It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American schools should have some sort of cell phone jammer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by that1guy789
i am a student in school and at my school teachers do not take cell phones or mp3 players awayi from us adn they let us listen to them in class and text message and i still manage to do every assignment given and maintian all A's in my classes. you no why this is, its because instead of trying to instill in us (the students) the fear of losing our cell phones or mp3 players they instill in us the responsibily and trust that we will get done what we need to get done and when its supposed to be done. its almost like a mutual agreement we do our work and respect the teachers we keep the cells and mp3 players.

i think it should be this way at all schools!!!!!

I have two questions for you. First of all this is going to sound mean but are you passing english, and second of all what kind of area do you live in?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
i live in a nice middle class area. not to rich but not to poor. but why would you think that any of this would have to do with what i said. if i lived in the projects would you think the mutual agrement i have with my teachers would be less likly

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

i live in a nice middle class area. not to rich but not to poor. but why would you think that any of this would have to do with what i said. if i lived in the projects would you think the mutual agrement i have with my teachers would be less likly

I find it hard to believe, that is all. The only time I have ever seen it work out is in Magnet schools. Your case is more the exception than the rule.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
so some of the kids vary in the way they live at my school. it could work at other schools but its like i said not all teachers accually care about what they have to do to get you to pay atention in school. allot of teachers think the only way is fear but i say that they are affraid, afraid to instill trust in a student

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
what are magnet schools

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
you no why this is, its because instead of trying to instill in us (the students) the fear of losing our cell phones or mp3 players they instill in us the responsibily and trust that we will get done what we need to get done and when its supposed to be done. its almost like a mutual agreement we do our work and respect the teachers we keep the cells and mp3 players.

hhahaahha^this is the funniest thing i've read...ever

what are they paying the teachers for? to stand there and talk to a bunch of students are are "responsibly" using their phones? Just a quick question: when you are using your items responsibly, are you hiding them under your desk or are you texting out in the open?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
we dont have to hide them none of the teachers are going to take them from us.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
College or high school? What grade are you in?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
why is that funny to you? why does that make you laugh? in what way does that trigger your sense of humor? your paying the teachers to teach us (hence the name teacher) not dicipline us wer not going to boot camp were going to school.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
i am a senior.

ok

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
you'RE going to school to learn, not do what you would normally do at home...

and you obviously are not listening to the teachers if you'RE texting or listening to your Ipod....

So as i see it the teachers are useless, and since you are a senior they probably dont give you much work since it's like your easiest year O_o

when did this rule of not giving a crap about the students in class take effect?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
im taking english 12, pre-cal, computer aps 4, and im taking a college coarse where i have to leave school and drive to a tech school this semester. so far this has been my hardest year yet. and im still mainting A's i have all through high school and ive been at this school since the ninth grade and the rule that we are aloud to listen to our mp3 players and text on our phones has always been inplace.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

what are magnet schools

Magnet schools are publicly funded schools for the gifted. They have very lax rules and College teachers.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
so basically a school for reallky rich people

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

so basically a school for reallky rich people

A school for kids that have good grades, its a public school. Magnet schools have more scholarships and better teachers though. You have to have a 3.7 just to get in the school usually, it has nothing to do with finance.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
why do we give the kids with good grades better teachers and leave the kids who have not so good grades with the not so good teachers. shouldnt it be the other way around.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Magnet Schools are for the kids that have worked really hard throughout there entire school career, they deserve something for there hard work. They are basically guaranteed scholarships.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
they should be given scholarships for their hard work they deserve that but why are we giving smarter kids better teachers?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
We are giving them college level teachers instead of high school level teachers.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The Code of Virginia actually has a law on the books making it a misdemeanor to use a cellphone inside a school building. I remember throwing all the cellphones that were confiscated into a box with a couple of magnets.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join