It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civilization Before Atlantis [Help]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'm new here so sorry if im doing somthing wrong

I was in a discussion with my friend about ancient civilizations and he brought up a civilization that was in the mayan jungle before the mayans and were before the time Atlantis?

Can anyone help me figure this out?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Mayan civilisation 300bce - 1200ce
Atlantis (non proven hypothetical lost civilisation) ended in 9500bce according to its only chronicler plato

there were plenty of civilisations before the maya
including pretty much everyone you ever heard of
egypt, sumer, rome, greece, china, japan etc

there were no known civilisations before 9500bce
quite a few cultures but no civilisations

officially thge worlds first civilisation was that of ancient sumer which flourished from around 5500bce

I'm sure that someone will now disput that but as usual they won't be able to provide any credible evidence

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Just wondering..... I read a documentry about the Mystery of the Sphinx and i was wondering if it was actully possible if people from Atlantis could actully come from mars? Is there any possibility?

(If Atlantis exists)

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Sorry... Saw a documentry*

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
there is no possibility whatever that the people of Atlantis came from Mars
had that been the case Plato would have been sure to mention it

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
alright thanks for the information

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
if the doc you saw was on the Noggin channel last night, it was a total piece of manure....

I'm always interested in this topic, but when they started parading those heiroglyphics that are just worn down, and stated they show a helicopter, etc. I had to turn the channel...

here's probably the best probable location (imho)....

www.geocities.com...

Enjoy.

It matches point for point Plato's descriptions. Also, there is some debate about the translation for the timeline. Some feel it is months, not years, which would put it around 1200 BC, around the same time as Egypt's wars with the "sea people"... This may be the war with Egypt Plato talked about.

I'd really recommend actually reading a translated copy of Plato's writings on this, and I think there's a link (or used to be) on that site.

[edit on 12-1-2007 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

It matches point for point Plato's descriptions. Also, there is some debate about the translation for the timeline. Some feel it is months, not years, which would put it around 1200 BC, around the same time as Egypt's wars with the "sea people"... This may be the war with Egypt Plato talked about.

errr no it doesn't
Plato states that there was a war between Atlantis and Greece
he didn't say anything about the Atlantic in his dialogue either
that was added later by Benjamin Jowett who mistranslated part of the text and that mistranslation is what most pseudoscientists like Jim Allen have based their personal belief on
He also stated that it sank beneath the sea
remember that bit ?
this at no time happened to Bolivia
so what have you got
a place in a location not mentioned by Plato
which didnt sink as mentioned by Plato
which wasn't ever at war as mentioned by Plato
pffft
try reading some credible sites in future
i.e. ones based on the writings of plato and not based on whoever claims to have found it this week
this matches Plato only if you ignore practically everything he said

Marduk
I'm sure that someone will now dispute that but as usual they won't be able to provide any credible evidence

what I tell you

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I don't believe in it, but a mythical civilization that was suppose to predate Atlantis is called Lemuria or Mu. But most or all of the "evidence" for it comes from channelers, past life readers, alien cults and the like.

Vas

edit: sorry, i didnt see you 2nd thread on Lumeria.

[edit on 13-1-2007 by Vasilis Azoth]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The Destruction Of Atlantis [Michael Tsarion]

Check that video out... It will help you understand more greatly ...

[edit on 1/14/2007 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok Also, there is some debate about the translation for the timeline. Some feel it is months, not years, which would put it around 1200 BC, around the same time as Egypt's wars with the "sea people"...

I don't think you can make that connection. There were quite a number of literate civilizations by then (remember that most of them started writing about 3,000 BC) and there's a lot of documentation about that time. None of it mentions vanishing lands or Atlantis or anything of the sort.

This may be the war with Egypt Plato talked about.

The war was between Atlantis and Athens, and Athens won. There's no such documented war in 1200 BC.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I was whatching Mystery Of The Sphinx and they were talking about how they saw a sphinx in the sand on Mars. Could that mean anything????

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
yes it means that some people who have over active imaginations took far too much acid back in the 70s

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Probally ...

top topics

join