It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m coming clean on Extraterrestrials

page: 131
<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by angst18
Because even those that "do good" do so for a feeling of accomplishment or to fulfill a need to help. almost every act, however altruistic, is generally motivated by the knowledge that we'll get something back in return, be it a feeling of accomplishment or fulfillment or satisfaction. There really aren't many 'unselfish' acts, the fact that we have complex emotions pretty much guarantees this.

We can’t get away from ultimately serving self and that’s not important because we all come from that base of operations, it's part of the package of software uploaded into our DNA which includes preservation instinct 101. What is important is integrity; if we have that we have everything we need in this world and the next one.

The thing that concerns me is that I'm aware almost every minute of every day that the privileges I take for granted cause others to suffer greatly.

Your privileges hurt no one, unless you use them in a negative way

I spend a bunch of money on my dog. I eat out a lot, I own an ipod and two computers, I collect old Japanese woodblock representations of ghosts and demons. I spend alot of money on things that I don't need to survive, while others don't even have clean water to drink - while their children are dying from dysentery.

How you spend what you earn is your business, we are allowed and pushed to enjoy our lives and the things that make our lives pleasant---material things are not the problem, boasting about our good deeds is.

Millions of people contribute to charities without having to forfeit their lifestyles, if we can lighten the poverty and problems of others that is a good thing, but to impoverish ourselves for the sake of others is counterproductive and helps no one.

I am a perfect example of the average American (other than the fact that I'm aware of my opulence) and it makes me sad, but I don't do anything about it. What does that say about me? About America?

What’s important is what we do individually; the poor and the rich will advance or descend on their own principles, not on the contents of their bellies, wallets, birthright or birth wrong.

[edit on 21-5-2007 by sleeper]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
Hello Again Sleeper,

It's Bert (CareWeMust) again in Chicago, with questions about church.

Hi Bert,

This morning I went to church with the wife and kids like we do most
every Sunday. The Pastor was sermonizing on his favorite subjects
of helping those who are less fortunate and living to one's full personal
potential.

I did the same while my children were growing up to give them a sense of community and love for others.

Why do so many people on this planet get turned off by church?

For several reasons, not all churches or pastors are alike, some are fire and brimstone, those approaches often make people feel bad and that’s counter to what a church or community of people should do to its members---putting the fear of god into people is not correct theology.

What is offensive about the concept of helping your fellow man and living life
to it's fullest in every possible aspect?

Few are offended by the idea of helping others but those ideas sometimes get mixed in with politics and most are offended by politics.

Houses of worship of every denomination are like businesses, to survive and prosper they need to attract more people, and they compete for them. Some use politics, some fire and brimstone, some live bands, and some use intimidation.

And unfortunately as we all know when religions and politics collide as they often do on the world stage they leave a trail of misery in their wake that reaches back thousands of years

Nevertheless, organized religion and other communities of people that come together for the benefit of others provide sound principles and give their members an extended family to indulge in--- and that can be a good thing as long as politics is kept out of the pulpit.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by moderndayHanSolo
Sleeper you mention abductions and how they can be a scared straight tactic.

what about the abductions that have to do with ET needing some food?

ETs don’t need food nor anything else from humans or the earth---it would be like rich people panhandling in third world countries, makes no sense at all

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by pak88
Sleeper is there 1 supreme being that rules over the universe?

I’m going to be politically correct with that answer---lol

For a large portion of humanity there is only one Supreme Being running shotgun over the whole universe---

if not then which entity or entities rule over earth?

There are many entities involved on planet earth, however, none of them rule over it like some kind of monarch. Things don’t work that way in the universe

We must abide by human laws, other than that we are all free agents with exclusive dominion over our destiny.

Our freedom of movement and achievements is totally in our hands alone regardless of our lot in life, we rise and fall like a hot air balloon depending on the ballast---weight of our own egos

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
ETs don’t need food nor anything else from humans or the earth---it would be like rich people panhandling in third world countries, makes no sense at all

It doesn't, does it... then I wonder why the rich people actually do that
How can some one be so miss informed? If begging doesn't get the job done then they simply kill them for what they want

The concepts and words 'delusional obssessive compulsive liar' have definitions.

[edit on 21-5-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Like any of you types aren't diseased, and they swing that way?

***Not #1 in lines of post***

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

It doesn't, does it... then I wonder why the rich people actually do that
How can some one be so miss informed? If begging doesn't get the job done then they simply kill them for what they want

It’s not about rich and poor it’s about hate and envy, which you seem to have plenty of both.

There are good rich people and bad rich people; there are good poor people and bad poor people

But those who hate for whatever reason are all bad

The concepts and words 'delusional obssessive compulsive liar' have definitions.

Perhaps you should seek help for that compulsive behavior of yours, igniting class wars is unbecoming someone claiming to know anything about compassion---

Envy is the lamest excuse in the world to hate---and it’s a scam that has infected humanity even before the bible legend of Cain and Able

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

While humans took bows and accepted awards for their ingenuity, ETs were in the backroom doing most of the work and getting none of the credit. Nothing has changed.

Sleeper,

I am from Holland so my English writing is not so good and I apologize for that.
I study the UFO phenomenon for more than 35 years and I find it very fascinating.
After everything I have reed in books and magazines, listen to interviews, many on mp3 [many from coast to coast AM], seeing on photo, film, video, and surfing on the internet, I am truly convinced that there are quiet a few [57 as said by Clifford Stone] extraterrestrial intelligence, that are visiting us not only recently and today, but also for a very very long time.
This site www.abovetopsecret.com... and your thread “ I’m coming clean on Extraterrestrials” got my attention from Mr. John Lear when he has that fantastic interview with host Mr. George Noory and as second guest Mr. Richard Hoagland - Moon Mining Operations etc - Coast to Coast - Jan 17 2007.
Yesterday I start reading this thread and find it so far [page 7] very interesting.
Soon I will read “A day with an Extraterrestrial“ and post a comment.

My first question [and I have many more] is,
The with ovation accepted awards of where you speak, are they among other things the inventions where also Colonel Philip J. Corso speaks in his groundbreaking book “The Day after Roswell”?

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

It’s not about rich and poor it’s about hate and envy, which you seem to have plenty of both.

Then state that in your original analogical thesis instead of attempting to mold to circumstance to falsely show intellectual superiority. If you truly knew what you were talking about you'd get it correct the first time said. Personal attacks show the hate and envy of the attackers. 'In calling me envious and dwelling in hate, you have shown yours' and now through the previous statement we have both fallen through calling each other hatefull and envious.

There are good rich people and bad rich people; there are good poor people and bad poor people

The bad rich people are only rich through money, any one with an excess of money and keeping it to them selves is a 'bad rich person'. The good poor people are truly rich.

And what of those that purposely spread lies and half truths for the endeavor of wealth?

Perhaps you should seek help for that compulsive behavior of yours, igniting class wars is unbecoming someone claiming to know anything about compassion---

Reverse psychology is petty and unnefective. You iginited the class war, sir. I only responded to it. So what does that say about your compassion? Before speaking to an other about compassion perhaps you should show some. admin edit: Removed false accusations and snide remarks...

Envy is the lamest excuse in the world to hate---and it’s a scam that has infected humanity even before the bible legend of Cain and Able

[edit on 21-5-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

[edit on 5-21-2007 by Springer]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
My first question [and I have many more] is,
The with ovation accepted awards of where you speak, are they among other things the inventions where also Colonel Philip J. Corso speaks in his groundbreaking book “The Day after Roswell”?

Hi visitor,

Corso talks about items taken from the crash site, which were left there to be found by the military, gifts from ET, who then helped the scientists put them into human applications while ET remained behind the scene---

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Hello sleeper, This says a mouthfull right here.... I used to 'stereo' type all rich as being 'bad rich'. I have since learned my leasson.

I also agree 100% about 'egos'. I can see why people 'had' to label you new age (I get the same thing... it is simply 'life' LOL)
Peace and Harmony through LOVE!

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Sleeper,
Thanks for replying to my question about church and why so many
people are turned off by this institution. Now that you mention it,
our pastor does mix politics in from time to time by advising us not
to vote for candidates that are pro-abortion. To me, its common
sense not to murder a child, but in this selfish world, child's rights
can be a low priority with some people. Oh well.. the differences
between people is one of the things that make life interesting and
challenging.

Since you took your children to church when they were younger,
I feel very comfortable continuing this practice with mine. Since
Sunday morning church service is one of the few human events
that deliver internal peace and confidence at the same time, I hope
that my boys will continue their attendance for the rest of their life.
I certainly am. Thanks again Sleeper. -Bert

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   

The bad rich people are only rich through money, any one with an excess of money and keeping it to them selves is a 'bad rich person'. The good poor people are truly rich.

So are you saying that if you work hard (building a business) and make alot of money - you dont deserve it?

and if they have an "excess" amount of money they should give it away -- hmm, to who? you?

And what of those that purposely spread lies and half truths for the endeavor of wealth?

Those people are bad. and so are people less fortunate that spread lies and half truths for the endeavor of making people feel bad for having what they dont have - (envy)

You have the opportunity in this life to have anything you want - (key words) if you work at it. Stop looking at what other people have
and focus more on what you want to attain in your life so that maybe
one day you can give your money away.

Sorry for butting in Sleeper (but i had to
)

Orion_

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by constantine70
Hello sleeper, This says a mouthfull right here.... I used to 'stereo' type all rich as being 'bad rich'. I have since learned my leasson.

I’m glad you bring that up constantine, because it is amazing how many solid “good ” people hide a very dark secret deep inside, which is hate, envy, greed, and ego.

It’s easy to hate those who have more than us but someone is always going to have more than us, even rich people hate those who are richer than them---lol

Everyday average hard working Americans who live pay check to pay check are hated around the world by those who have less than them---there are Billions of people who live in staggering poverty in third world countries, and many of them hate Americans period! Because even poor Americans have it way better than they do.

Here in America those that make twenty-thousand a year hate those that make fifty-thousand a year, those that make fifty-thousand hate those that make one-hundred-thousand and on and on---it seems we all have a reason to hate someone

Most of us who look in the mirror and see a good person often choose to neglect our ugly side, because we can justify our hateful feelings because everyone else hates those dang rich people whoever they are---problem is all of us are richer than someone, and those someone’s hate us

We are not "down" here on earth because we love too much, we are "down" here because we love to hate

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
Sleeper,
Thanks for replying to my question about church and why so many
people are turned off by this institution. Now that you mention it,
our pastor does mix politics in from time to time by advising us not
to vote for candidates that are pro-abortion. To me, its common
sense not to murder a child, but in this selfish world, child's rights
can be a low priority with some people.

We went to a small church and the congregation as well as the pastor was solid good people, they would do anything for you.

But their hate came out whenever the word rich came up, they despised people of wealth and high standing---even though some of them were very wealthy and pillars of the community---made absolutely no sense

The pastor was the most envious and hateful person of all once he got behind the pulpit. He preached about the sins of excess, and mostly about those new houses going up in a new subdivision that cost three-hundred-thousand dollars and shamefully had three car garages---when he was able to do just fine with two---lol

This guy was dead serous and every week we had to endure a similar tirade against bad rich people.

I’m the average middle class American that pretty much lives pay check to pay check and the minister and the others could not understand why I didn’t also despise the rich

I always believed that church was about loving people---all people, not just the members of the church

I tolerated it because my wife and children liked the church and the people, as I did too, but they where oblivious to the politics---as it seems are most.

Since you took your children to church when they were younger,
I feel very comfortable continuing this practice with mine. Since
Sunday morning church service is one of the few human events
that deliver internal peace and confidence at the same time, I hope
that my boys will continue their attendance for the rest of their life.
I certainly am. Thanks again Sleeper. -Bert

Despite the political dogma we continued going to that church for several years because the people were genuinely nice, despite being hateful sinners of the rich---

My wife and I were very fortunate because our children were delightful in everyway which made us the envy of the congregation. So in that respect envy was not a bad thing---

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orion_grey
Sorry for butting in Sleeper (but i had to
)

Orion_

By all means Orion, everything you said is right on the money---:lol---

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Could you define “hate”. I have been doing some soul searching and I am having a hard time pin pointing this emotion. There are a few examples I can think of for me, in the resent past that have stirred up very strong feelings but I don’t know if it’s hate or disgust.
9/11 for me, like many others stirred up strong emotion. At first I thought this was patriotism but later realized I had the same strong feelings of “somebody’s got to pay” when watching the US nuke and kill 100’s of thousands of people in one go.(Hiroshima)
And then just a few weeks ago there was a video clip right here on ATS of a young girl being stoned to death by some religious zealots and I got that same strong teeth grinding anger.
And closer to home, a few years ago my father was eaten alive by cancer he spent the last 4 days of his life in the hospital in what looked like to me, pure agony. I was not upset at the fact that he was dying but I did not understand why it needed to be so agonizing.

[edit on 22-5-2007 by tommyknockers]

Ram

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
hey sleeper.
Does this one look okay?

[edit on 22-5-2007 by Ram]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyknockers
Could you define “hate”. I have been doing some soul searching and I am having a hard time pin pointing this emotion. There are a few examples I can think of for me, in the resent past that have stirred up very strong feelings but I don’t know if it’s hate or disgust.

Hate is a cancer on the soul, but how do we know good hate from bad hate? Obviously there is no good hate yet everyone of us indulge hate on one level or other---so we must believe there is good hate

A clue of bad hate is when it clouds our mind, makes us feel like crap, and we end up kicking the dog, the spouse or the kids. Hate needs a victim and the first victim is the one infested with it and then all those around that infected person.

Many of us don’t let it get that bad or far but many do, hence all the crime going on in this world, and at a neighborhood near you.

9/11 for me, like many others stirred up strong emotion. At first I thought this was patriotism but later realized I had the same strong feelings of “somebody’s got to pay” when watching the US nuke and kill 100’s of thousands of people in one go.(Hiroshima)

War is hell and there always will be war because this planet is filled with people who love to hate, and envy what others have so they take or destroy what they don’t have.---the misery loves company thing

Defending yourself or your country is not hate, it’s a duty. However, many believe fighting for any reason is never justified, and believe they could live under whatever system a new aggressor imposes on them---which is fine, and if they are the majority then that is the way it will be---its been done that way for thousands of years and nothing is going to change.

And then just a few weeks ago there was a video clip right here on ATS of a young girl being stoned to death by some religious zealots and I got that same strong teeth grinding anger.

I chipped a tooth on that one myself, but we must look at the bigger picture---no one escapes from their dirty deeds and some will pay for a long time, perhaps more than one life time for an act they commit in a few minutes.
The victim more than likely never felt any pain regardless that it appeared so, and is now in a much much better place than this prison.

And closer to home, a few years ago my father was eaten alive by cancer he spent the last 4 days of his life in the hospital in what looked like to me, pure agony. I was not upset at the fact that he was dying but I did not understand why it needed to be so agonizing.

It was more agonizing to you and those who loved him, often souls are removed from the body before all the suffering moves in, regardless of how it appears to us.

Why do we need to suffer, for instance when a loved one dies or is hurt? It’s different for everyone and we will only know that answer after we are paroled from earth

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

The connotations of the words like extraterrestrial and UFO are usually incorrect and have little to do with the entities that are visiting earth from far away places or other dimensions.

Hi Sleeper,

It must keep you very busy with answering all those questions.
Nevertheless, it is obvious to me that you are very knowledgeable of this subject.
I thank you for sharing this very important information with us.

The people who think this subject is pure nonsense are in for a very big surprise.

I do not quite understand what you mean by saying that the connotations of the word extraterrestrial are incorrect.
In my understanding [but as I said, my English is not that good], are entities that visiting earth from far away places or other dimensions in fact extraterrestrial, or not from this Earth?
Maybe can you give me an other hint?
You do not speak of time travellers, does that mean that you shutting out that possibility.
I ask you that in relation as said among other things by Larry Warren what happened in the Rendlesham Forrest case in England, or in relation to the case of Dr. Dan Burisch.

There have been abductions—for lack of a better word

What do you find of the word "examination contact" instead of the word abductions?
I must admit that it is not a suggestion from me.

new topics

top topics

<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join