It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is Plural? (the Trinity)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Rex282

always studying but never coming to know the Truth.The Truth is...you don't know what you are doing ..
My goal when studying the Bible, is first to know what it actually says.
While doing that, I also get a pretty good idea of what it doesn't say, though that is not quite so straightforward and may lag behind the first.
I consider anyone posting on this forum as fair game in my "game of Bible chess" as you put it, to broaden my understanding of what the Bible doesn't teach.
You can choose to not respond, if you don't feel up to it.
This thing in the tread title is significant to me, (the Trinity), because it is something that has concerned me for a long time and what got me into this sub'forum of ATS some years ago, to hash these things out and I have been all over the place during that time as I learn things, and a lot of that comes directly from other members.

check....
As I have said numerous times I am not condemning anyone.God is the judge not me(and neither is he condemning anyone).The wide path of religion is necessary for the many are called (and everyone else also).Just as you found the doctrines you believed before aren't true because they weren't in the scriptures so will many of the ones you believe now will prove to not be true.It's how it works.Eventually the striving will cease and what needs to be known will be known.It's an infinite process.The goal is always The Truth it is the KNOWING the Truth that sets free..not the believing a doctrine.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

The goal is always The Truth . . .

There is what Christians call "revealed truth" which I was referring to in the fist line of my post that you quoted.

Paul said it was more important that God knows you, rather than you trying to know God.
You do that (becoming known by God) by what you do with what has already been revealed.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Reality (that which is real) is this that is presently here and now. Nothing else really exists but thoughts tell you there is more.
Existence is what is present - and it is always present.

The father is the unseen presence and the son is the seen presence - they are one - together they make the whole thing (it is not a thing though - it is the holy spirit).

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

First, I would suggest the version to use is the KJV. To answer your question I have to ask you a question.

Who is Jesus? Who and what is Christ?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join