It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Files For Republican Presidential Run...

page: 1

join
share:
df1

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

HOUSTON -- Ron Paul, the iconoclastic nine-term congressman from southeast Texas, took the first step Thursday toward launching a second presidential bid in 2008, this time as a Republican.

Paul filed incorporation papers in Texas on Thursday to create a presidential exploratory committee that allows him and his supporters to collect money on behalf of his bid. This will be Paul's second try for the White House; he was the Libertarian nominee for president in 1988.
KRISTV

Paul would give the Republicans a legitimate antiwar candidate that is able to match up to the most ardent 'dove' the Democrats have to offer on foreign policy issues. Unlike the current swarm of Republicans abandoning the sinking ship, he has been an opponent of the Iraq invasion/occupation from the start.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I think he could be the president this country needs but it won't be an easy campaign. He will need the young vote and will have to get as much funding as possible in order to have a chance.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The "good'ol boys" in the Republican party won't support him. The News Media won't give him a chance.

Roper

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I agree that the Republican party would never support his candidacy. He would be the Howard Dean of that race.

However, I think Ron Paul is one of the finest and most credible Republicans out there. I would totally support him and vote for him to be president.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
However, I think Ron Paul is one of the finest and most credible Republicans out there. I would totally support him and vote for him to be president.

I agree.
He has my support as well.

top topics

join