It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS helping to withhold the Truth about Aliens and UFOs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I have seen allot of things in my few short months of posting here on ATS, I myself seems to stir up as much controversy along with the likes of John Lear and Sleeper.

I have seen John Lear very methodically be set up and then slammed down by the wolves working for ATS.

I have seen my own threads be infiltrated by mods and very methodically attacked, and given bogus warning then had them shutdown why?

Sleeper is another that knows the truth and he was run out for the most part and his threads have been shut down.

Why does ATS shutdown these thread or move them?

I think that ATS is helping to withhold the Truth about Aliens and UFO’s.

What do you think?

AA

I have a prediction this thread will be infiltrated by a different mod, and when it starts to take off and it will, they will try and set me up to kill it or move it. Lets see what happens.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Why are the threads moved? Because they are in the improper places.

Why are threads killed? Because people post nonsense.

That's all there is. Move along.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Totaly.
This is not the first time people raises the flag. There is only one thing we can do. Move to another board to talk about this or put up with it. Unfortunate but true.

It's not because you don't understand something that it's non sense. It's because you are limited.

There is quite a lot of stubborn people at ATS, some won't hear anything, they won't attempt to see belong their own limitation. And it's understandable, it's part of human nature. It's a learning process. Slow but inevitable.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by tock]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Last I checked this board was for discussing things like Alien sightings, abductions, pictures, videos, information and such.

I'm getting tired of opening misleading threads, rants, BS, and quite frankly psychotic garbage. If I were a moderator I would most likely have a lynching party looking for me because I would wipe out a lot of stupid stuff, including this thread.

I have yet to witness any thread with actual meat to it being moved or killed, so you guys are starting to believe your own "conspiracy" theories, thinking now even the people at ATS are out to get you.

Signed, bored with stupid childish posts

[edit on 11-1-2007 by knows_but_doesnt]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Agenda
I have a prediction this thread will be infiltrated by a different mod, and when it starts to take off and it will, they will try and set me up to kill it or move it. Lets see what happens.

It won't be infiltrated, nor will it take off. There will be No setup, void that which you yourself perceive; however, it will be closed.

The "allegations" and/or "issues" you seem Determined to "reveal" have been and are being discussed in various other threads as I/we type ... several of which were started by yourself, AA.

The "issues" and "allegations" you're "bringing to light" have been openly addressed, yet obviously Not to your satisfaction.

Please add further comments/contributions to one of the ongoing discussions regarding that which you purport.

Thank you.

Closing ...

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Are you serious?

Roswell: Truly the “Holy Grail” of UFOlogy. The government admits to capturing a flying saucer, then retracts the story. Warning to the reader: the links will take you to LONG threads on this.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Rendlesham: Also known as the “British Roswell”. Another famous case with military witnesses.

The Hill Abduction Case: The first, and one of the best, cases of modern alien abduction.

The “Battle of LA”: The Army open-fires on a UFO over LA in 1942.

The Kinross Incident: A plane vanishes while investigating a UFO.

Many staff members and senior staff members have their own UFO-related stories and the idea that any of us are somehow part of "withholding the truth" is ludicrous, and contrary to the numerous threads to the contrary.

Please add further comments/contributions to one of the ongoing discussions regarding that which you purport.

Links please? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I believe you referred to me with the 'bogus' complaints.

I posted several complaints about you AA simply because you have this idea that you are infallible and you verbally abuse anyone who doesn't agree with you.

You called me a 'sheep' several times rather than actually addressing the overly relevant questions i asked you. You sent abusive U2Us to a certain member who reported negative effects from one of your 'methods'.

What more is there to say? You are an attention seeker and nothing more. You've had your 15 seconds of fame.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I myself seems to stir up as much controversy along with the likes of John Lear and Sleeper.

Oops!! Did some motive slip out?

You like stirring it up don't you? Does it give you a kick to post your nonsense? Does that explain the sudden poor spelling skills? A little one-handed inputting? Heh?

Reality and truth smack you upside the head, ever' single day, and you totally don't get it.

And don't bother coming back at me with the 'you people and sheeple' stuff....man, that gets old quick.

So, leave mommy's computer alone now or go back to godlikeproductions where you can spell out dirty words and snicker to your friends.

(sometimes ya' just gotta' drop the gloves)

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Links please? Thanks.

Initially in Aliens and UFOS - Moved to SkunkWorks:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Sheep In Wolves' Clothing?

I have seen John Lear very methodically be set up and then slammed down by the wolves working for ATS.

Ouch!

I think the case of John Lear is clear enough for those of us who were following what went on. The problem wasn't his claims, but his behavior toward other members.

To be fair, John was the target of some very vicious and persistent attacks by other members (some of whom are no longer with us, I should add), so I can understand why he would lose his cool after all that.

In his defense, he handled some very difficult situations with dignity and aplomb, which I very much admire.

Personally, though I'm skeptical of many of his claims (I'm a skeptic, after all), I'm something of a fan of John's and am hoping things can be worked out.

Even if they can't, however, the fact remains that his claims are not the issue, and they are still the subject of a great deal of discussion on ATS, pro and con, as with anything else.

But the rules apply to all of us, and honoring an agreement is necessary for all of members, even John Lear.

I can certainly understand how some members could be suspicious of us when drama events like this occur, but is it really fair to call us "wolves" and impugn our motives based on your own assumptions?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Majic-I agree with you. John Lear, whether one loved or despised him, brought a lot of excitement to the board. I am really hoping that he and admin can work things out and that he can come back. I feel it will only make this site, which is one of my favorites on all the internet, just that much more entertaining to be a part of. He is one heck of a colorful and interesting character IMHO.

BTW-I really do enjoy AA's threads as well. He is another character who I feel adds excitement to the board and gets things moving.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
every single forum on the web that permits posters to abuse other posters with abusive name calling or insults to their state of mental health are guilty of helping withhold vital and secret information from the world. I've witnessed countless people being silenced by vile mobs of name-calling abusers while webmasters looked the other way.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I agree with Majic as well. It's not easy to get crushed and bombarded with questions that you can't always answer. Fighting constantly against the debunkers is one heck of a hard fight. And if answering "I don't Know" would be enough everything would be fine. But as soon as something like this happends, you get tagged as fraud or a liar.

Some of us here believe they have been in touch with some of the ET reality but does that mean we have to have answers to all the questions related to the subject?

I have the impression some of the people on the boards forget there is human beings behind the keyboard...and we all trying to figure out what's going out in space and on our planet.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

While I can understand your apprehension I think you should
consider the Fair Skeptics as a move in the right direction.

What it boils down to is noone is withholding anything. It's up to us
to sift the wheat from the chaff.
Maybe we can provide some perspective that is missing and
would reveal the true aspects not considered in previous investigations.
I'm just sayin.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This thread was closed, then re-opened... hmmm....

Anyway - here's the original response I had for AA re this question:

You propose: Is ATS helping to withhold the Truth about Aliens and UFOs?

My answer: AA, your sounding off like a bunch of sour grapes again...

Listen, you're a good guy, and you have some valuable things to contribute, so let me just offer a little bit of unsolicited guidance…

You attract attention, often the unwelcome kind, because you’ve been inconsistent and contradictory in your posts. You’ve made some outlandish, unsubstantiated claims, on several threads, and then you take great offense when a poster to one of your threads asks for a bit more in the way of compelling, empirical evidence to back your claims. You may get more respect and be more successful with your Alien Agenda(s) if you just tone down the belligerent, defensive posture when someone expresses a question or doubt regarding your topic.

A little humility, careful thought, civility, mutual respect. That’s all that is required. The mods at ATS have no hidden agenda – they are just trying to maintain a smooth, safe, interesting forum for inquiring minds to share and debate ideas in as much of a thought-provoking, intellectual, legitimate way as they can.

Any animosity you may feel and subsequently act upon (such as in this thread) merely reinforces presumptions about your motives, about your objectives, about your state-of-mind regarding the topic at hand. Your fanning your own flames, Mr. AA, and the result is not favorably advancing your cause.

Consequently, there is a pattern emerging with your threads, and I’m sure it is contributing to the discomfort some have been expressing in your general direction. It appears that each time as yet another AA thread is posted with a rather profound claim, a sequence of events sets in motion that may be acerbating your outlook. A few folks early on chime in that they're intrigued about what you’re proposing and want to know more. Some jump in with doubts and ask you to validate one aspect of your position or another. Ultimately, whether regarding your contacts with aliens, methods others use to find ‘streams’ you are directing them to, or instructions on other methodologies and techniques that are not bearing fruit, a bit of frustration begins to pile up at which point, rather than address the questions directly, you either skulk off into a dark place for a while, lash back with vacuous promises for future explanations, or attempt to belittle the inquisitor with insults about their motives or their intelligence. This is not good, Alien Agenda. It has not been beneficial for you.

The new thread (accusing ATS of wtholding truth) is a perfect example of what we’re talking about. Your latest incarnation of a definitive alien contact method met with some skepticism, and after some 37–odd pages, ATS mods were starting to step in and ask that you either come to some conclusion about your claims or answer the rising chorus of curious onlookers seeking confirmation. They are seeking closure.

My guess is that the far majority of both passive and active observers, myself included, repeatedly start out by giving you, the original poster, every benefit of the doubt. Yet, you can’t expect everyone on stage and in the audience to follow your thread ad nauseum through 37 pages or more with little to no forward momentum, no revelation, and increasing hostility to those who simply ask that something, anything, eventually happen. The logjams your threads produce, after given plenty of opportunity to free itself, must, in due course, be dealt with one way or another. This is what our prudent ATS mods are attempting to do. It is no reflection of you necessarily – it is merely due diligence. You might consider it ATS “site maintenance”.

It comes down to simple courtesy and exercising a little better judgment when initiating or responding to threads on this forum. To suggest that the folks at ATS are attempting to withhold the truth about Aliens and UFOs merely because they asked you to reach consensus or closure in another thread is frankly absurd. With all due respect, Sir, your running to post this new thread after being scolded or slighted in another one smacks a bit like a disgruntled, overindulgent child whose bag of candy has been taken away form him and who then runs to another room crying about the mean person who stole his candy. A better course of action may have been to swallow hard, take a look in the mirror, and perhaps modify your behavior slightly to see if that might yield better results. Then pick yourself up and try again.

Good luck, AA – we wish you the best. And keep looking up – we’re still interested in your proof!

p.s. Post that "Big Report" from the Aliens you claim -ASAP. That would help immensely.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The way I see it, everything is dis-info..

There's even dis-info for dis-info.

Dis-info even sounds pretty slick to say.

When people say something you don't want to hear..people just yell "DIS-INFO!"

ATS could be one of the greatest Dis-Info's online..but nah ATS is run and modded by "people like us" but their "higher" then us in here of course.

But see.. ^ that right there, we're supposed to believe..

SHoot, I can be a dis-info'nist myself

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Sometimes you just need to trust .

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Its a shame they didnt ban you, people like you harm the true UFO researchers far more than any government agents could do.

People like you are turning ATS into self parody.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
One Thing, Why would They Open And Run A Huge Forum Based Site Pretty Much About This Stuff...If They Wanted To Keep It From Us???
I Just Dont Really See Where You Are Coming From...They Are Just Doing Their Job, Which They Are Very Good At.
.:Kiliker:.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
ATS withholding truth about aliens and UFO's? Are you serious AA? If anything YOU are the one withholding information about the grays. If the aforementioned were indeed true about ATS, you would also be guilty.

The pot calling the kettle black, as they say.

Funny how all of this debate could be wiped clear, save for some obvious skepticism, if you would just post your alien manifesto. . or whatever you call it. Instead you cop out with saying that we arent ready. Im ready AA. We all here are ready AA. Otherwise why would you put us in contact with them to begin with?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join