It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I’m coming clean on Extraterrestrials

page: 72
162
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer

I haven't read the whole entire thread, and was wondering what evidence has been presented.


Yeah..you need to read the entire thread to follow what's going on.
Not only did I read this one, but I read the other 110 page one before I even started this one.

You really can't summarize this into a paragraph.

Hydden




posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydden

You really can't summarize this into a paragraph.

Hydden


Sure you can.

No evidence backing sleeper's claims have been presented, however, multiple inconsistancies in his story and later his blog are either dismissed or routinely explained away.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by HankMcCoy]



posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Sleeper,

I am just curious as to what (if anything) Milton might have told you about religion here on earth. Did they give it to us? What about Jesus?

I am just curious.

Thanks



posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
sleeper, what happens to the souls of those cryogenically frozen, are they simply put on pause or are they infact 'dead' and their soul is relesed to enter a new body?



posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Just so you know.

Sleeper has answered both those questions in previous posts.



posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Ah mybad, I have read most of this thread, must have missed it somewhere down the line. Apologies.



posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeVision
Ah mybad, I have read most of this thread, must have missed it somewhere down the line. Apologies.


Oh don't feel bad Strange - the only reason I know about the cryogenic's question - - is because I asked it.


But I know several questions in various wording have been asked about Religion - God - Souls - Jesus.



posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Haha, the question popped into my head today, thought it would be a cool thing to ask, damn you beating me to it!



posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

Originally posted by Hydden

You really can't summarize this into a paragraph.

Hydden


Sure you can.

No evidence backing sleeper's claims have been presented, however, multiple inconsistancies in his story and later his blog are either dismissed or routinely explained away.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by HankMcCoy]


After reading a lot of this thread today (yes I still need a job!), I would agree with Hank. As someone mentioned earlier, sleeper's blog reads like Hitch-Hikers Guide.
And I haven't seen any evidence. In fact it seems whenever someone asks for it everyone shouts them down, practically saying 'something thats true doesn't need proof'...... well it does.



posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This Proof thing is driving me nuts.

Say you are walking to the store - a man jumps out and holds a gun on you - he takes your money.

No one else sees it - - how do you prove your experience to someone else?

You can't. It is your experience - and your word - - period!



posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
This Proof thing is driving me nuts.



There is a difference between proof and evidence. You are talking about proof, Jack was asking about evidence. Jack's quote about something needing 'proof' was the claim that is made, and yes proof is required in things not dealing with faith.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by HankMcCoy]



posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Say you are walking to the store - a man jumps out and holds a gun on you - he takes your money.

No one else sees it - - how do you prove your experience to someone else?

You can't. It is your experience - and your word - - period!


Let's up the stakes. A woman is raped by a man and no one sees it, how can it be proven as true?

[edit on 2-2-2007 by HankMcCoy]



posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
This Proof thing is driving me nuts.

Say you are walking to the store - a man jumps out and holds a gun on you - he takes your money.

No one else sees it - - how do you prove your experience to someone else?

You can't. It is your experience - and your word - - period!


Well for a start there would be the physical proof. Your money would be gone, your body would be flooded with adrenaline, and your heart would be going a mile aminute.
Secondly there would be forensic proof. Unless he painstakingly removed each note from your hand with tweezers, there's a chance some of his sweat or skin or other body material have rubbed onto you.



Let's up the stakes. A woman is raped by a man and no one sees it, how can it be proven as true?


Once again, forensics. His semen would probably have left traces in her uterus, if it was a violent attack there would be vaginal tearing...

Although these things are small... its still proof! You're relying on someone who is saying "I haven't got any sort of proof, but I experienced it so it must be true."

[edit on 2/2/07 by JackofBlades]



posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades

After reading a lot of this thread today (yes I still need a job!), I would agree with Hank. As someone mentioned earlier, sleeper's blog reads like Hitch-Hikers Guide.
And I haven't seen any evidence. In fact it seems whenever someone asks for it everyone shouts them down, practically saying 'something thats true doesn't need proof'...... well it does.


It does maybe for you....and for Hank...and everyone else who's never had an encounter, but there seem to be enough people interested in what he's saying to relate to it somehow and not NEED your *proof*.

Ever had a out-of-body experience? Prove it.
Ever seen a UFO when you're by yourself with no camera? Prove it.
----even with a camera? Prove it.
Ever seen a ghost when you're alone in a dark house? Prove it.
Ever had a vision? Prove it.

You know, if I ever shared a story like that and that was the response I got, I would say: "F you, you arrogant, ignorant pr***s!" I think Sleeper has the patience of a saint to continue posting for as long as he has.

That's the same mentality that started the Salem witch hunts. Prove you're not a witch. We'll burn you or drown you..and if you live, well then you're a witch and we'll kill you. If you die, well then you weren't a witch...but at least we know now!

People who've had experiences like these don't need proof. They already know, hence the "something that's true doesn't need proof" statement. The people who've never had these encounters (obviously a few of you) will never understand until it happens to them so, this post will probably just wash right over them anyway. But that's ok. Feel sorry for them that they're still in their own dark, little, ignorant world(s).

Mods, feel free to edit my retort if so inclined....I think I kept it pretty civil while making my point.

Hydden



posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
Once again, forensics. His semen would probably have left traces in her uterus, if it was a violent attack there would be vaginal tearing...

Although these things are small... its still proof! You're relying on someone who is saying "I haven't got any sort of proof, but I experienced it so it must be true."

[edit on 2/2/07 by JackofBlades]


Yes, and if the man was captured directly afterward, he would have traces of the woman's DNA on his person from the sexual contact. sleeper has had sexual contact with aliens, so one would LOGICALLY conclude that there would be physical evidence of it, if only right after the event.



posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
Well for a start there would be the physical proof. Your money would be gone, your body would be flooded with adrenaline, and your heart would be going a mile aminute.
Secondly there would be forensic proof. Unless he painstakingly removed each note from your hand with tweezers, there's a chance some of his sweat or skin or other body material have rubbed onto you.


What physical proof? You took the money out and handed it to the guy. He was wearing surgical latex gloves.

Sorry - - but I can't feel your heart beating even a half mile a minute over the internet.

Zero proof.




[edit on 2-2-2007 by Annee]



posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HyddenIt does maybe for you....and for Hank...and everyone else who's never had an encounter, but there seem to be enough people interested in what he's saying to relate to it somehow and not NEED your *proof*.


You are under the impression that I have never had an experience. My insistance for the TRUTH of things is BECAUSE of my experiences. The greater the claims, the greater the need (in my mind) for evidence of these claims.

If people want to create a faith system and ask their oracle questions about the make-up of their world, I couldn't care less. I am not interested in such esoteric insights. There are several areas of questioning that I am interested in that sleeper won't give straight answers to. The best I can do is continue to watch sleeper's answers to questions others post (in good faith) and wait for the answers to my questions to eventually seep out, as the TRUTH always does.



posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
You are under the impression that I have never had an experience. My insistance for the TRUTH of things is BECAUSE of my experiences. The greater the claims, the greater the need (in my mind) for evidence of these claims.


Ok then. What are your experiences?....and please provide unequivocal proof of them to us so that there is no room for disbelief.

Hydden



posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydden
Ok then. What are your experiences?....and please provide unequivocal proof of them to us so that there is no room for disbelief.

Hydden


Here is the difference.

You are asking me to relay the story of my experiences.

No one asked sleeper to relay his story, he is the one that brought it to light. I -know- I can't prove my story, and so I am not going to relay it in this thread. Although, I will -entirely- concede that my experiences could be intrpreted in MANY ways, both mundane and extraordinary.

sleeper won't (or in fairness cant), but the burden of evidence is on sleeper. sleeper has no interest in producing evidence of his claims, so as such, all that can be hoped for is more inconsistencies and more breakdown in his story.


[edit on 2-2-2007 by HankMcCoy]



posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Feel free to respond to my previous post, but I have one better for you.
In your own words...


Hank: The greater the claims, the greater the need (in my mind) for evidence of these claims.


Answer this question then. And remember, you're going to need undeniable proof for your answer because this is a great claim. And either way you answer....yes or no....you should be able to provide proof and evidence of your answer.

You ready?

Do you believe there is a God?

Hydden



new topics

top topics



 
162
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

log in

join