It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m coming clean on Extraterrestrials

page: 142
<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
Check the definition for "muse".

Interesting that "Milton" is also shorthand for the author John Milton....known for Paradise Lost, and Paradise Regained.

Seeing a pattern?

You have been looking for a pattern for the last two years you should be cross-eyed by now---

I don’t know anything about “John Milton” or “Paradise lost and found”

If you have something to say say it.

[edit on 5-6-2007 by sleeper]

[edit on 6-5-2007 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Hi again Sleeper,

I've got another one for you. If some of us are here to learn something, I'm sure that we won't know that we figured it out until we die, but how do we know that we are on the right track to a one way ticket off this rock? I would say that I've lived a very good life with its ups and downs. I have to say I'm more on the caring and forgiving side. I've always thought of others before myself. Sometimes too much. haha I have even saved someone's life before.

No ones perfect. Everyone can do better some kinda way. The Ole saying, "treat others like you want them to treat you," is what everyone should live by, but unfortunately, it's not like that.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Sleeper, It's amazing that you are stating everything as fact with seriously nothing to back the facts up with. I'm asking an honest question here, do you expect people to believe you on faith alone? I know you said earlier that when you tell people your stories some people just 'know' it to be true, but they don't know it to be true at all, they just simply believe you. Please don't say that you don't care whether people believe you or not, else you wouldn't be here now telling what you tell.

Personally, I read your posts because they inspire my imagination and you seem to have a funny knack of having an answer for almost everything, so I'd not want you to not posts this stuff but at the same time I hope you don't mind me throwing the odd bit of scepticism your way once in a while.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
I don’t know anything about “John Milton” or “Paradise lost and found”

If you have something to say say it and don't be a dingle berry---

Sleeper, I have not been following this thread, so if there's something back there between you two I missed it, but I must say I don't understand your post here, nor how you can get away with calling Mr Penny (whom I do not know) names like dingle berry. People have gotten banned for less than that around here. It's up to Mr Penny to press the alert button here if he wants to take it further. I think he should.

It's a shame you don't know John Milton. If you do not know who John Milton was or Paradise Lost and Paradise Regained, then you will not be able to understand what Mr Penny is saying here. One of the points I've been trying to make lately is that a knowledge of literature can help you understand when history repeats itself. A knowledge of George Adamski and exactly what he said, for example, would help people here understand where you are coming from. If people here HAD read George Adamski, your thread would not be nearly as long as it is. Perhaps your conversations with Milton leave you little time for research in other areas, but I think you could profit from it should you find the time to do so.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyknockers
Why do they constantly need to fiddly with the bodies via abductions? What the hell are they doing? It would seem that ET as the engineer of our containers is quite capable of building something that doesn’t need so much maintenance. To illustrate my point lets take a hypothetical example of Joe Blow.
Joe has a problem with envy and was sent to earth to be taught a few lessons. Along the way Joe picks up a nasty tobacco habit. Unknown to him and because of his habit he is constantly abducted to have tumors and tar removed from his lungs so he doesn’t croak before he has learned the lessons he was sent to earth for.
If Joe is not here to learn how to take better care of his container why not simply turn off the trigger in his mind that has caused his smoking habit instead of sending down a ship pulling him out of his bedroom and ripping his chest open to fix him up yet again, which if I understand correctly he would be fully aware and conscious through the whole procedure only to be later blocked.
I understand that the Joes scenario is probably no where close to a real situation but I hope it illustrates my point. And that is. Why all of the abductions? It seems completely unnecessary and inefficient. Especially anything medically related. I can understand the occasional joy ride to boost moral or gain enlightenment but it would seem these types of encounters are not the norm because they interfere with purpose unless blocked which would also render these abductions pointless. I mean what good is a vacation that you are not allowed to remember?

Hello Tommyknockers.

You ask a lot of whys...

The obvious reason is because most of what Sleeper has been saying is nothing but a great big bunch of flowers. Entertaining flowers, but flowers. Folks who believe anything Sleeper says, as the 'gospel truth', need to have their heads examined. I am amazed by how gullible most folks appear when talking about Sleeper's "beautiful" comments.

admin edit I am losing my patience with the IMMATURE, I don't have the time to keep cleaning up posts. GET A CLUE or MOVE ON.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
If it’s all the same to you Rudy my friend I am quite able to sniff out “bull crap” myself.
I do smell something but it’s not coming from sleepers work.
In the words of John Lear:
“Thank you for your post, and we pray your word is your bond”

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazi176
Hi again Sleeper,

I've got another one for you. If some of us are here to learn something, I'm sure that we won't know that we figured it out until we die, but how do we know that we are on the right track to a one way ticket off this rock?

Those on their way off this rock have achieve peace of mind, have no hate, envy or ego in their soul---

I would say that I've lived a very good life with its ups and downs. I have to say I'm more on the caring and forgiving side. I've always thought of others before myself. Sometimes too much. haha I have even saved someone's life before.

No one can know, and those that think they know are mistaken---my mother is a saint and I’m not the one who said it, everyone who knows her say it---yet she believes she is not worthy of heaven---she is a devote Catholic and nearly goes to church everyday because she believes herself a sinner---yet she has never had a bad word for anyone, she doesn’t even know the meaning of hate, ego, or envy.

No ones perfect. Everyone can do better some kinda way. The Ole saying, "treat others like you want them to treat you," is what everyone should live by, but unfortunately, it's not like that.

We can’t make others that way but we can make ourselves that way---treat others better than you ever expect to be treated in return. Those are the qualities the break the chains from this prison

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corum
Sleeper, It's amazing that you are stating everything as fact with seriously nothing to back the facts up with. I'm asking an honest question here, do you expect people to believe you on faith alone?

I expect nothing

I know you said earlier that when you tell people your stories some people just 'know' it to be true, but they don't know it to be true at all, they just simply believe you.

How do you know that? Not everyone who reads this thread respond with a post---many read it and know---others get a laugh---because this message if one wishes to call it that is not for them.

Please don't say that you don't care whether people believe you or not, else you wouldn't be here now telling what you tell.

I do care otherwise I would not waste my time here

Personally, I read your posts because they inspire my imagination and you seem to have a funny knack of having an answer for almost everything, so I'd not want you to not posts this stuff but at the same time I hope you don't mind me throwing the odd bit of scepticism your way once in a while.

Well, there is no shortage of people throwing stuff at me including childish tantrums like a certain X fellow---

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Sleeper, I have not been following this thread, so if there's something back there between you two I missed it, but I must say I don't understand your post here, nor how you can get away with calling Mr Penny (whom I do not know) names like dingle berry. People have gotten banned for less than that around here. It's up to Mr Penny to press the alert button here if he wants to take it further. I think he should.

MrPenny and I go way back to my first thread, read the final last pages of it if you need a laugh---lol

Granted he has slacked up on me in the last few months and perhaps I over reacted to his comments but it sounded like he was accusing me of being inspired by a book I have never read

It's a shame you don't know John Milton. If you do not know who John Milton was or Paradise Lost and Paradise Regained, then you will not be able to understand what Mr Penny is saying here.

Some other poster did mention John Milton and his book somewhere in this thread, but I don’t have the time to read every book out there, I’m doing good if I can read two or three books a year, I’m not a speed reader and it takes me awhile to get through a book

One of the points I've been trying to make lately is that a knowledge of literature can help you understand when history repeats itself. A knowledge of George Adamski and exactly what he said, for example, would help people here understand where you are coming from.

I have heard of George Adamski and may have one of his books in my collection boxed up somewhere, but I have not read it yet, and may never read it because there are so many other books on my list to read---besides I don’t read books about ET and UFOs because I have first hand knowledge---
--- and what I have heard about some of them books here on ATS they are way off the mark concerning extraterrestrials---

If people here HAD read George Adamski, your thread would not be nearly as long as it is. Perhaps your conversations with Milton leave you little time for research in other areas, but I think you could profit from it should you find the time to do so.

If that is true perhaps you should start a thread about Adamski’s book and take some of the pressure off this thread---seriously---

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

If that is true perhaps you should start a thread about Adamski’s book and take some of the pressure off this thread---seriously---

Ummm.....Okay: Adamski

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

I, and others, are often inspired and enlightened by the printed word. Your prose however, is painful.

And you force yourself to read it because you enjoy pain? I seem to cause pain to many people who don’t get what I write---yet they follow me and my threads for more of what they don’t get and gives them indigestion---I don’t get it---

If you and others are trying to save others from sleeper perhaps the Amigos can create a thread burning section on ATS---Or, and I like this one, go and buy my books and burn them---

I don’t have time to read because I’m always writing, most of what I write remains unpublished and only a fraction of it ends up on threads like this one---whether anyone wants to read my books or not I’m going to publish several, so even if you or others manage to stop my threads my books will be in libraries and bookstores long after I’m off this rock---

[edit on 5-6-2007 by sleeper]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

so even if you or others manage to stop my threads my books will be in libraries and bookstores long after I’m off this rock---

I've said this a thousand times (well not really but you get the metaphor
) and I'll say it AGAIN....

As long as we have members who want to read "sleeper's" writing and sleeper does NOT violate the TAC of this site, sleeper's threads will GO UNFETTERED PERIOD.

All those who have a problem with that are WELCOME to start their own forum and disallow sleeper.

I've cleaned this thread up AGAIN, the follwing includes YOU sleeper (LET ME DEAL with the immature!)...

If you can't see your way CLEAR to post like a gentleman/woman then DON'T POST! MOVE ON!

Springer...

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hey Sleeper any updates on the picture yet? I would like to know your reason and Miltons reason for not takin the picture.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I don’t have time to read because I’m always writing, most of what I write remains unpublished and only a fraction of it ends up on threads like this one---whether anyone wants to read my books or not I’m going to publish several, so even if you or others manage to stop my threads my books will be in libraries and bookstores long after I’m off this rock---

You don't read? Well. Notice my sig. If you do publish I'm sure you'll let us know, but I wouldn't count chickens just yet. You may have to resort to self publishing or a vanity press if a reputable publisher won't take you on out there. Then, assuming all that happens, you'll need to get good enough reviews for libraries to consider purchasing your stuff. (They DO NOT (period) buy vanity books.) As for the longevity of your stuff over time, don't count on it. Your books won't stay in a bookstore unless they sell. If they don't, the cover (of a mass market pb) gets stripped off and sent back to the publisher for credit while the book itself gets trashed. Libraries perform regular 'weeding' of books that do not circulate, giving them to the Friends of the Library for a booksale where the book has a couple of chances to sell for cheap before it is taken to the dump. The books themselves are worthless as 'ex libra' because of all the markings, barcodes, and stamps on them. Average shelf-life of a book is probably about five years in a library. It's going to take more than threads like this one for your words to become immortal, I'm afraid.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

As for the longevity of your stuff over time, don't count on it. Your books won't stay in a bookstore unless they sell. If they don't, the cover (of a mass market pb) gets stripped off and sent back to the publisher for credit while the book itself gets trashed.

Schuyler I just happened to notice this comment and then noticed you have been less than gracious to my friend sleeper.

Regarding your comment above of any book sleeper may or may not write and how long they stay in the store I can assure you that the information contained therein is timeless. So whether or not they get 'stripped off the shelf' makes not one iota of difference in the overall scheme of things.

I get the impression that you have come to this thread specifically to 'bait' sleeper and not to contribute and/or learn anything. This seems to be your modus operendi in most of the threads you participate in.

Let me respectfully suggest you get outside, come to Vegas and go up to the mine with me, get a little physical excercise, breath some fresh mountain air. We'll go riding on the ATV's and I'll take you to some spectacluar native America secret spots. I'll show you 3 very old Spanish arrastras where the Spanish milled and refined their silver and gold. I'll show you some old mines that were active in the late 1800's and remain exactly as they were left. I'll show you where Howard Hughes used to run his herd of cattle down in Twin Springs wash.

Getting up in the morning and looking for a fight to pick is not healthy but it is human. You need to get a grip.

Let me again respectfully suggest that you quit picking on my friend sleeper. Come on over to one of my threads and pick on me.

Picking on sleeper just makes you look bad and God only knows you have had enough of that! Thanks.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Let me respectfully suggest you get outside, come to Vegas and go up to the mine with me, get a little physical excercise, breath some fresh mountain air.

Ahh! John Lear, Just flew in, eh? Nah, I'm just contributing to the discussion and offering my expertise in a field I know well. sleeper can think of it as a fellow writer just offering words of encouragement and pointing a friendly hand in a direction that might work. Actually I just happened by on a day when sleeper was picking on my buddy, Mr Penny, calling him names, and I just couldn't let that happen. Now I'm just suggesting small ways sleeper can change his ways so he doesn't look quite so naive. I'm just trying to stave off his disappointment were he to jump into publishing and find out it's not all it's cracked up to be.

That's the second time you've invited me down, John. I do appreciate it. I've never been on an ATV (though I've owned plenty of motorcycles.) If I can bear to tear myself away from the tall fir trees, salt water vistas, snow-capped mountains, and mild temperatures of the Great Northwest by George I'd do it. I need something to tear myself away from ATS. It's just so darned addictive!

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

jump into publishing and find out it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Just a point of info- sleeper's already a published author. He has more than one book out there and they're not all UFOish.

Just so's ya know.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Ahh! John Lear, Just flew in, eh?

Ahh no. I retired in 2001. I don't even look up in the sky anymore. I refuse to submit myself to the ignomony of a strip search just to save a little time. So I drive everywhere. That way I can smoke my cigars, carry my cigar cutter, my lighter and Leatherman without being charged as a terrorist.

Actually I just happened by on a day when sleeper was picking on my buddy, Mr Penny, calling him names, and I just couldn't let that happen.

Ah! Well theres your problem! Maybe you don't understand that MrPenny deserves to be called names. He is a continual whiner. I have never seen him contribute anything to any thread except to whine about this and whine about that. I'm pretty sure he has spent his life as a military dependant (the "B" word, don't you know), hanging around the BX hoping to get the inside scoop. You can always tell an MB. They grow up reading the Stars and Stripes and listening to their Mom or Pop talk about what went on in the accounting department that day and they think they know everything.

Let me respectfully suggest that you re-evaluate your friendship with MrPenny. On the other hand maybe he could use some fresh air too. Bring him along with you up to the mine. I promise to do whatever it takes to straighten you guys out, give you a better look on life, help you get that chip off of your shoulder, enlighten you. The invitation is always there for both of you.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Who was it said.....

"If you can't say anything nice about someone.......come sit with me."

Ooooh.....I got dissed by John Lear....lucky me. How does text "whine" John?

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Man, I came in here looking for an adult discussion. BOY, was I disappointed. Can we cut the quibbling folks?

top topics

<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join