It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

www.HowYouCanChangeTheWorld.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well made site with some interesting ideas amongst the usual. It's a little overly bright - eyed optimistic but it's on the right track at taking practical one step at a time measures. I think it's pretty new as it's got a forum with not much in it but it could become an interesting place to visit.

www.howyoucanchangetheworld.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
okay, like this will ever happen.

"Redistribute money from wealthy people to poor people"

psh, thats kinda communist dontcha think?

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
This was definitely made by trust fund hippies. They havent work a day in their lives but will bleed for the world, as long as its in the saab that daddy bought for them.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I like this point:

On Pacifism:

"17. States who create war should be met with isolation and ultimately military resistance."

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Wow. Has anyone read their forum? I have never seen such idiocy and totally stand by my last post.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
It has a couple of good ideas ...

Wealthier countries should help to fund education campaigns and provide incentives in order to control the population growth in poorer countries. Greater prosperity in the less developed world would not only lead to less human misery but would increase trade and business to everyone�s benefit.

In liberal democracies, there should be greater choice so people have a real reason to vote.

In countries where democracy is limited or non-existent, powerful countries should not support the repression of democracy for their own strategic interests.

Imperialism should be consigned to history and all peoples and states should promote self-determination.

The arms trade should be abolished, and no-one should volunteer to become a soldier to fight a war of aggression.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
You cannot blame the authors of the site for what is posted on the forum. It is not "their" forum. It is a completely open forum where anyone can post a topic, so you are bound to get silly comments just as you are bound to get wise comments. You get stupid posts on this website but no-one would assume that the creators of this site share those views.

The Pacifism section makes complete sense. It is all about using peaceful means other than in self-defence or in the defence of others, and that has to be right and an acceptable definition of pacifism. That's why states that create war have to be met with military resistance- those states are killing people and it is acceptable to use violence in defence of those who would otherwise die- that's a perfectly normal definition of pacifism. Only very few pacifists would believe in never using violence, i.e. not even in self-defence or in defending others, as that would mean simply standing by and watching people die!

I have looked at the site and I like it. Some of the ideas are good. People who make spurious comments about the authors of the site or try to belittle the site seem to be quite ignorant people who cannot come up with solutions to world problems themselves, and are consequently insecure about their own intellectual abilities. If that's the case, don't try to boost your self-esteem by making petty criticisms about people who seem to be genuinely trying to help, i.e. the authors of the site.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
And I also think people criticise sites like the one we're discussing because they fear change themselves. If someone comes up with good ideas to change things, lots of people are scared of that change, or they want change but have convinced themselves it's not possible. They have told themselves that things will never change and they do not like it when someone challenges their defeatism and complacency. In short, they may want things to change but they cannot be bothered to do anything, so when someone shows them how to change the world they do not want to change their own views and so they just belittle the messenger.

It's also sad how so many people go onto sites like this to discuss things like bizaare animal pictures, but not many people go onto the forums on sites like www.howyoucanchangetheworld.com to discuss things which are actually important, like ending global poverty. Are there any popular global political forums out there?

top topics

join