It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Face

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Strange Face:
It has come into my hands a stone face that is about 2 to2 1/2in long the top is 1in wide and the bottom 1/2in.
The stone looks like its red clay but i don't know, there seams to be small silver specs in it.
The Face has unusual horns and a unusual mouth.
has any one ever come across an image like this.

home.comcast.net...

home.comcast.net...

Can take other pics if asked, this was taken with my camera phone a I-mate JasJar.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by cmaracing]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Very interesting, I'm no expert, but I'm willing to bet that they have something to do with a religion, a representation of evil, or Satan.

The color, which to me shouts ''clay!'', as it did to you, leads me to believe that these were mass produced, maybe for distribution.

Though that is only my very basic knowledge, someone will be able to offer a better explanation or alternative I'm sure.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by Zanzibar]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This stone was found in a very remote part of Portugal in about 10 feet bellow ground when a foundation for a house was being built, in this area of Portugal there are many areas of Roman and moors ruins

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I don't think that it would be Roman, it is far too well preserved.

Were any other artifacts found at the same site as this? Broken pottery? Bones?

That sort of thing?

I just did a quick search and it seems that the speckles you described are fairly common in pottery made from red clay, it's minerals and iron.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by Zanzibar]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
All i can say that it was discovered in about 1940 when they where clearing and excavating for a house i know the house but unlike the u.s.a. that stops every thing when something is found they just continued working my grandfather has owned that land in my family forever.
the surrounding town has many Moor and Roman objects..

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Its a moors head
look at the nose
the moors weren't white guys you know
theyre pretty common
they named several pubs after them

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I have seen many sculptors of moors stones and i tend to agree the nose is some what the same but the rest of the face is not including the mouth and the horns on top of the head.

home.comcast.net...

home.comcast.net...

[edit on 11-1-2007 by cmaracing]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
well iirc moorish helmets had three spikes on the top of them
you can't tell from the detail whether this is horns or a helmet
but claiming its satan is out there with the fairies
the moors didn't believe in Satan
thats Jewish and Christian
Islam does have a Satan but he doesnt look like that

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

but claiming its satan is out there with the fairies
the moors didn't believe in Satan
thats Jewish and Christian
Islam does have a Satan but he doesnt look like that

Well I didn't know that, still a good guess though.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
If it has silver flecks in it, then it was probably made with the same materials as indian pottery. All the indian pottery that I find has silver flecks probably mica from the clay used.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'd run it by a museum, but on a guess it's a Roman piece and that is a satyr's head. They had two goatlike horns and very full lips.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

roman period satyr head

roman period satyr head

I think you're copnfusing satyrs with their boss Pan Byrd
he was the one with the horns
satyrs were just well developed (physically know what i mean nudge nudge wink wink) humans with goat legs and pointed ears

heres pan on the right
and like another poster said already
its in too good condition to be roman

but
there is one deity known to have been represented by just a head who had horns and solid moorish connections
the Baphomet
It was worshipped by the Templars who kicked the Moors out of portugal

so to the OP
read this
and then tell me
where you found this was it close to anywhere mentioned

In 1159, when Gualdim Pais was master of the Templars in Portugal, they were given the castle of Ceras near Tomar, with lands stretching from the Mondego to the Tagus along the Zezere. As Ceras castle was in ruins, Gualdim decided to build a new fortification in Tomar, and work began on March 1, 1160. In the same year, the town came into being.

In 1165, the templars were given the territories of Idanha and Monsanto. In 1169 they were granted one third of all lands they conquered south of the Tagus, and their ownership of the castles of Cardiga, Foz do Zezere and Tomar was confirmed. A year later the defensive line along the Tagus was strengthened with the construction of Almourol castle.

[edit on 12-1-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
hi there cmaracing ,

you should take it to the museum in Coimbra in Portugal , they have several similar pieces there.

i live near there , and there is quite a few finds that have been found recently that are from the Moors era.

u2u me if you want to chat more,

snoopyuk

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
if this turns out ot have been excavated from a former Templar area its monetary value is beyond price
and modern masonic lodge would pay millions for it

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Actually, the Templars were Christian monks who were also warriors.

The "worship Baphomet" was an accusation trumped up by the Church in an effort to grab their wealth and undo their international political power. The Inquisitors put this question to the monks and tortured them, trying to get them to confess:
en.wikipedia.org...

The destruction and end of the order is well documented historically. Although the Masons used some Templar symbols and tried at one time to make a connection, that isn't real. Lodges aren't museums and wouldn't pay much for a Templar artifact.

I did an extensive amount of research on them 6 years ago for an article I wrote. This isn't my article, but the author used most of the same sources I did:
www.slate.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MardukI think you're copnfusing satyrs with their boss Pan Byrd

Worse than that, I confused them with fauns!! Argh!

It was fauns I meant, not satyrs. And the fauns do have horns:
en.wikipedia.org...

The satyr article also discusses the horns and fauns (budlike on the young, larger on the older)
en.wikipedia.org...

As you can see from this Pompeiian one from the museum of Naples, they really did have horns:
www.sculpturegallery.com...

Anyway, trot it by a local museum. Someone will have an idea what it is!

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Lodges aren't museums and wouldn't pay much for a Templar artifact.

ah of course I didn't mean Masons
I meant Rosicrucians

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

Lodges aren't museums and wouldn't pay much for a Templar artifact.

ah of course I didn't mean Masons
I meant Rosicrucians

Yeah, yeah. NEXT think we know, you'll be blaming it on the Boy Scouts!!!! J

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmaracing
This stone was found in a very remote part of Portugal in about 10 feet bellow ground when a foundation for a house was being built, in this area of Portugal there are many areas of Roman and moors ruins

Where in Portugal was this found?

Some remote areas of Portugal were almost in the same conditions since the Roman era until the 1970s.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Yeah, yeah. NEXT think we know, you'll be blaming it on the Boy Scouts

Church of Satan ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join