It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey! My second U.F.O. photograph!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Hi, again.

This is starting to get a bit frequent now, I don’t know if any of you remember the post that I wrote back in September 2006 titled; Wow! My first UFO photograph! (Click here for LINK) regarding an unidentified object that I inadvertently photographed in Cornwall UK on bank holiday Monday in late August 2006.

Well since this time I have purchased a new Kodak P880 8mp digital camera and continued to shoot hundreds of pictures around the UK as I like to be a bit artistic in my spare time, anyway to the point; I seem to have had a similar piece of luck with my new camera whilst in Spain on the 26th December 2006.

The day before my family was due to come home to England I decided that I wanted to take a picture of the sunset, so I walked to the beach at Artola and looked west along the coast towards Gibraltar, only to find that a big dark cloud was obscuring the sun.

I decided that I would try and get a few shots of the cloud anyway with the sun rays streaming down in the hope that I would at least have a half decent memory to take home, so I proceeded to snap eleven shots in sequence praying to my self that at least one would look ok.

I was looking through the photo’s last night and I realised that the foremost three out of the last four pictures I took were showing this storm cloud and sun rays quite well and all in pretty much the same area and all taken between 17:39 and 17:40 (assuming less than 60seconds), so I clicked through them several times to find the best one and decided on the middle shot.

As I sat and stared at the picture I suddenly realised that there was some sort of anomaly in front of the far right hand side of the cloud above the silhouette of the random people walking along the beach, so I zoomed in to have a closer look.

At first I thought that it was just a hole in the cloud but it looks like it is a perfect circle and the cloud must be a few miles thick at the very least and also there is no changes in the clouds shape in the photo’s either side to warrant the clouds opening or closing a hole, I have also discounted a drop of rain as it definately was not raining and the sky above and behind me was beautiful and blue, and raindrops sit on a camera lens for longer than a few seconds.

And on further inspection and due to the objects pixel decrease as I zoom in (which is quite clear up to a fairly distant point) I realized that’s the object seems to be a fair distance away and appears to be in front of the cloud.

Now this is, as I said the second time I have captured an object without even realizing and seeing it with my own eye’s that I cant explain, and I wanted to share it here again with my friends in the ATS community to get your opinions.

I will post the images below resized so they will fit on the page and I will also post links to the original RAW format files so that if anyone wants to try and work this one out you may feel free to use the best quality untampered and original shots.

I can also post the seven previous photographs, and the final one photograph on request, although these are in the same general direction they are not in exactly the same area but might help a little.

Pic one of three
This one shows nothing in the area although a professional thorough sweep might find something:

Pic two of three
This one shows the object (I have circled it for easy viewing)

Pic three of three
Again this one shows nothing, and I would like to point out again that these photographs were taken within one minute, I can email the originals with all the properties and time and date stamps if anyone needs these.

This is a zoom of the object

Further zoom

Further zoom

This final image has added contrast and brightness to try and identify the object a little easier.

Here are the links to the original images, and as I said they are RAW format and I can email them if needed.

Photograph 01

Photograph 02 (with object)

Photograph 03

I am more than happy to answer any questions if anyone needs more information.

Good luck my ATS friends.
Regards xS_Gx

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
That looks like the moon shinning through the clouds.

Roper

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Considering the exsisting material for investigation it could be either a reflection in the lens or a drop of water/moisture.

Buy a video camera next time!

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
That looks like the moon shinning through the clouds.

Roper

No my friend, if the sun is also behind the clouds and cant shine through, the moon would have absolutely no chance.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
Considering the exsisting material for investigation it could be either a reflection in the lens or a drop of water/moisture.

Buy a video camera next time!

Yes it could possibly be a reflection but it does seem to have some depth and distance, and I have already dismissed water/moisture because the phenomenon is not in either of the pictures taken either side just seconds apart and I believe that water/moisture would not apear and evaporate in such a short period of time.

I am struggling to see what your point is regarding the video camera, I am a photographer why would I buy a video camera?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
A recording of a moving object usually holds more substance than a photograph when it comes to UFO-observation. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx
This is starting to get a bit frequent now

If you clean off the lens more often, it'll probably cease

Seriously, it looks like a speck of dust or water that happened to catch and distort the light, causing this effect.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Hurts

This is starting to get a bit frequent now

If you clean off the lens more often, it'll probably cease

Seriously, it looks like a speck of dust or water that happened to catch and distort the light, causing this effect.

Possibility of an 'airbourne' speck of dust I suppose, as my lens is cleaned before every shoot and the object is not on the pictures either side of this one in the sequence.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards xSMOKING_GUNx

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
A recording of a moving object usually holds more substance than a photograph when it comes to UFO-observation. Just a thought.

Ok I see your point, but I have no intention of being a UFO hunter and I would have no chance of convincing my other half to let me even if i wanted to lol.

This object was captured purely by chance.

Dae

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
xS_Gx

Lovely photos there! Thank you for the effort in explaining everything, I know its quite exciting to find something like this and you want to share it with ATS, cheers!

It could be moisture or dust creating the 'orb' effect, or not, its hard really to get any conclusion from pictures like these. It is intriguing that the orb is near that group of people though!

Keep up the good work and post all your suspect photos

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dae
xS_Gx

It is intriguing that the orb is near that group of people though!

Good point I never thought about that fact, thanks for your kind encouragement and input.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dae
xS_Gx

It could be moisture or dust creating the 'orb' effect

Can someone enlighten me on experiences with orb's?

I thought they were some sort of spiritual beings, but I am not realy a paranormal person.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Wow these UFO posts are just getting dumber and dumber, it looks like a smudge on the glass. It practically be a piece of dust that just fell past the camera right when you took the picture.

Its so insignificant I wouldn't have noticed it.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dae
xS_Gx

It could be moisture or dust creating the 'orb' effect

Can someone enlighten me on experiences with orb's?

I thought they were some sort of spiritual beings, but I am not realy a paranormal person.

I'v seen countless orb pictures, some could be explained by light diffusing on dust, some couldn't be explained. But you can really see when it's light diffusing on dust and when it isn't. The orb you are seeing here is too far and with too few details to be able to judge unfortunately. So can't say really what it is.

If you get to picture an orb very closely, you will see the internal structure of it very clearly, leaving no doubt.

Thanks for sharing, good luck in your Orb hunting

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Wow these UFO posts are just getting dumber and dumber, it looks like a smudge on the glass. It practically be a piece of dust that just fell past the camera right when you took the picture.

Hey, I am not dumb and there is no need for insults, This simply is an unidentified object, I have not tried to say this is an alien spacecraft, UAV or an orb in fact I have not once implied what I think this object is at all, I was simply asking for ideas, the dust idea has already been raised and I have accepted that as a possibility because I am open minded like most other people here, there is no room here for people who just want to trash a thread.

There are enough inteligent people out there that can have an open discusion, and shed light on all these different anomaly's, whether they are physicaly real or not.

Please can everyone refrain from posting if you are just going to insult, or if you do not find this thread inspires you.

Thank you to those who have been constructive.

Regards xS_Gx

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tock

I'v seen countless orb pictures, some could be explained by light diffusing on dust, some couldn't be explained. But you can really see when it's light diffusing on dust and when it isn't. The orb you are seeing here is too far and with too few details to be able to judge unfortunately. So can't say really what it is.

If you get to picture an orb very closely, you will see the internal structure of it very clearly, leaving no doubt.

Thank you tock, and thank you for your input, if it was possibly an orb it would presumably be a fair distance away making it quite large.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hi mate, I live in Cornwall and over the last summer i've seen a couple of strange objects in the sky. One time what I can only describe as a big star that was low and didn't move whilst I was in the car, this was a very strange object the only thing I thought it might be is a bright reflection of a plane but it just stayed in the same position. Another time working in a cafe in Newquay I seen a similar object like you've posted I wish I had bought my camera with me, nice photo's mate.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Great photo!
I saw one not too unlike the one you are showing in this photo last summer while laying out in the sun on my balcony. It was hovering/floating over the coastline area of the lake way up there in the sky. It was only up there for a very short time and I'm glad I didn't run back into my apartment to grab my cam because it would have been gone by the time I got back to the balcony to photograph it. The one I saw was like a large semi-transparent opalescent bubble .. it was very beautiful. And like yours, it was reflecting light off the sun.

[edit on 12-1-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tock

Thank you tock, and thank you for your input, if it was possibly an orb it would presumably be a fair distance away making it quite large.

I would add this. Some CSETI members would sometimes take 2 pictures in a row. And orb would show up on the last picture but not on the first?

Or sometimes, the orb isn't visible naked eye, but will show up on camera.
I find this the strangest.

I'v also seen spherical and non spherical orbs in Mt. Shasta and of Various colors, amber, red, white and white-blueish...

It's a very fascinating phenomenon.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen

If you are not interested in participating in the conversation. Why not just move on and post somewhere else? You brought absolutely nothing to this discussion. Nothing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join