It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Good News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The bible tells us to spread the Good News. Do you guys (Christians) actively tell others about Jesus? Why or why not? And if so, how and how often?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
well, i'm not a christian
but, i can tell you about christians trying to "spread the good news"
you wouldn't believe how many proselytizers come after me when they find out i'm an atheist

honestly, it makes me sad that someone who calls atheism arrogant would do what i see as the most arrogant thing of all: convert others

people tell me that my belief in no god is arrogant, but is that any more arrogant than someone saying that they are so sure that out of the dozens of religions and hundreds of sects that their religion is the right one?

[edit on 1/12/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Madness tell them that they are not supposed to judge any soul, or they will be judged the harder.

whoever doesnt love their eneimies God will not love them. I consider you madness my enemy, but I still care for youe soul. If you only had a clue of Gods love for you.

Now, I myself do not tell anybody about the faith unless they ask, or unless I percieve they still are innocent and will actually listen.

They best thing to do is not go around with a banner of your own ritiousness because if you do that soon you will find out how wretched you are before God and unworthy sinner.

silence and prayer I believe are the best methods. There is a time to talk like a gentlemen on this board said, and theres a time to pray and not talk.

People are hardened and turned off by un humble Christians. also I think atheist need to understand that if someone tries to convert them they are doing it out of sincere concern for your welfare and not just to tell you convert or die.

But in the end people will choose for them selves and all we can do I guess is pray to Jesus for mercy for their souls.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Yes, we must preach the Good News,

Jesus has commanded us to do it.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It makes me sad that you could perceive something that is done (or supposed to be done) out of love as arrogant.

And, no, it is not arrogant to be certain that Christ is the only way. The truth is the truth. Arrogance has nothing to do with it.

top topics

join