It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Outrageo
Because they use silent gravity/anti gravity drives for propulsion systems.
Originally posted by Gazrok
We have methods of sound suppression for our stealths, so it stands to reason they could do likewise. In addition, we don't hear ever plane overhead, so same reasons could apply.
Crudely stated, the limitations that concern us are:
No object travels faster than light (the Einstein speed limit).
No object can be made to move without forcing some other object to move in the opposite direction (Newton's 3rd law of motion).
No object can move through the atmosphere at bullet-like speeds without creating a sonic boom (a direct consequence of the Doppler effect).
Gravity pulls; it can't be made to push.
Complex living beings don't survive instantaneous accelerations from a standing start to thousands of miles per hour, nor do they survive instantaneous sharp turns at those speeds (direct consequences of inertia).
Originally posted by Drexon
If all the noise takes place inside the bubble then there's no way the noise can escape that bubble.
Originally posted by Incognito C
The UFOs use anti-gravity propulsion which has no moving parts. Most likely a version of zero point energy using the zero mass principle.
The Doppler effect, named after Christian Doppler, is the apparent change in frequency and wavelength of a wave that is perceived by an observer moving relative to the source of the waves. For waves, such as sound waves, that propagate in a wave medium, the velocity of the observer and the source are reckoned relative to the medium in which the waves are transmitted.
Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Extra-terrestrial explanations get more and more convoluted in order to explain "bending the laws of physics," and the fact that newer research points in the direction that statistically, we are in all probability alone among intelligent life in the Universe.
(Drake and Sagan's computations in the 1960's were based on a poor understanding of the suns that produce safe levels of radiation, and the probabilities of a planet being stable for the billions of years needed for life to evolve.)
While "ET's" may in fact be the explanation for UFO's, consider the evidence we have:
1) contact only with isolated humans, never with heads of governments, etc.
2) Redundant technology: Why do aliens need to probe with a needle, and draw blood? They should be looking for stem cells, not blood cells. (unless they don't want the blood for scientific reasons, but for ritualistic ones . . .)
4) The fact that alien craft defy laws of matter in our world. Sudden decelerations from thousands of miles an hour to a dead stop would, aside from crushing the occupants of a UFO, cause a sonic boom from the downdraft of compressed air. Yet witness rarely report this.
5) Anti-gravity effects, the usual explanation for UFO propulsion, would be completely useless in intersteller space---with no gravity to push against, (nothing to "anti") antigrav drives are useless. Thus, if a UFO is antigrav, then by definition, it is designed to manuvuer in a planetary gravity field---NOT IN SPACE!
6) The usually shape, a flying disc, is highly innefficient...