It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cryokinesis if it exists?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I'm a very logical person. I approach things scientifically, but this I dunno about.

How?
I can lower my body temperature to the point where others can't touch me, just too cold. How low can I go without causing internal damage? Also how does this happen? I assume I am doing something to the hypothalamus?

[edit on 11-1-2007 by frozendark]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Interesting.

So you haven't had any training what so ever, yet you can lower your body temperature?

I've been doing a lot of reading on mental 'powers' recently, and it seems like you aren't the only one in the situation.

Psipog.net

Check that link out, and read through some of the writings in the articles section.

Fire and Ice
This article in particular talks about pyrokenesis and cryokenesis.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Yea I've read those articles. It's hard to explain it's like an ice current. Kindof like if you might get a chill when you think there's an insect on you. It's like chilling yourself down. You can manipulate this current at will.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I can usually cool myself off or heat myself up. I have never gone far with it though. I'm always afraid I'm going to start something on fire or spontaneously combust or something. Don't get me wrong, it's just a way I use to get a little warmer in a cold room or cooler in a hot room. So, what I'm saying is I don't think my way is pyrokenesis or cryokenesis in any way. It's just kinda like thinking of the heat waves comming off the body and trying to control it a bit.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Well what generates the ice currents in my body is almost like a muscle.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Almost like a muscle? How did you jump from the Hypothalamus to a muscle system? They are completely unrelated. Cooling oneself down to the point of another being unable to touch you. Review my posts, I am generally a very open mind in Paranormal and also in my opinion, given to have some small level of respect in this area regarding ATS.

From a Scientific standpoint if someone could feel your epidermal temperature at a level where they are unable to touch you....your core temperature would be at a level where your EKG would be flat-lined. I don't care what you study, much less instinctual knowledge, this isn't X-Men Iceman. The human body/ mind is capable of things beyond anything we can imagine, or that science can currently explain; however this is unequivocally, bunk.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
you'd die, fast.

also, you'd have to be able to control your body at the molecular level to reduce yourself below room temperature.

and what's more, just so you know, there's no such thing as cold, at least not from an empirical standpoint. there's only less heat.

new topics

top topics

join