It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governor of Idao Want's to Kill all but 100 of States Grey Wolves, As Soon as They come Off The Fed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

BOISE, Idaho - Idaho's governor said Thursday he will support public hunts to kill all but 100 of the state's gray wolves after the federal government strips them of protection under the Endangered Species Act.

Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter told The Associated Press that he wants hunters to kill about 550 gray wolves. That would leave about 100 wolves, or 10 packs, according to a population estimate by state wildlife officials.
The 100 surviving wolves would be the minimum before the animals could again be considered endangered.

Otter complained that wolves are rapidly killing elk and other animals essential to Idaho's multimillion-dollar hunting industry. The hunters, many wearing camouflage clothing and blaze-orange caps, applauded wildly during his comments.

Wolves were reintroduced to the northern Rocky Mountains a decade ago after being hunted to near-extinction. More than 1,200 now live in the region.

SOURCE:
news.Yahoo.com

After reading this, well, let's just say I'd like him to have an 'accident'.

This man has got to be onje of the stupidest and vilest people in gov-
ernment, I mean considering these wolves are only just now going to
be coming off the endangered species list, and he wants to kill so
many that they would be just above the endangered line again.

And for what reason, because it ruins his hunting season.
I'm sorry, but that's not a good reason.

In my opinion, hunting should be illegal, unless you're lost in the
woods and need to to survive.

Comments, Opinions?

new topics

join