions) in ingested air enhances alertness and exhiliration, while an excess of positive ions enhances drowsiness and depression. Calculation of the ionic balance of a target audience's atmospheric environment will be corespondingly useful. Again this is a naturally-occurring condition-caused by such varying agents as solar ultraviolet light, lightning, and rapidly-moving water- rather than one which must be artificially created. [Detonation of nuclear weapons, however, will alter atmospheric ionization levels]

Extremely Low Frequency (ELF) waves: ELF waves (up to 100 HZ) are once more naturally occurring, but they can also be produced artificially (such as for the Navy's Project Sanguine for submarine communication). ELF-waves are not normally noticed by the unaided senses, yet their resonant effect upon the human body has been connected to both physiological disorders and emotional distortion. Infrasound vibration (up to 20 HZ) can subliminally influence brain activity to align itself to delta, theta, alpha, or beta wave patterns, inclining an audience toward everything from alertness to passivity. Infrasound could be used tactically, as ELF-waves endure for great distances; and it could be used in conjunction with media broadcasts as well." (p. 380)

Vibrations are, I believe, the next generation of weaponry. Projectile weapons are extremely primitive in comparison to harnessing a specific vibrational frequency, focusing it at a target and causing damage without the target even being aware that they WERE a target much less that they had been subtly damaged. With a carrier signal attached to the frequeny, it is possible to shoot "thoughts, emotions" into a target and they'd believe it came from themselves. ie: "The voices told me to shoot up a school yard full of children and I felt I had to obey".

Time to polish up those tin foil hats, folks!

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Everything in the universe vibrates at different frequencies.
In quantum physics with string theory the strings vibrate at different frequencies to create our physical universe. Frequencies or vibrations are the underlying building blocks of our universe.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
I'm trying to figure it out. What is the significance of it? I posted it, I looked at it, thought it was cool. Can we use it somehow? Can we create something with it?

I wonder if the same exact tone produces the same pattern every time?

I am seeing that the patterns form as the octave changes. Maybe someone with a better ear can help out with this, but it seems that the shift happens when the note hits a new octave.

You can make cool rising sounds like this with Soundforge, even the older version (5 I think). It's simply a rising tone, cycles per second. But if I am listening to it right, I hear the notes E D F, etc... An octave shift seems to imply a complete realignment of the nodal patterns. Also, we are seeing nodal lines going out in 3d space here (assuming the speaker is under the black surface) so from a math standpoint (I suck at math) you have to sort of take a 2d cross-section from the side and then the nodal lines make more sense. Not that any of what I just said makes sense.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The demo is of Chladni patterns, and were discovered in the late 1700's.

The particular pattern formed depends on the plate used. The material characteristics are important, as is the shape of the plate, and how and where it's driven. The math to figure out what you get at which frequencies is somewhat involved.

whitewave: Cooper can't seem to distinguish between sound and EM; it's a failure of a lot of these guys. Sanguine and Seafarer use EM or radio, infrasound is sound. The fact that they have the same frequency is immaterial.

He also thinks you can "aim" low frequency sound, that would be nice but again Cooper shows that he doesn't understand the physics of the situation. Infrasound has a really long wavelength, you won't be "focusing" it at all.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
You see these odd murders as of late, brutal and uncaring, toward babies, toward children, toward parents. Could ELF type technology be behind this?

I think ideas may be being implanted in us through waves, or at teast there may be attempts to do so.

I know it sounds like a strange hollywood Sci Fi movie, but does this technology allready exist in reality?

Troy

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Tom Bedlam,
Thanks for differentiating between the two. In Jeanne Manning's book, Angels Don't Play This HAARP, she indicates that HAARP is capable of beaming a focused sound wave (fairly sure she said sound, not em wave) with a carrier wave. Any info on that? I appreciate your opinions.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Tom Bedlam,
Thanks for differentiating between the two. In Jeanne Manning's book, Angels Don't Play This HAARP, she indicates that HAARP is capable of beaming a focused sound wave (fairly sure she said sound, not em wave) with a carrier wave. Any info on that? I appreciate your opinions.

Hm. Ok, we had that book around for a laugh for a while but eventually someone chucked it in the trash, because it's not in the tech library anymore. We've got all kinds of crap in there from Long Lost Friend to that book that Lear likes that have survived the trash can. ADPTH did not.

My professional opinion on ADPTH is that it is near total tripe. Where they get anything right, it seems to be by accident. What's funnier is that they actually hit on some real stuff but blew by it to go for the crap.

No, the Gakona array can't beam sound. It's a phased array MF transmitter, not a big speaker. Sound and radio are as alike as parakeets and gravel. That frequency characteristic confuses people that are uninformed, though. Yes, they both have frequencies, and no, there is no relation between the two.

In a strict sense, it can't directly transmit low frequency RF either. Certainly not VLF or ELF, so all the folks in the book/video that say it does are quite wrong.

You can induce ELF to be radiated using the array, (peeks...it's on the main HAARP site now? ok, if they posted it no sweat...) They wobble the electrojet by "painting" low density areas on it with the array. That causes the jet to meander back and forth a little. The interaction between the wobble and the Earth's magnetic field converts the wobble into an ELF signal, sort of similar to the way that a FEL creates a laser beam. But it's an ELF radio signal, not ELF sound.

You don't need a lot of ELF to communicate to subs. HAARP could function as a backup for the Navy's two transmitters. While the HAARP website posts some waffling about the amount of ELF produced, the fact is that the Michigan site, significantly larger than the Wisconsin site, only radiated about 5-6W of ELF power. Actually radiating ELF as a wave is incredibly inefficient, even with the relatively long lines that Michigan uses, even using some relatively clever wave launching tricks that use the bedrock. This is because the efficiency of radiating a signal depends on having an antenna that's a significant fraction of the wavelength you're trying to radiate. HAARP couldn't divert very much input power from the electrojet (Gakona's not all that powerful) but they could do it over a very long path.

The wavelength that Navy uses is around 2500 miles in length. Using a 75 mile antenna in Michigan to transmit it is amazingly inefficient, like grinding a redwood down to make a toothpick. You put in hundreds of thousands of Watts to get 5W out. (I have the Sanguine specs here in a folder somewhere if you want the exact numbers). But you can divert just thousands of Watts from the electrojet and still get 5 or 6 Watts output power because you can "draw" an "antenna" 500 miles long with the array.

At any rate, they started converting subs over to using VLF and laser in 2004, so apparently the Gakona backup capability is not a big secret anymore, although at one time you could have gotten into trouble talking about it. You could use HAARP to make VLF as well, but we have a comparative lot of VLF transmitters, so the likelihood that they'd all be knocked out is low.

Perhaps they're confused by a description of how the ELF induction is caused, they use the word "modulation", which is true, the beam is being steered and cut on and off like mad when they're doing this. Turning the beam on and off is modulation.

Now, along with not being really solid on ELF sound not being radio and vice-versa, a lot of these guys think that a signal's modulation is co-equivalent to the sound. That is, if I am modulating a radio wave with an audio signal, then the radio wave IS audio in some way. Nope.

Can you hear the local AM station? The TV station? No. A signal's modulation, even though it may be audio in frequency, is not audio. You can't pretend it is. Either B&M and company don't understand this or they're trying to mislead you, either way it's not a great reflection on them.

edit: To be more accurate, use of the ELF receivers was finally discontinued in 2004 and the two ELF land stations were decommissioned. The subs had VLF and to some extent laser capability before then but now those are the primary submerged comm techniques.

[edit on 17-1-2007 by Tom Bedlam]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I remember seeing something similar to this a few years back and I did some searching and found the name from this site:
dataisnature.com...

Chlandi sounded familiar and sure enough a Wikipedia search turned it up for me: en.wikipedia.org...

Here's another video:
video.google.com...

EDIT:
I guess Tom Bedlam beat me to it

[edit on 17/1/07 by Thaumaturgus]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Tom: thanks for your informative post. checking the links offered in this thread and considering your detailed response, another question arises about the effects of sound. there are several books, tapes, articles, etc. available that propound the benefits of listening to Bach, Beethoven and other classical artists to "open the mind", "increase learning ability" and so on. If that is possible, is it not also possible that listening to other types of music, say a stopped anapestic beat inherent in most rock-n-roll would have a very different type of effect on the brain? If so, do you know of any information available about what type of effect different beats, rhythms, sounds have on the brain/body? as always, your thoughts are valued.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Tom: thanks for your informative post. checking the links offered in this thread and considering your detailed response, another question arises about the effects of sound. there are several books, tapes, articles, etc. available that propound the benefits of listening to Bach, Beethoven and other classical artists to "open the mind", "increase learning ability" and so on. If that is possible, is it not also possible that listening to other types of music, say a stopped anapestic beat inherent in most rock-n-roll would have a very different type of effect on the brain? If so, do you know of any information available about what type of effect different beats, rhythms, sounds have on the brain/body? as always, your thoughts are valued.

Never gave it a LOT of thought. I know that I can't listen to certain types of music and do certain types of work. If I'm doing math I can't listen to rock, but for board layouts it's fine.

Some sounds are distracting or induce nervousness. I know you can play a recording of a beehive or hornet's nest at a very low level and everyone in the room will be edgy and want to leave but not know why.

Um, there are tone combinations that make you sleepy and others that make you alert. While I think some of the claims for Munroe's binaural beat are overblown, I've found they will wake you or make you drowsy. We have a project on the back burner for a sort of ipod looking thing to keep you wired standing a post, but it's one of those "would this work?" sort of things rather than a researched design.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is some more on the subject

Cymatics

www.thepodule.com...

It is an amazing thing to see what shapes you can create by using vibration.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I have the Munroe subliminal tapes and I used to put on the Delta one to get my infant to go to sleep. Worked swell but I never fell asleep so I'm not sure if there needs to be a certain amount of power that accompanies it to be effective on adults or if infants brains are just wired differently and more susceptible. Be an interesting area of research. I know that there is research going on in the area of standing waves and there are even places that will let you participate and do your own studies along their parameters but the equipment is moderately expensive and not really for the curious amateur.

I think most people would agree that certain sounds have a particular effect on the body/brain: fingernails on a chalkboard, rap (is that one category or two
?) I've not found a lot of information on it and I do look. Would love to find a source of info on this topic.

Am familiar with Chladni patterns but not sure what use they could have except as parlor tricks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join