It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The feeling that Something is watching you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Has anyone had the feeling, late at night, that someone is watching and almost waiting for you to go to sleep? I had the strange feeling that someone was watching me while I lay in bed. The feeling came from the Northwest side of my room where the doorway is. A crucifix recently fell off of my wall in the room adjacent to this doorway during the time I had the feeling something was watching me accompined(sp?) by the feeling of pins and needles all over on occasion. The crucifix has been in my family for a long time and was very old so I didn't give it a second thought but I did bring that crucifix into my bedroom and placed it in the Northwest corner of my room before I went to sleep.

The next morning I felt refreshed and great. I continued to place the crucifix in the place where I routinely had a feeling of someone watching me before I went to sleep. Unfortunately, the feeling that someone was watching me recently came back. It went away for a few days but I'm not very learned in the areas of paranormal activity. Can you explain what the possibilities may be? Thank you for your knowledge ahead of time.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Hi. I think you've come to the right place

I'm sure some more learned members can explain a few logical explanations, but I'll play devils advocate here, and assume this is a paranormal event.

Does your house have any 'history'? as in anything that could be strong enough to create a force or 'ghost'?

Another thing you have to ask yourself is are there any items in your house that relate to the time frame of this feeling? Some people believe certain items can be haunted.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
My house is located near Chicago Heights and was built in the 1920's. It's in an area that had a home that Al Capone used to own. A place he would use to get away from the city. My entire neighborhood is about 25 miles south of Chicago and used to be home to Chicagoans who would use our houses as "Summer Homes."

By the way, the previous owner was a Priest and two Nuns...

[edit on 12-1-2007 by LooseLipsSinkShips]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hmmm, well there may be more to it than logic. Possibly.

Check some of the local library archives if you get the chance and look out for any articles related to your home or area. Find out as much as you can about it's history and you might find something to indicate the cause of the disturbance.

I'm doing the exact same thing for a friend of mine at the moment.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The room I sleep in used to be the Priest's room...

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
i get those feelings sometimes, but it can't be a ghost because its a brand new house in a subdivision, it was the previous Howard Hanna "HQ" ,if you will, and its always something coming from my doorway

i've had a picture of Jesus over the head of my bed and nothing's happened to me or my room

i have a friend who had a ghost in her house, it was a young boy that died in the house i believe. they looked up the history of their house and they found out people used to own the home also experienced paranormal activity. well after a while they started getting freaked out, so they tried talking to the ghost and found out he was friendly. he liked to play with them. my friend would stand at her sink, say "Sherman let's play" and turn the foucet on....few seconds later it would turn off by itself, this went on for ten minutes. other times a baseball or tennis ball would roll down the hallway or bounce down the stairs. i spent the night once and heard a child's laughter at night, but my friend's little brother was in the same room as us. so then we heard "Sherman please.....its too late for play" come from her mother's room, and the laughter stopped. other times he would flick on the lights at night while we were watching scary movies and we would freak, fun times though....i was scared at first but he turned out to be a "casper"

some don't believe me, but i didn't believe in ghosts until this happened. they did move out of that house and they haven't heard from Sherman in years. they know the people that own that house though, and the lady said she would roll a ball down the hallway, and Sherman would roll it back. it was pretty cool. (Believe it if you want)

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
i have no idea if Sherman was his real name or not, she never told me why they called him that

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
There's the other flip of the coin:
Maybe something wanted to draw your attention to the crucifix. Could be a guardian angel. Or a relative? You mentioned the next day you felt good. This is the only reason I say this. Here's my story:

After my Mom died, I had decided to call an older friend of mine who I had had a falling out with. I decided I needed to call him and ask him to forgive what I had done. It was late at night. And I was tired and thought, I'll call him after I turn the lights out and get in bed, and we'll talk til I'm sleepy. So I got under the covers, shut the light off, and dialed his number. I told him I was sorry for what I had done, and he started asking me how I was handling my Mom's death. I told him that I still believe she was with me and that I knew I'd see her again one day so I wasn't so sad. Right when I said that, I heard something make a noise in the corner of my bedroom. I told my friend, "Hold on, I just heard something weird." I put the phone down, but left the light off and lay there waiting for the sound again. It kinda sounded like the person who lived under me (apt.) was opening their sliding door window. But it was too quiet for that, and it was dead cold winter. It was a scraping sound. Short, brief, but distinct. I gave it no other thought. I finished my conversation and fell asleep. The next day after I got home from work, I remembered the noise the night before, so I went into the bedroom to see what was over in that corner. To my shock, I had an old picture that was my Mom's hanging on my bedroom wall that had been there for years......but the crazy thing was, it was tilted to a 45° angle. Completely tilted. This is a corner of my room I never go into and I never touch that picture. It's never moved in years. The noise I heard the night before was the picture being tilted to a 45° angle and scraping the wall. It happened exactly when I mentioned I'd be seeing my Mom again one day talking to my friend the night before. I know it was my Mom giving me a sign, without a doubt.

[edit on 12-1-2007 by rocknroll]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I haven't heard that before, who on earth places posters of jesus on thier wall.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Did it occur to you that you might be watching yourself?

I mean, not to sit on the point or anything - but that kind of activity does usually add a sense of apprehension, kinda like when you're reciting words for a play out loud and making sure you've got it right.

Still, that's not to say that a supernatural force would not be able to deflect your senses back on themselves.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I have felt that only enough times to count it on one hand.

However, I have had out of body experiences, to find out later that the people I saw when I was out of body said they felt like they were being watched.

I couldn't imagine how creepy it would feel to be spied on like that. So I stopped doing it. I go other places now.

top topics

join