It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tears of a President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This was during a ceremony in honor of Cpl Jason Dunham
who was given the Medal of Honor for his actions in Iraq.

Only now is Bush showing signs of being a human ?

I hope the sorrow of every mother and father who lost
a child from this illegal war comes back to haunt Bush
for his remaining days.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I hate to be thhis way, but...

Nothing like a photo op and a tear. Talk about trying to humanize him.

Sorry, it just doesnt cut it.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

You need to take your disrespect and politics elsewhere tempe.

This man who died is a true hero and deserves respect, not having a thread that honors him torn down by petty political bickering.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It reminds me of the indian that sheds a single tear when you litter in movies, looks kinda fake. Not saying one way or the other, but it just doesn't look sincere to me...

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The DEAD person deserves respect and he certainly has mine. I was refering to "our president".

Those are crocodile tears and nothing more than an oportunity of a photo-op.

In my opinion, of course.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
This man who died is a true hero and deserves respect, not having a thread that honors him torn down by petty political bickering.

Did you read the opening post? It has nothing to do with disrespecting a fallen soldier, but pointing out the man who sent him to his death is a fraud....

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   

But it's OK to de-humanize him...Isn't that right DG?

God only knows what his reasoning is. I half expect him to wear the /////
Hitler moustache anyway.

A robot with no soul. Brings to mind the robot from Ray Bradberry's episode in Twighlight Zone. I Trip the Electric something or other.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
He doesnt need me to de-humanize him. He does a good job at it all by himself.

Keep adoring and worshiping. For those of you who care so much, and have such regard for the president and the troops, i would think you would want them to COME HOME as i do so they do not get hit with a nuke while in the Middle East.
Now i guess anyone siding with me is the person who truly cares. If i didnt care i would want them to go to war...right? Hell, fight for me.
Well, i truly care.
I dont want anyone in harms way FOR ME.
I want the troops to come home and leave Bush's WAR behind, so they can enjoy life and be with their families.

So, you see, his tears DO NOT IMPRESS ME. Not one iota.

If he REALLY is crying, they should be from a momentary realization that he's done this without rhyme or reason. A truly unecessary war.
"Bush's War"

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Well, Bush has admitted that any mistakes made have been his... I don't agree with most of the decisions Bush makes, but I am not going to claim that the man is insincere in his sadness.. I just won't.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriot36

I hope the sorrow of every mother and father who lost
for his remaining days.

news.yahoo.com...

Well, while I can understand your point of view,and I can also tell you that if Bush has a conscience at all, I am sure that it will. To "hope" that anyone suffers for any reason is rather deplorable. But,hey, do as thou wilt.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Tears run from the eyes of U.S. President George W. Bush during a ceremony in honor of Medal of Honor winner Marine Cpl. Jason Dunham in the East room of the White House in Washington, January 11, 2007. Cpl. Dunham was killed when he jumped on a grenade to save fellow members of his Marine patrol while serving in Iraq. REUTERS/Jim Bourg (UNITED STATES)

Every time I see this I am reminded just how clueless, and poorly educated the press at large is (these people are supposed to be informing us?). It may seem like a small deal to some, but as I know a Congressional Medal Of Honor RECPIENT; it is someone who has been AWARDED it (accepted by the recipient or in the case of a posthumous award, a family member). This may seem like semantics, but it's a small detail like that, which reminds me how incompetent the press is.

www.cmohs.org...

That's odd, no "winners" there...

[edit on 12/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Let's assume he is human with human emotions. He says any mistakes that were made belong to him. Why, for so long, did he insist that he knew what he was doing (along with all his cronies) and that things were moving along in a positive direction? Despite the fact that other world leaders, generals and politicians disagreed vehemntly. And now... all of a sudden... mistakes were made.

Plenty of well-heeled people argued agressively against the war BEFORE it started. The fact is, there are certain things that you simply do not attempt unless you are absolutely sure you know what you are doing BEFORE you start. Flying a plane, defusing a bomb, brain surgery come to mind as examples. As does starting a war. GWB was arrogant, pig-headed and ignorant in his approach to the war. He deserves no sympathy. As CIC he is 100% accountable for his actions. There is no room for error when starting a war that ends the live of hundreds of thousands of people. End of story.

Cpl. Dunham is a true, bona fide hero. God bless him and his family. That kind of courage and valor is an amazingly rare commodity in this day and age. Or ever for that matter. If only his President had had one scintilla of it.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
There is no greater love than a man who laid down his life for his brother.

Semper Fi means some thing to these men and women, and they will fight to the death for each other, and lay down their lives if it means that others may live... His medal of honour is richly deserved. may he rest in peace.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
"Well they're some sad things known to man
But ain't too much sadder than
The tears of a clown when there's (MEDIA) around"

- Smokey Robinson, Tears Of A Clown
(edited by moi)

The title of this thread should have been "Crocodiles do it too!"

[edit on 12-1-2007 by lee anoma]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Now onto that picture.

In my line of work i deal every day with the dying and those who love them.. and when I saw this picture I just had to post this comment.

This man, president Bush, has some thing deep and seriouse he wants to say, but cannot because he fears some thing. I have seen this look in the eyes of the dying who are carrying a terrible burden, and want desperately to tell some one, but for reasons only they know, cannot.

This tear may or may not be for the MoH recipient, but he cannot hide the look in his eyes. This man is hurting real, real bad deep inside, and has no one he can tell what pains him.

I'm actually stunned by that picture - A man who about I enjoy throwing barbed comments around, a man who i loathe totaly, a man who I think is a war criminal - i now see him as lost, confused, hurting deeply, and carrying a terrible terrible secret.

The question is, will he ever stand on that podium and spill it before he dies? or will this be a secret taken to the grave?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I really admire those of you who see "hurt" or "compassion" in this man.
I just cant see it.
As far as saying he's to take the blame, he was advised to do it, he must have agreed and the writer of the speech worked it in. In any case, i will give him credit that it came from his heart.
One would hope it did, but to what effect? Only to ask for more troops to put in harms way?
Something is wrong with this contradiction,imo.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
Now onto that picture.

In my line of work i deal every day with the dying and those who love them.. and when I saw this picture I just had to post this comment.

This man, president Bush, has some thing deep and seriouse he wants to say, but cannot because he fears some thing. I have seen this look in the eyes of the dying who are carrying a terrible burden, and want desperately to tell some one, but for reasons only they know, cannot.

This tear may or may not be for the MoH recipient, but he cannot hide the look in his eyes. This man is hurting real, real bad deep inside, and has no one he can tell what pains him.

I'm actually stunned by that picture - A man who about I enjoy throwing barbed comments around, a man who i loathe totaly, a man who I think is a war criminal - i now see him as lost, confused, hurting deeply, and carrying a terrible terrible secret.

The question is, will he ever stand on that podium and spill it before he dies? or will this be a secret taken to the grave?

Dark, you are right. I see despair there. I do. Regardless of whether anyone else sees it, it's there. Like I said, I don't agree with much that he does, but I am not going to say that the man is totally insincere because I don't think that he is.

Those look like real tears to me. What tells me that? Look at his eyes and face, they are showing true signs of emotion.. The guy is either sorry for something that he has done, or been ordered to do. Or, perhaps he knows something that the rest of us don't. I think the constant derision of the man is deplorable. Is he the worst president in history? Well, I'll let history be the judge of that. Given the state of the world currently, I can't say that anyone else who has ran against Bush could have done any better...

[edit on 12-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It looks like he's faking it; he doesn't even look that sad.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

He doesnt need me to de-humanize him. He does a good job at it all by himself.

Keep adoring and worshiping.

I don't worship or adore George Bush. IMO he is an inarticualate leader with the right ideas in general, but poorly served by his personal traits of loyalty and stuborness.

Why must dislike for him, and disagreement with his policies lead to the conlusions that he is evil, manipultaed by NWO powers, intent on sacrificing US and Iraqi blood for his own personal gain or perverted pleasure, that he is intent on becoming a dictator, that he lies at every turn, etc.

Obviously not all of these positions are yours DG, some of them are, some are those of others we see stated every day here at ATS.

Maybe just maybe, he is a human after all, albeit with poor management abilities, decision making skills, etc.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yea, he has pissed a lot of people off, and for good reason. He makes choices that we dont all agree on, but keep in mind we dont know the full reason he is making those choices. You can go on and on with conspiracy theories about him. Heck, I even agree with some of them. But to go so far as to say things like

originally posted by Patriot36 I hope the sorrow of every mother and father who lost
for his remaining days.

and

originally posted by dgtempe Nothing like a photo op and a tear. Talk about trying to humanize him.

I mean, come on. Major lack of class guys.

Disrespecting a man because he showed emotion is hitting way below the belt.

Probably the lowest thread I have read yet.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join