It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK's National Health Service 'should treat Muslims differently'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This is the sort of nonsense that raises anger amongst the majority of peace loving Britons;

news.uk.msn.com...

Why should special allowance be made for one minority religious group?

Somehow I can't see a special case for Christians in Saudi Arabia getting quite the same level of tolerance.

P.S. I should add that I am an atheist.

[edit on 12-1-2007 by Englishman_in_Spain]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
What i find amusing is that pic of a Muslim in sugical muslim garb. There is a Hospital in Preston who recently spent 1.5 Million desiging and developing that gown for use of Muslim patients and surgeons!!!

Hell if someone is gonna cut me open with a scalpel i at least wanna see their face before i get knocked out bit too spooky for me.

Cant remember who but someone on Television recently said if you are having to spend some time in Hospital tell them your Muslim. This way you are served 100% fresh Halal meat for dinner instead of the frozen rotten stuff everyone else gets

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If this was rasing anger amongst the majority of Britons it doesn't show. You are trying to claim something here that doesn't exist. They talk about circumcision for both Muslims and Jews. Even non-muslim men and woman sometimes prefer same-sex doctors out of modesty. Women who go to Gynecologists don't always prefer a man looking at their bits and pieces. The same with men. How many men would feel comfy with a female proctologist investigating their poopshoots

Thesaint as far as your being able to "see" who is going to operate on you. No matter who it is you will never see the face of anyone in an operating room as they all are covered by masks and face shields no matter what religion they are. The idea of uncovered faces in an operating theater is ridiculous.

You are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill here

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If someone dies, becaue they refuse to see a doctor of the opposite sex, or refuses surgery because the surgeon wears a traditional surgical gown, or because the hospital serves un-Kosher meals, then so be it.

We don't have the responsiblilty to make sure that adults make the best decisions for themselves.

Isn't 'Jedi' an internationally recognized religion? Hospitals should spend millions more on equiping the nurses with gold bikinis, and the doctors with sabers and dirt brown jedi gowns. They also need to address all patients as 'padawn'.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Strange the article only only gets quotes from what appear to be muslim medical people. And comes from the British Medical Journal.

Do we have any UK doctors who would care to comment.

And finally, this is not what I pay my taxes for!!

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Argh, lets stop trying to please the minority and do the greatest good for the greatest number of people. Im not at all religious, and dont care if a woman operates on my manhood (its her job afterall). I have no problem with people who chose to practice a particular faith but it makes me angry when the minority gets its way over the majority!

Originally posted by nextguyinline

Isn't 'Jedi' an internationally recognized religion?

Not sure about international but it is recognised as ine in the uk ever since the last census

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
To be honnest, the things this man talks about all seem reasonable to me.

Some, as stated in reply's before me, even things I wouldn't mind having.

I actualy prefer a a bud ugly female docter over a male docter, I don't mind having a girl checking the size of my package but don't ever want a guy touching me there.

The ugly part is sort of insurance that I don't poke her in the eye by accident :p

Normaly medicine screening should be done already anyway, for all the people who allergies for certain meds, I am one of these people who can get killed 10 times over by medicines that save peoples lives every second of every day everywhere else.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
What you should be questioning is why the media finds it so easy to manipulate the masses.

The headline for the Sun newspaper (biggest selling paper in Britain) was...

Muslims want an Islamic NHS

Now hold on a minute... As far as i could see it was one mans suggestion!!!

But the headline dumps the blame on Muslims as a whole...

This is just the kind of idiotic sensationalist journalism that is designed to inflame racial tensions... shame on anyone who takes this seriously...

They bombard us with this trash to keep our anger at muslims at peak levels, which helps to justify the # war in Iraq, and to erode what little rights we have left under the blanket of "anti-terror"

All of the Muslims i spoke to in work laughed at the very idea of this.

But then i guess the headline "One man suggests different treatment for Muslims" just doesnt sell as many papers!!!!!!!!

Mod edit: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors

[edit on 13-1-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by undercoverchef

This is just the kind of idiotic sensationalist journalism that is designed to inflame racial tensions... shame on anyone who takes this seriously...

What race is Muslim?

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I work within the NHS, as does my wife.

We see all different races in our areas, and we treat them as individuals.

All I can say about muslims is that they are people who need ytreatment just the same as the rest of us all, and they get no different treatment to the rest of us either.

The NMC Guidelines state that each individual is to be treated with the utmost respect and to be treated as that - an individual.

Believe me, Muslims are the least of your worries within the NHS.

You try treating a bad boy black gangster wanna be on a friday night with gun shot wounds to the thoracic region.. Its bitch this, bitch that,# that,# this... not a single decent word or thought in them. They want it all done now, at the double, 'cause you know what? their taxes pay our wages...yes thats right, their general angle is that their taxes pay our wages! If i had a penny each and every time i heard that from a bad boy wanna be i would be retired with my own billion pound fortune.

Me, i say that if they want a gown that covers them head to toe, fine. Here you go. You know why? because they will say please and thank you. Little gangsta wanna be and his friends don't have a nice word in them. I know who i'd rather be looking out for.

Mod edit: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors

[edit on 13-1-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

What race is Muslim?

Oooooh very clever!!

ok... Anti Muslim (if it makes you feel any better)

But none the less it still encourages racism!!!

Why do you think Hindus where attacked after 9/11 and july 7th???????????

[edit on 13-1-2007 by undercoverchef]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I was just pointing out that Muslim, Christian, Jew, Hindu, Buddhist, are religious affiliations, not races. They have members of every race.
Hindus were attacked, because of people who didn't make distinctions by race/religion. They assumed if you look this way, you must be this religion. That's why I made the distinction.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by undercoverchef
All of the Muslims i spoke to in work laughed at the very idea of this.

But then i guess the headline "One man suggests different treatment for Muslims" just doesnt sell as many papers!!!!!!!!

i would laugh aswell

when my mum had her operation its not like she was botherd about who would be operating and then tend to her was male or female

list goes on

these people give me a headache they jump up and all the sudden they think they can speak for the rest of us.

also i think who ever publishes this cr&p needs to get their head sorted

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GT100FV
What race is Muslim?

there really isnt spesific race since muslims can be asian,white,black,chineese,arabs and so forth

same with jews,hindus and christains and so forth

top topics

join