It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America the Fall of Babylon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Just an interesting tidbit on how America seems to be related to what the Revelations in the Bible calls...Babylon...

America the 666...?

What do you guys think...any value?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I've always wondered if America was the Babylon mentioned in Revelation 18.
You will find others who will argue with you around here til they're blue in the face that Babylon is Rome or Iraq, etc.

I will say this; currently I'd say yes, the United States is the current world Babylon.
The question is: will it still be Babylon by the time "the end" roles around? History changes everything. Where we stand today, does not necesssarily mean that's where we'll stand tomorrow. Who knows?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
you could just see the bible as an allegorical book in which "babylon" is a metaphor for something like the roman empire...

or maybe that's just me taking too much of an atheistic and historical approach to the bible

[edit on 1/11/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well with the evidence submitted in the link above I believe that our own downfall wil be similar to that of Babylon. The Bible is metaphorical in my opinion. The Dragon and the Bear equal China and Russia, the only two countries that do not allow any type of religion, No heaven, no hell, nothing. We are Babylon the entire 666 and numerical value of the Pyramid in the dollar bill points to it..

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll
I've always wondered if America was the Babylon mentioned in Revelation 18.
You will find others who will argue with you around here til they're blue in the face that Babylon is Rome or Iraq, etc.

This is correct........Babylon is Iraq the land of Chaldeans.

Mystery Babylon is the Church of Rome and that great city is Vatican City.
Which dresses in purple and scarlet and carries a gold cup.

I'm not blue in the face yet though.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21
Well with the evidence submitted in the link above I believe that our own downfall wil be similar to that of Babylon. The Bible is metaphorical in my opinion. The Dragon and the Bear equal China and Russia, the only two countries that do not allow any type of religion, No heaven, no hell, nothing.

um
russia allows all religion, it has for over 20 years
and china doesn't allow any religion that isn't controlled by the state

We are Babylon the entire 666 and numerical value of the Pyramid in the dollar bill points to it..

ok, the numerical value of the pyramid has been debunked various times in a thread by former member (banned for personal attacks) lastdayprophet

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
What did I tell you?
America = 1
Rome = 1
Iraq = 1

LOL!

We'll know when it happens.....if we're still around.
But Babylon has always been synonamous with decadence and leading the world into it..........so at this point in the world's history the U.S.A. has my vote. But I could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well let me just drop a quick tidbit, Russia for 75 years state religion was Atheism. Perhaps in the past years it has been changed.

And for the Chinese a state religion is not plausible, yet from the Chinese people I've spoken too they are all brought as Athiest without any relation to heaven nor hell.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
you could just see the bible as an allegorical book in which "babylon" is a metaphor for something like the roman empire...

or maybe that's just me taking too much of an atheistic and historical approach to the bible

[edit on 1/11/07 by madnessinmysoul]

edit: wow that really pisses me off. I typed up this really long reply
(right up here^^^^^) and its not in post. I hit submit reply, and all that came up was the quote. I don't feel like typing it up again, so sorry to be wasting space.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by soshootme]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll
What did I tell you?
America = 1
Rome = 1
Iraq = 1

LOL!

We'll know when it happens.....if we're still around.
But Babylon has always been synonamous with decadence and leading the world into it..........so at this point in the world's history the U.S.A. has my vote. But I could be wrong.

Actually, if you want to get specific, I would say Hollywood, along with Europe (their attitudes' toward sexuality and deivence far outstrip the US) would be responsible for leading the world in to decedance. Midwest America is a little sick it.

new topics

top topics

join