It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My uncle's amazing UFO footage and encounters, please help me unravel the mystery

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
I remember a thread like this last year. A new member joined up saying that his uncle worked at Area 51 and managed to smuggle a camera in and take a couple of pics. He posted one of the pics of this craft in the hangar, and our keen membership quickly exposed the flaws in the composition and it turned out it was a 3D Studio Max creation and that member received a banning.

We HAVE to find that thread and compare their writing style. . . seems like too much of a coincidence.

Mods help?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
No , that threads hoax was very well done using desent software. This reeks of an amateur to video editing, mabye a young teen, new to it.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
This has all the earmarks of a hoax.

As previously mentioned, a story goes along with the footage which, if one says they don't believe, they will be accused of being "cold" (Look at this video my uncle took....oh, by the way, he just died). Reminds me of a liberal tactic, kind of like putting Cindy Sheehan on a pedestal (but thats another thread!)

The footage itself looks like bad CGI comparable to the effects in the movie "Batteries Not Included".

To make a long reply short...............I'm not impressed

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf

The footage itself looks like bad CGI comparable to the effects in the movie "Batteries Not Included".

Ok ok there are only so many things i can't forgive, and insulting that movie is one of them. That movie was fantastic and i still watch it now. Come on apologise.

Back to the threads topic. YEs this is fake, it's a bad fake and i hope to god a mod will now lock this thread down.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Yaaaaaay , I'm psycic...

Yaaaaaay

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Our original poster seems to have gone a little quite since his last reply, I would suspect he and his friends are looking at their monitor and s'n-word'ing behind their hands at our replies, "Look what we did, look at all the replies we have generated, what shall we do next"??.

If this kid doesn't reply soon and supply something with substance he needs blown out of the water. I love it when I see new interesting posts on the ATS main page but if there is one thing I DESPISE it hoax posters. My apologies if this is a bit harsh but I think a few people would agree with me.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by October
Our original poster seems to have gone a little quite since his last reply, I would suspect he and his friends are looking at their monitor and s'n-word'ing behind their hands at our replies, "Look what we did, look at all the replies we have generated, what shall we do next"??.

If this kid doesn't reply soon and supply something with substance he needs blown out of the water. I love it when I see new interesting posts on the ATS main page but if there is one thing I DESPISE it hoax posters. My apologies if this is a bit harsh but I think a few people would agree with me.
he also said he had to log off for the evening give him a chance to return. the video looks a little fake to me also but then again i have seen real non ufo videos that look fake also why dont everybody wait and see what else he provides for evidence.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I agree,
let's not prejudge.
He promised us to upload more videos.
Thinking as a sociologist i wouldn't like to frustrate him before i see all the videos he can provide
then, make cospirancies
or declare ''definetly a fraud'
Thinking overally is better than judging by one post

I AM SO ANTICIPATING!!!!
CAN'T WAIT

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Fair enough guys, i'll wait with the rest of you and see if anything at all comes out of it, just sick of being taken for a ride

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well i wasn't expecting a warm reception or anything, so thanks for the responses. I'm going to try and work on getting some of the sketches and pics he had, but it may be some time. I want to discuss the video right now and some of the things he said that interested me. I'm open to all interpretations of the video. He spent alot of time on his computer writing but i dont think he had the software to hoax this, and i don't believe he would. I will try to log on as often as i can to respond to everyone.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The video looks like the UFO was added in, it looks unnatural.

It also seems weird that the camera man was able to follow the UFO so well. It looks more like a guy just swung his camera around randomly, and put in the UFO afterwards to follow the camera movements, while adding some irregularities to make it seem more realistic.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Dreamer- in the meantime, while we're waiting:

Perhaps you can reassure some doubters here by offering some additional background. Tell us more about your uncle – e.g., What else did he tell you when you were younger? What were his own sources? Where has he lived/worked/played? Did he describe anything to you verbally/drawing/etc that you can relay to us? What was his general belief regarding his observations/sources/research? Was he a religious guy? An Agnostic perhaps? When did he start confiding in you? Have any details you can share?

You see, padawan, we’re a curious lot and love to analyze and ponder and contemplate and debate and persuade or dissuade, etc., etc. So give us something more to chew one, will you? You’ve tossed out a very intriguing story-line – but that’s not enough, I’m afraid. Like the trailer of an upcoming blockbuster that takes forever (if ever) to materialize, many of us would ‘read the book’ in anticipation.

Toss us a couple of bones. Pavlov rules at ATS…

[edit on 1/12/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
Dreamer- in the meantime, while we're waiting:

Perhaps you can reassure some doubters here by offering some additional background. Tell us more about your uncle – e.g., What else did he tell you when you were younger? What were his own sources? Where has he lived/worked/played? Did he describe anything to you verbally/drawing/etc that you can relay to us? What was his general belief regarding his observations/sources/research? Was he a religious guy? An Agnostic perhaps? When did he start confiding in you? Have any details you can share?

[edit on 1/12/2007 by Outrageo]

He said he had regular contact... he mentioned a great deal of government involvement with aliens, as well as several projects in which humans were actually allowed aboard the ships and taken to other worlds... he went as well... also that the aliens intruded on his life regularly. I remember alot of sketches and a metalic rock he says came from a UFO... he had some pictures. That's about all i can remember for the time being

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Just watched the vid now and wanted to say one thing
-hahahahahahahaaa!
i havnt seen a blantently fake vid in a long time thx man

-Rob

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
That ufo has a very distinctive style to it. It is remarkabley similar to the ufos that were photographed by Ed Walters in Gulf Breeze, Florida. Walter's case was verified by MUFON. There were also around 200 other witnesses to his ufos. Just a bit of corroborating evidence.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Okay, I'm not weighing in one way or the other just yet. However, I think if honest to goodness crystal clear stable footage of a UFO were to be posted, the posters here at ATS would tear it and the person posting it apart. Here are some observations:

1) Someone always complains that UFO footage is shaky and blurry. This guy actually posts a clear and well done clip and people jump him over it not being shaky or blurry enough.

2) Everyone always screams CGI but rarely say why they think so. The poster who mentioned the blurry edges, posted screen shots, and then said they'd research it further is the only one with credibility so far on the "it looks CGI!" front.

3) Like the CGI screamers, there's always a chorus of "it looks so fakey!" Well, how do you know? How many real Alien Spaceships have you seen flying around? The irony is people think footage like this looks fake because it doesn't look like the fake spaceships flying around in Sci Fi movies.

Like I say, I haven't decided on this one yet. The UFO moves awfully fast for the camera to keep up with, but a cellphone camera is so easy to move around like that, it's very possible. Like a previous poster mentioned, the design is eerily similar to the still fully bunked "Gulf Breeze Sightings."

Personally, I lean toward UFOs being Government ships and not alien, but that's neither here nor there in a thread like this. Someone needs to analyze the video closely enough to prove the image of the UFO was superimposed. Finding overlaps or anomalies is the way to go, not sitting back and yelling that it "looks" fake. That's useless. If it turns out to be a hoax, then crucify the guy, but wait until you know something first.

If I have time this weekend, I'll frame by frame it with some filters and see what I can come up with.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
That ufo has a very distinctive style to it. It is remarkabley similar to the ufos that were photographed by Ed Walters in Gulf Breeze, Florida. Walter's case was verified by MUFON. There were also around 200 other witnesses to his ufos. Just a bit of corroborating evidence.

There were not 200 witnesses to the Gulf Breeze UFO. The amount of people who saw that craft were few, but there were from November 1987 to May 1988, over 100 witnesses reported similar UFO experiences in the Gulf Breeze.

However that craft was photographed I believe in South America. but no analysis has ever been done as far as I know on it.

MUFON had serious issues with Walters analysis.

If the OP would like to send me a raw copy of the video, I will provide an upload space, and my contact info. I'll be glad to go over it.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This thread is not really about the Gulf Breeze incident. I was only mentioning it to draw attention to the similarity between the ufo that appears in the OP's video and the ufos encountered in Gulf Breeze.

P.S.
From the UFO Casebook;

Walter Andrus, state director for the Mutual UFO Network, studied the case for three years. His conclusions were:

"The overwhelming evidence is in. Gulf Breeze is indeed one of the most incredible cases in modern UFO history."

[edit on 12-1-2007 by SkyWay]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
very good observations SkyWay... i have not looked into the particular case you were talking about before. I remember my interest in UFOs was sparked when i saw a show on the hiostory channel that used sketches done by a government almost identical to my uncles, im not sure if it is the same type of craft. Im going to try to get those sketches/pics posted relatively soon, hes got boxes i will have to dig through. I'll keep you posted.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I just kept hitting pause and play, I managed to get a screen shot that has the object in it twice, not sure what that means but thought I'd share. EDIT:

Actually I was able to do it more than once.

[edit on 12-1-2007 by BluByWho]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join