It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m coming clean on Extraterrestrials

page: 135
<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Rudolph_X,

I can certainly understand why Sleeper would not want to answer... why answer someone who is blatantly ignoring everything he has said in the past, just to put him in bad light? You should pretty much know what the answer would be, taking into consideration all the stuff you've heard from Sleeper in the past.

Obviously I can't answer the question as well as Sleeper, and it may not be correct at all, but to my understanding, and what has been my belief for a long time (as someone who doesn't have religion, just my beliefs); Prayers for the most part, are just a means of bringing comfort to oneself. They usually will not bring the answers or things requested.... but they will make you feel better in 'times of need' (depending on your religion). This is because we are here for specific purposes... perhaps enlightenment, to put is simply. If we got everything we asked for, we would never reach that stage of enlightenment...or the purpose of which we're here for. It may seem very unfair at times, but we knew that before we came here -- and agreed on it.

I also believe that we all have our own sort of 'guides', sort of like Milton, as has been mentioned by Sleeper. These guides can hear/see everything we are thinking, and therefore on rare occasions, may even react to our 'prayers' if they feel necessary. Although 99.9% of us wouldn't even know it, or would dismiss it as luck, miracle or coincidence.

So with this in mind, in my eyes, "prayers" arent really necessary. All that is necessary is to ask, even in your head... just don't expect a straight forward answer. If you look hard enough, maybe you'll notice the change you were looking for -- Then again, maybe it's just a coincidence.

As for comfort in harsh times... just know that anything that happens in which you have no control of, serves a purpose. And as unfair it may seem in this reality, just know that when you're completed with this assignment here, in this reality... you'll be laughing.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar

Originally posted by Rudolph_X

I was just hoping that Milton would teach us how to pray, that Sleeper could get Milton to give us a prayer or two that we could recite in our time of need. Is that too much to ask for?

There is a time for every purpose under heaven. A time to debate science, philosophy, and religion. However, when one is in a foxhole, and the bombs are dropping all around us, we fall back on the religions of our fathers, those we were taught when we were young... and we pray hard, the prayers we were taught and know by heart, and can recite even in our darkest hours. There are times when we don't have the luxury of time to debate... we need the instant gratification that prayers give

Why don't you just use what works for you? Why do you need someone else to tell you a prayer?

Hello Anonymous Avatar.

Thanks for your comment.

My intention was to give Sleeper and Milton the opportunity to shine, as I have always tried to do, by challenging them to rise to the occasion, if they are willing.

Of course, I would also like to hear whatever Sleeper or Milton would have to say on the general topic of prayers as well.

But, I wouldn't want to press too hard for answers, as Sleeper has already given us so much, he is entitled to skip over some questions if he wants, and concentrate on saying the things he wants to say.

By the way, I have been reading your posts with keen interest.

Thanks again.

PS: The first time I tried to make this post, it sort of disappeared, and I thought that it probably went to 'computer heaven', because it did not appear in the thread. This post was my second attempt, but now I see that the first post somehow got hung up in the buffer (which probably means that the posts are being somehow filtered (for unappropriate material), causing the delay. The programmers probably need to work the glitches or bugs out of the filtering system, then things should post more smoothly. I've noticed that other posters seem to be complaining about the same problem. Just thought I'd let you know.

[edit on 5/25/2007 by Rudolph_X]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
Rudolph_X,

I can certainly understand why Sleeper would not want to answer... why answer someone who is blatantly ignoring everything he has said in the past, just to put him in bad light? You should pretty much know what the answer would be, taking into consideration all the stuff you've heard from Sleeper in the past.

Obviously I can't answer the question as well as Sleeper, and it may not be correct at all, but to my understanding, and what has been my belief for a long time (as someone who doesn't have religion, just my beliefs); Prayers for the most part, are just a means of bringing comfort to oneself. They usually will not bring the answers or things requested.... but they will make you feel better in 'times of need' (depending on your religion). This is because we are here for specific purposes... perhaps enlightenment, to put is simply. If we got everything we asked for, we would never reach that stage of enlightenment...or the purpose of which we're here for. It may seem very unfair at times, but we knew that before we came here -- and agreed on it.

I also believe that we all have our own sort of 'guides', sort of like Milton, as has been mentioned by Sleeper. These guides can hear/see everything we are thinking, and therefore on rare occasions, may even react to our 'prayers' if they feel necessary. Although 99.9% of us wouldn't even know it, or would dismiss it as luck, miracle or coincidence.

So with this in mind, in my eyes, "prayers" arent really necessary. All that is necessary is to ask, even in your head... just don't expect a straight forward answer. If you look hard enough, maybe you'll notice the change you were looking for -- Then again, maybe it's just a coincidence.

As for comfort in harsh times... just know that anything that happens in which you have no control of, serves a purpose. And as unfair it may seem in this reality, just know that when you're completed with this assignment here, in this reality... you'll be laughing.

Hello Navieko.

Thanks for your comments.

I really appreciated the tone and content of what you said. It certainly makes a lot of sense. From my readings on this thread I've come to appreciate your posts for the common sense and intelligence you bring to them. Much appreciated.

To tell you the truth, I pretty much already know what Sleeper/Milton would say on the topic of prayers, and can even imagine what kind of prayer Milton would teach us, if he would write one out for us to see. Nevertheless, I still would get a kick out of hearing it straight from the "horses mouth" (no offence intended) in black and white for all posterity to see.

By now you know that I've read all of Sleeper's UFO related threads and blog as well, several times (I skipped over his earlier political posts on other threads.), and I've read all his published books as well. And, I'm waiting like everybody else for his next blog. I like Sleeper, but I like being somewhat confrontational as well. Nobody on Earth is perfect, yet.

About prayers, you said, "They usually will not bring the answers or things requested..." Well, I was hoping Milton would actually be able to give us a prayer that would work! ---lol

Thanks again.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper

Originally posted by mojo4sale
As someone who has worked with handicapped people I hate it when someone uses the term "retard" as a derogatory insult.
It says a lot more about the person using that term than it does about the people he/she is denigrating.

P.S. Handicapped people are not retards---where the heck did you get that idea?

From working with them for a number of years. Mentally handicapped people suffer from retardation. But because of it being used as a derogatory term its correct use has been usurped by narrow minded individuals who use it to insult others.

cambridge.org

Because retarded has sometimes been used as a term of insult, it is now less often used as a specialized term in the care of people with slow mental development.

dictionary.cambridge.org

retard Show phonetics
noun [C] OFFENSIVE
a stupid or mentally slow person:
I'm not playing with him, he's a total retard.

retarded Show phonetics
adjective OFFENSIVE OLD-FASHIONED
having had a slower mental development than other people of the same age:
mentally/emotionally retarded

the retarded plural noun OFFENSIVE OLD-FASHIONED
people with slow development, usually mental development:
The programme offers intermediate care for the mentally retarded.

retardation Show phonetics
noun [U] FORMAL
slow development, or development which is slower than it should be:
Severe iron deficiency can cause developmental delay and growth retardation.

originally posted by sleeperI don’t do politically correct threads, so for those easily offended, or looking for things to be offended by---which is the most likely of the two, please avoid my threads, thank you, and have a nice day

Well your thread is on a public forum, where anyone can read it, and if i see something i dont like i'll comment on it.

And thanks, i have had a nice day.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
It is 134 pages long and I would rather read a summary without the debates.

Find one of Sleeper’s post and click on his name. This will take you to his “profile” page.
Now click on the “posts” link near the top.
Select one of the results from the thread you are interested in.
Choose the link on the far right in the column “In-Thread” “thread post”
This will show you all post in the thread authored by Sleeper and filter out all others.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Mojo for sale,
Just a little FYI, the term Retardation is now being systematically (sp) taken out of the handicaped/special needs field now... probably due to the remarks of "Retard"... which did come from the scientific word..... retardation... We are changing our Center's name from "MRRC" (Mental Retardation Research Center) to IDDRC ( Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Research Center)... I think that due to today's society, the use of 'retard' does not have quite the impact it did say 30 years ago. But it was still enough to make major 'Name' changes.
Sometimes people make 'mistakes' I hope you forgive Sleeper for such a thing.
Peace and Harmony through LOVE

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
It is 134 pages long and I would rather read a summary without the debates.

Actually, there's an even simpler way. In every post at the bottom you see a string of options like "friend" "foe" "u2u". Click the "thread" one and it'll bring up all that member's posts in that thread.

Since sleeper usually quotes from the post he's answering, you'll probably save a lot of time by doing that on this thread.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Rudolph, I hope you did not take a offense or my tone wrong as can often happen when it is only expressed in text. I have always found things like prayer and meditation work differently for different people and usually it is one of things that you have to find what works best for you. How ever I have never heard of anyone studying prayer so much. I am actually interested to hear what you have found in your research and what you have experienced. I am just guessing to say you have had some "interesting" experiences from what you have found.

I am still not keen on all the rules here so if it is sending this thread off subject maybe you can u2u it to me or start a new thread.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
Rudolph, I hope you did not take a offense or my tone wrong as can often happen when it is only expressed in text. I have always found things like prayer and meditation work differently for different people and usually it is one of things that you have to find what works best for you. How ever I have never heard of anyone studying prayer so much. I am actually interested to hear what you have found in your research and what you have experienced. I am just guessing to say you have had some "interesting" experiences from what you have found.

I am still not keen on all the rules here so if it is sending this thread off subject maybe you can u2u it to me or start a new thread.

Hello Anonymous Avatar.

I'm mostly a reader, so I usually don't post much. This thread is supposed to be about Sleepers blog and other related issues, but as long as the conversation is kind and unobtrusive the mods usually don't complain too much. A little off-topic material is sometimes tolerated.

I enjoy following Sleeper's tread, but I try not to get on his nerves much, so it is probably best for me to keep my posts to a bare minimum, as I don't want to disturb the proceedings here.

Lately I've been kind of busy so I barely have time to read the posts as it is.

Thanks again.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hi Sleeper,

I read your blog. I like the way your wrote it. It's quite amazing and eye opening at the same time.

From what I have read, you are relaying this as actual experience? I can see why people are itchin to see the next post.

Is this a common experience? Do you know when you get to go again?

Thanks.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantine70
Mojo for sale,
Just a little FYI, the term Retardation is now being systematically (sp) taken out of the handicaped/special needs field now... probably due to the remarks of "Retard"... which did come from the scientific word..... retardation... We are changing our Center's name from "MRRC" (Mental Retardation Research Center) to IDDRC ( Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Research Center)... I think that due to today's society, the use of 'retard' does not have quite the impact it did say 30 years ago. But it was still enough to make major 'Name' changes.
Sometimes people make 'mistakes' I hope you forgive Sleeper for such a thing.
Peace and Harmony through LOVE

Yeh of course, just burns me when i see those sorts of terms used so loosely as an insult.
Cheers, i'll butt out now.
mojo.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyknockers
On Prayer:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hello Tommyknockers.

Thanks for the links. But, I was looking for Milton to give us some kind of prayer similar to the one Jesus taught the multitudes back in the good old days, when Jesus waked the Earth. Something simple and easy to remember and could be recited quickly if one should find one's selve in a foxhole with bombs exploding all aroung them, sort of prayer.

Thanks again.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hi Rudolph.
Well for ME those 2 links as well as the overall tone of the blog indicates a message that is well beyond fox holes prayer and religion. I don’t know who coined the phrase “there are no atheists in fox-holes.” But to ME it does not mean everyone in a fox-hole is a Christian.
I think the word Help surrounded by a lot of colorful metaphors would be just as effective as anything one could memorize and or chant.
What say you?

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I decided to come clean on UFOs too.

OK, all done.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyknockers
Hi Rudolph.
Well for ME those 2 links as well as the overall tone of the blog indicates a message that is well beyond fox holes prayer and religion. I don’t know who coined the phrase “there are no atheists in fox-holes.” But to ME it does not mean everyone in a fox-hole is a Christian.
I think the word Help surrounded by a lot of colorful metaphors would be just as effective as anything one could memorize and or chant.
What say you?

Hello Tommyknockers.

Well, I know how to say "Help!!!" in 7 different languages. But I somehow suspect that Sleeper/Milton's kind of help is strictly for the soul's long term reincarnational evolution. In other words they kill you now and your soul reincarnates in some distant water world as a sentient octopuss, or whatever, so your soul can try acending the stairway to heaven from the dark depths of the deepest of oceans.

That's not the kind of help I was thinking of. I was thinking of prayers in terms of help for this particuar physical incarnation.

After all, the soul might reincarnate in another millions of various different lifetimes, in all kinds of manifestations and situations before evolving back to Godhead, as they say. That's not what I am worried about now. Those lifetimes, elsewhere and elsewhen, will take care of themselves, if and when they ever come to be.

My present concern is with this particular incarnation, the lives that people are living now, and what sort of prayers could help them. I'm talking about prayers that would help people in the here and now. So that's the kind of prayers I was asking Sleeper/Milton to consider sharing with us. Not just for me, but for everyone concerned. But Sleeper is ignoring my request, probably afraid that Milton's prayer would show what he's really made of.

Like Hemmingway said, "Don't ask for whom the bell tolls. It tolls for you." It tolls for all of us. We'll all have our moment of doubt and fear, and that dark hour approaches us all. But, Sleeper/Milton doesn't seem to be willing to share a simple prayer that would help get us through that.

And, here we thought that Milton was our friend?

Here, I'll ask it again:

Milton, teach us how to pray.

Thanks again.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   

So that's the kind of prayers I was asking Sleeper/Milton to consider sharing with us. Not just for me, but for everyone concerned. But Sleeper is ignoring my request, probably afraid that Milton's prayer would show what he's really made of.

Like Hemmingway said, "Don't ask for whom the bell tolls. It tolls for you." It tolls for all of us. We'll all have our moment of doubt and fear, and that dark hour approaches us all. But, Sleeper/Milton doesn't seem to be willing to share a simple prayer that would help get us through that.

With all due respect Rudolph, your asking the impossible -- and to know why, you have to take a step back and ask the right question...which I tried answering in my last post, although perhaps you didn't quite understand.

It's like asking someone in the middle of the street for an apple, without knowing whether they have an apple -- or eat apples in the first place.
Not the best comparison, I know... But I hope you get the point.

You have to ask yourself the question... Why would Milton have "prayers" in the first place, knowing they are only the creation of our type -- and that they don't serve a purpose? (in the way we think).

I think it's a bit unfair for you to be judging someone and putting them in bad light, over something you're unable -- or unwilling to understand. You've been following Sleeper's threads more than most, which is why it should be likely that you already know the answers, to your most recent questions. It's most likely this reason, that Sleeper see's you as someone just trying to put him in bad light, and therfore will not reply to you.

Unbiased/Neutral confrontation with genuine questions is fine... but I have to admit, you seem to hold a grudge.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko

So that's the kind of prayers I was asking Sleeper/Milton to consider sharing with us. Not just for me, but for everyone concerned. But Sleeper is ignoring my request, probably afraid that Milton's prayer would show what he's really made of.

With all due respect Rudolph, your asking the impossible -- and to know why, you have to take a step back and ask the right question...which I tried answering in my last post, although perhaps you didn't quite understand.

It's like asking someone in the middle of the street for an apple, without knowing whether they have an apple -- or eat apples in the first place.
Not the best comparison, I know... But I hope you get the point.

You have to ask yourself the question... Why would Milton have "prayers" in the first place, knowing they are only the creation of our type -- and that they don't serve a purpose? (in the way we think).

I think it's a bit unfair for you to be judging someone and putting them in bad light, over something you're unable -- or unwilling to understand. You've been following Sleeper's threads more than most, which is why it should be likely that you already know the answers, to your most recent questions. It's most likely this reason, that Sleeper see's you as someone just trying to put him in bad light, and therfore will not reply to you.

Unbiased/Neutral confrontation with genuine questions is fine... but I have to admit, you seem to hold a grudge.

Hello Navieko.

Well, as anyone can plainly see, I've asked a simple question, and Sleeper chooses to ignore it.

If Milton was so 'high and mighty' it would be a simple thing to comply and give us a prayer, or at least explain why prayers are not necessary (as you seem to indicate in your posts).

Sleeper did warn me that he might not answer some of my posts, although he does answer them sometimes, and he did tell me to continue to post my thoughts either way, to share ideas etc. I like Sleeper and most of the other folks who have taken an interest in this thread, so I do not want to be bothersome, so I will leave you in peace and with my blessings to all.

Thanks again.

GEX

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Hi sleeper, you started a very interesting thread, 135 pages already and questions still keep coming, no end in sight. I read few of your posts and I think we might be thinking on the same wavelength, mainly I agree that this is a 'prison' planet, and humans are here for a reason. Specific for each individual.
Well, carry-on you're doing a great job!

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by seanc
Hi Sleeper,

I read your blog. I like the way your wrote it. It's quite amazing and eye opening at the same time.

From what I have read, you are relaying this as actual experience? I can see why people are itchin to see the next post.

Hi seanc,

It’s a real experience but it drives the skeptics nuts when people like me talk about this stuff, that’s why most like me keep it to themselves I presume

Is this a common experience? Do you know when you get to go again?

Thanks.

Some have been very strange and difficult to relay as I did the one in the blog, that’s why the next one isn’t written yet. The rest of the encounters remain mostly blocked except for a few moments at the beginning. There are many people going on similar trips yet so few talk about them---cowards!---lol

There is no rhyme or reason on when they stop by, but they do frequently

top topics

<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join