It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Moon landing tapes discovered (or maybe not)

page: 1

join
share:
jra

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well they have been found. They were in the basement of the Curtin University of Technology in Perth, Australia.

www.cosmosmagazine.com...

Last week, up to 100 tapes, clearly marked "NASA Manned Space Center", turned up after a search in a dusty basement of a physics lecture hall at Curtin University of Technology in Perth, Western Australia. One of the old tapes has been sent to the American space agency to see whether it can be deciphered and 'stripped' of any important data which may have survived the ravages of time.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well this is great news. Hopefully they are able to recover the footage with no issues. And perhaps we can put that non-sense about NASA purposely losing the tapes to rest.

EDIT: I just noticed this article was dated Nov 1st, 2006... so I guess this is old news? My friend just sent me the link, so I thought it was new. So if this has been posted here already, then delete this.

EDIT 2: I think they just may be telemetry data. Damn misleading headlines.

EDIT 3: Here's a better article...

www.space.com...

Vintage Apollo space missions tapes uncovered at a university in Western Australia are not what a team of experts are trying to locate.

“These aren’t the tapes we’re looking for,” said John Sarkissian, operations scientist at the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization’s (CSIRO) Parkes Radio Observatory in Parkes, Australia.

The story that is now making the rounds, Sarkissian added, refers to copies of one-inch magnetic tapes recorded at the Carnarvon station in Western Australia. They contain data from Apollo 11’s Early Apollo Surface Experiments Package (EASEP)—a set of scientific instruments emplaced at the Apollo 11 landing site by the astronauts.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Sorry for jumping the gun on this one guys.

[edit on 12-1-2007 by jra]

new topics

join