It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m coming clean on Extraterrestrials

page: 203
<< 200  201  202    204  205  206 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
I know that we have many participants here from places like Portugal, Germany, Holland and god knows where who must be struggling with all these big words and contorted ideas, however. Just try reading philosophy in your 2nd language! You do have one don't you?

The international flavor of the readers here is a good point that I definitely am guilty of forgetting from time to time. Thanks for reminding me of that. However, (and there's always an however in life), I'm going to keep writing the way I do simply because I love the variety of words available to me and I love playing around with the language.

So sue me.

Frankly, I can't believe I'm catching grief for using words that may be unusual, or not in everyday use. Remind me again....what is the topic of this thread....aliens?....souls swapped from flesh to flesh?.....jaunts around the universe?.....I guess I really am the odd one here.

I always got a kick out of learning new words. Even more so when I can insert an interesting word into some text or speech I'm delivering. So, here's my tip to help the less wordy of those.......In your Google search box type "define: whatever" and hit the Enter key. Its amazing how many definitions are returned for some words.

So learn to live with it and instead of crying about my choice of verbiage(!! not again!!), find some good way to refute my opinions, theories, or ideas. Which reminds me....recently someone wrote in response to one of my posts...."you can't refute an opinion, only argue it"......Interesting in that, you refute an opinion through argument or evidence. Just another example of inane illogic(!!!groan....whine!!!!).

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
To MRPENNY, I'd like to Thank You for giving me the perfect user name to jump in here with!!!

The instant I saw your username, I felt like a proud papa. Bravo!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

You can check with Sleeper on this but I believe even Milton finds your posts a bit puzzling and edifying!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This thread is turning into a huge argument. If you have nothing constructive to say then bugger off (respectfully). Please don't ruin this thread please MRPENNY, its obvious that you dont agree with anything Sleeper is saying so go elsewhere. Are you deliberately trying to get this locked? Purhaps you are on the wrong website.........

[edit on 12-9-2007 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Sleeper,
You have to do the right thing by not letting people get to you. You are setting the example.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

Originally posted by GeeGee
His message is to be the best person we can be,[...]So even if he is lying about his experience, I just don't see how this can negatively effect anyone.

The irony in what you've written is sublime. Apparently its O.K. to accept dishonesty and lies as long as the message is all sweet and nice? Who exactly is judging right and wrong here?

I don't think he's lying, I believe he truly did experience something. Whether it was aliens and traveling to Uranus, I don't know. His message is nothing that someone shouldn't already know.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenfish
...could he still claim, "I think, therefore I am." or would he have to consider who he was, or even if he existed at all, in those periods of non-thought? Or the periods of when he wasn't reflecting upon himself?

I think that Eckhart Tolle sums this whole issue up rather well in his new book "A new earth"
Instead of summarizing, I will quote a portion from the audio version of the book below in hopes that this will help to get to the point and keep the message clear.

Eckhart Tolle/A New Earth Audiobook (transcribed by myself, "..." means a piece was left out to get to the point, and make shorter for this thread.)
"I think therefore I am" - Descartes
This was the answer he found to the question is there anything I can know with absolute certainty? He realized the fact that he was always thinking was beyond doubt, and so he equated thinking with being...instead of ultimate truth he had found the root of the ego, but he didnt know that.

It took almost 300 years before another philospher saw something in that statement, that Descarte as well as everyone else had overlooked. His name was John Paul Sartre.
He looked at Descartes statement, "I think therefore I am" very deeply and realized in his own words: "The consciousness that says I am is not the consciousness that thinks"

What did he mean by that? When you are aware that you are thinking, that awareness is not part of thinking. It is a different dimension of consciousness...if there were nothing but thought in you, you wouldnt even know you were thinking. You would be like a dreamer that doesnt know hes dreaming. YOu would be as identified with every thought as the dreamer is with every image in the dream. - Eckhart Tolle/A new earth audio book

Hope you enjoyed.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
If you have nothing constructive to say then bugger off (respectfully). Please don't ruin this thread please MRPENNY, its obvious that you dont agree with anything Sleeper is saying so go elsewhere.

Putting the word "respectfully" behind bugger off in no way diminishes the crudeness of the term.

You have not been paying attention. I have very specific instances of disagreement with sleeper. I do not have a blanket disagreement with his entire philosophy. I do think his claims of interstellar travel are complete bunk.

This particular instance is sleeper's claim that many don't know the difference between right and wrong. That could only be true if right and wrong were the same values for everyone. Instead, right and wrong is judged by each person on a continuum and is usually adjusted given the circumstances. Saying someone doesn't know the difference means what?.....they think everything is right?.....or everything is wrong?......or everything is neutral?.....No one, in their right mind, can deny that some acts that you or I may judge to be heinous (aw crap, another 'big' word), is judged to be perfectly fine by some individuals or cultures. Deciding that your personal scale of right and wrong is the only correct one, is a poor view of the world, and opens the door to prejudice, bigotry, and discrimination.

Furthermore, can't this be discussed without my choice of words being the issue? Or do many of you prefer to avoid the issue for some reason?

No idea is valid until it has been critically tested. Why can't the truthfulness of the comments made in this thread be tested? Afraid of the outcome possibly?.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by no_boxes
Sleeper,
You have to do the right thing by not letting people get to you. You are setting the example.

Hi boxes,

Oh heck I don’t let it get to me, I been outside enjoying the fantastic weather we are having in my part of the world. All this week it has been low 80s, and sunny. I can hardly stand to be indoors at my computer when the weather is nice.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
in hopes that this will help to get to the point and keep the message clear.

No offense, but, it didn't work.

Its my opinion that authors like Mr. Tolle intentionally write in a dense, flowery manner in order to hide the fact they have nothing to say. I read the last part of that excerpt several times and can make no real sense of what he's trying to communicate.

If you understand it better than I, please put the last 3 or 4 sentences of the excerpt in terms a layman can understand. Better yet, how about if several of the readers interpret the passage, send it to me and a moderator in a U2U, and I'll publish them in a post simultaneously. This could be hilarious or astonishing; at the very least, entertaining.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
All this week it has been low 80s, and sunny.

Three words; laptop, wireless, front porch.......

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Sleeper- would you like to come clean and give us your opinion on the video of the supposed Grey behind bush?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
Hello Sleeper!

As you can see I am new here. I have been reading this thread for some time. I am normally a very shy person but I felt today was a good day to jump in and tell you how much I appreciate this thread. Thank You for all your time and effort. I'd like to thank a lot of the posters as well as they have been posing questions that have crossed my mind.

Hi Fan,

Thanks for jumping in---
---I’m enthralled that you did---

To MRPENNY, I'd like to Thank You for giving me the perfect user name to jump in here with!!!
Enthralled

And a double thanks for making mrpenny’s day, god knows he doesn’t get all the attentions he most certainly deserves by posting on other threads.

Semantics is very important to him and by golly sleeper’s thread will abide by semantic thingies ---yeah I know another big word---but I trust mrpenny has a dictionary nearby---

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
Hi sleeper,
OK, enough about right and wrong! Could you take off your tinfoil hat and ask Milton a serious question? How are souls formed, where do they originate? Who makes new souls?

I don’t have my tinfoil hat on; Milton has hogged it since yesterday when it came in the mail. And John said we had to share---Milton don’t comprehend “no stinking share”. His exact words.

How are souls formed?---they tell me that there are many kinds of souls, and they are manufactured in different places and by various means. Some souls are created inside the furnaces of stars by upper echelon entities.

Are new souls recycled from old ones?

No, a soul can only be used by one being, and should that being lose it or give it up---its retired. It's possible that the soul--the person, can be reactivated again.

Do 2 older souls get together and form a new baby soul? Tks!

More like a bunch of souls are involved in the process.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by commodore64

Thanks for your input 64---

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kix

Originally posted by kix
Now Sleeper do yuo think this is the case, that those that have higher info are more accountable for their wrongdoings? any info on that?

Hi kix,

It should go without saying that those who know more are by that fact alone more accountable for their actions.

We hold children accountable mostly by their age and maturity level---we are all children at some level of maturity.

And they know what we know and understand---therefore no excuses will do

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hello sleeper!

First of all, I want to say that I am very glad that you exist. This thread is great, I really want to thank you for keeping it up for such a long time. I am sure there is purpose here.

I want to ask you if you heard or read any books by Michael Newton. Books such as Journey of the Souls or Destiny of Souls. What you say here and what is in those books is not very different. He is a master hypnotherapist and by working with his patients he can reach their soul and ask questions directly to it.

As you can imagine, each patient has guides and the anwer to certain questions are blocked by their guides. He never went too far from Earth because any question related to other worlds, besides the soul world, were blocked. However, he did get answers which suggested that there are numerous other planets/dimensions/galaxies/races/worlds, etc.

What is your opinion about his work? In his books he talks a lot about the spiritual world, where souls go. What knowledge do you have about this place?

Now I would like to ask you some questions which are not related to the above.

1. Do planets have a soul or an identity? Are they alive?

2. Is is true that once a civilization reaches a certain point all the members of that world become one? A single consciousness.

3. We were planted here, how exactly? And when?

4. How do you view/see "God"? Or is there a consciousness which looks or is aware of the whole world/universe/infinity?

5. I have a feeling telling me this world will look totally different 50 years from now. I don't mean only technological advancement. I mean the way we perceive the world, understand it. A shift in consciousness if you will. Are changes like this in plan for humanity?

6. Who is in charge of this planet? Who is the real one who governs this world and our governments? Is he/they some ETs? A council of some sorts?

7. There are those laws of the Universe, like the law of attraction/projection, are they real?

8. What is the end purpose of creation? Why did he/it created the soul, universe, time, etc.?

9.What are your feelings about the future? So much hate in the world, wars, etc. Will we really end up with about 500 million people on this Earth, like it is written in the Georgia Guidestones?

That would be it I guess. Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Pericle

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Pericle]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper

Originally posted by MrPenny
And don't bother responding. It will only be another one of your cute aphorisms. Or worse yet, one of your base insults that somehow "wows" your enthralled fans.

You follow my threads lurking for scraps you can bite into and then spit back out again---what’s that about? Are you not “enthralled”, I guess not, more like a stalker?

Do you enjoy stalking or are you trying to save all the people from falling foolishly into my hellish grip of “always do the right thing in every situation”.

There goes one more of my “cute aphorisms”

That should start everyone salivating---

Hello Sleeper.

Thanks for your comments.

Hey, Sleeper, there is no need to get so snotty. Be nice. You should know by now that even your nastiest detractors - still like reading your posts, regardless of what you say or how you say it. Don't be so quick to take offense, and get all defensive on us. Folks wouldn't be here if they didn't like this thread, so you can take some consolation from that, and give us a break. (And I'm not talking about breaking bones.) After all, you should be the one setting the 'fine' example for the rest of us, right?

Thanks again.

[edit on 9/12/2007 by Rudolph_X]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Deciding that your personal scale of right and wrong is the only correct one, is a poor view of the world, and opens the door to prejudice, bigotry, and discrimination.
reply to post by MrPenny

So it should be intuitive that we all must be good little liberals and not be judgemental as this would cause prejudice, bigotry and discrimination and cause disorder in Mrpenny's world. Could it not be that in the end we will be judged by our actions concerning right and wrong? And that our viewpoint either way will not influence how we are judged? And that our judge is not likely to be a liberal?

[edit on 12-9-2007 by plumranch]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

Sleeper,

Thanks for the reply. I thought my name would lighten the mood up just a bit anyway.

You just answered questions about souls that have me a bit confuzzled.

How does a person go about losing thier soul?
How does a person decide to give it up?
Are there people out and about walking around that are souless?

Those scenarios sound frightening to me.

Last but not least, where does the soul go when it is given up or lost?

Thank You.

top topics

<< 200  201  202    204  205  206 >>

join