It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exxon cuts ties to global warming skeptics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

www.inthefaith.com..." border=0>

Exxon cuts ties to global warming skeptics

Oil major Exxon Mobil Corp. is engaging in industry talks on possible U.S. greenhouse gas emissions regulations and has stopped funding groups skeptical of global warming claims — moves that some say could indicate a change in stance from the long-time foe of limits on heat-trapping gases.

More...

This is an interesting development...

[edit on 12-1-2007 by loam]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'm all for Exxon jumping on the "green" bandwagon, question is what will happen inside growing economies like China and India, which won't do much about the global warming until it's too late...

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Me thinks this is just more sulferous smoke from Exxon's rearend in order to make the company image look better. I'll call it the big kitty fakeover-makeover. The bottom line is still profits before people and this PR cloud doesn't remove the tiger's stripes.

Exxon Mobil reportedly admits PR problem on global warming
MarketWatch
However, Chairman and Chief Executive Rex Tillerson made clear to a select group of Wall Street fund managers and analysts that the oil company wouldn't be changing its position on global warming, it would just try and explain it better, the newspaper says.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
So does this mean they will just be changing how they report their taxes.
Will they be funneling money into something else that will be funneling money into GW skeptics?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I love ExxonMobil and its quest to integrate companies into Standard Oil, which is the way it should be. CO2 emmissions are a joke and is the only path for a pathetic government take over of the oil, energy and chemicals industry which will only impede the growth, clout and number of small companies. This utlimately impedes growth and raises prices through the roof.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
To love a criminal corporation is to become a criminal.

Exxon Mobil - Corporate Crimes

Too much black and white propaganda koolaid is bad for free thinking or liberty.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Lock me up and throw away the key with nothing more than time to grind on through the day cracking the crude to get to the real gold. About 400 degrees in here and the walls caving in, like no other. God damn diesels need their fuel. How are you going to supply that need? Millions of gallons of fuels per day: supply it, make it cheap, on time and do that everyday untill the day you die.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Just like they normally do, minus the conartists, thieves, crooks, adled brain cheerleaders or company chumps that are bent on making a quick buck that burdens the future generations.

Pay now, pay much more later or die off...

top topics

join