It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i felt like i was being strangled in my bed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
It is a bit freaky that my own feelings of running out of breath and the nightmares and then waking up to see a spider.It has happened before as a kid I woke up many times to have one hanging by a thread of web directly over my face.Then when I wake climbing back to the roof super fast.I do wonder if it is still just a dream even with my eyes open.weird thing is that I was not afraid of spiders as a kid.I would many times pull a big spider out of it's web and proceed to yank all its legs off for fun.Now I am terrified of them,weird eh?
Possibly they got their revenge on me.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Sleep Paralysis, I keep hearing. I'm not saying there isn't sleep paralysis, but where are some of you guys getting such a consistent blanket explanation? "Yup, greys at the side of the bed, sleep paralysis." "Yup, whispering, it was sleep paralysis." Who told you it was sleep paralysis?

Anyway, yeah, I forgot about the gnat looking things I saw beside my head. Not long ago. Gnats or some kind of energy, were swarmed beside my head. I tried to crush them with my hands but they ended up disappearing too.

Troy

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
Sleep Paralysis, I keep hearing. I'm not saying there isn't sleep paralysis, but where are some of you guys getting such a consistent blanket explanation? "Yup, greys at the side of the bed, sleep paralysis." "Yup, whispering, it was sleep paralysis." Who told you it was sleep paralysis?

Anyway, yeah, I forgot about the gnat looking things I saw beside my head. Not long ago. Gnats or some kind of energy, were swarmed beside my head. I tried to crush them with my hands but they ended up disappearing too.

Troy

Basically, SP can cause all those things you mentioned.

That doesn't mean it is causing them, but it can. That is why we offer it as an explanation, because it is the logical explanation to most of these events.

As i stated earlier in the topic, there may well be something more to some of these events, but until we find out what all we can do is lean on what we know.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
But, blanket explanations are useless, if they don't fit every explanation.

Maybe, what the person experienced was quite literally what he experienced.

We cannot make the decision for him, what it was.

Troy

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This sounds very familiar to my experiences on a weekly basis, sometime I feel like i am walking around the house, falling through my bed, I see a little girl at the end of my bed at times, and commonly feel like i have been physically touched or exhausted; all while feeling like i am completly awake, intially it scared me, but now i have just grown used to it; I think its just phase, or my diet. Its been going on for about 12 months now on and off. While all this is happening I can always wake myself up while lying in bed.

I think SP is the most logically answer, I would imagine a chemical imbalance.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistr_b2
It is a bit freaky that my own feelings of running out of breath and the nightmares and then waking up to see a spider.It has happened before as a kid I woke up many times to have one hanging by a thread of web directly over my face.Then when I wake climbing back to the roof super fast.I do wonder if it is still just a dream even with my eyes open.weird thing is that I was not afraid of spiders as a kid.I would many times pull a big spider out of it's web and proceed to yank all its legs off for fun.Now I am terrified of them,weird eh?
Possibly they got their revenge on me.

Spiders you say? I have had that happening to me as well. Never been so scared before in my entire life, the first time I was positive that there were a big 12" diameter black spider in my bed even after running out my room. I had to search under the bed to be able to sleep again. Also met a guy at work who also had had several freaky dreams about black shadow spiders.

I have no clue why spiders seem to be so commonly occurring in these scenarios. Perhaps they represent something special in dreams. However they never feel like dreams to me.

Thank god I havent had any more spider incidents. A peculiar thing is I started to sleep in the reverse direction after my first spider fiasco. People think its weird but I like it.

[edit on 18-1-2007 by SdiRailgun]

[edit on 18-1-2007 by SdiRailgun]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Spiders

All spiders except tarantulas are omens of good luck. If you see a spider climbing the wall you will have your dearest wish come true and if you see a spider spinning a web you will have an increase in your income due to hard work. A large spider sitting on a telephone shows you will have a phone call that will benefit you greatly. The larger the spider, the bigger the rewards.

so there you have it you lucky rich bastards, according to the official dream dictionary.

[edit on 18-1-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Mr. Cryptoman, try reading up on the shadow man experiences. There are quite a few threads on it.

As for SP, if you have ever had a daydream, then SP is a hard pill to swallow.

Scientists tend to do whole group and label thing when they dont understand something. Mainly because they HATE to say "I dont know". So they group a bunch of symptoms together and label them. (voila SP) If you dont go along with it, or try to look into it a bit more, then you too are grouped and labeled... weirdo.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
great me as Mr. Skeptical and i go to bed last night and i swear to god i feel little hands wrap around my neck and try to choke me! LOL.. i pretended to keep sleeping to try to find a logical explination. I felt something playing with my hair or move across it , then put pressure on my neck. Strange stuff. I kept pretending to sleep but then it was just too creepy and i shot up from bed and searched the room to turn the tables and choke out the ghost! Who knows what this phenomona is.. damn strange. The pressure was very light. Maybe people are confusing being "choked" with simply light pressure on their necks and confusing a gentle caress with a assulting choke (major difference in pressure).

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
No spiders as of late.

I feel as though I catch glimpses of shadows or movements sometimes. Not sure about these yet though.

Troy

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Oh wow just last night the same exact thing happend to me. I just got into bed and maybe half an hr later right when I was about to fall asleep or either I was already half asleep, I feel this huge pressure or force upon my whole body. I had no idea what it was and all I could remember was looking at my window blinds. My eyes were fixed onto them and I couldn't look anywhere else. It felt as if I was fighting against something that was pulling me in. In my head, one side was telling me this cannot be real, has to be a dream or something. Maybe I should just relax and see what happens (let myself being taken by this force) Another side of me was telling NO this is something really bad, evil, DO NOT let go FIGHT AGAINST IT. All this just happened so fast like less than 10 seconds. I finally managed to force myself to wake up ( this happens a lot for me, I find myself able to wake up from a dream). I was sweating all over but I felt really cold. Also I remember clearly that there was a voice in my head or room right before I woke up. It said someting like evolution or omseting simliar to that. Craziest experience Id ever had.

btw I didn't do anythign unusual before going to bed last night

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
About a few years ago I had an apartment in a very old house(huge about 18bedrooms), from the early 1800's. Well I have never experienced sleep paralysis until then. I'd say about the 2nd week is when it occured. It scared the hell outa me, I was in a dream like state unable to move or scream. Standing around me were these old people just staring at me. When I came through I asked my roomate if anything like that ever happened to him. He said no. So I figured it was just a one time thing. I was wrong, a few days later I went to take a nap in the afternoon and the same exact thing happened. It occured about once or twice a week. So much where I seriously thought the house was haunted and they were trying to strangle me or do some kind of ritual on me. I didnt know what was going on and couldnt deal with it anymore so I moved back with my parents. Since then I have not experienced any sleep disorders whatso ever at my parents and my 3 other apartments since then. I did do a historical background check of the house. It was a home for the mentally ill..... Weird.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join