It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terra Forming Planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
While many debate global warming and mans effect on the planet do people realise that we are are on an unstable terra forming planet, one that is hardly condusive to long term existence. Earth has been and will be bombarded by massive solar flares, has been and is hit by bollides of all sizes, has seen many previous mass extinctions of lifeforms.

So with all this in mind global warming is not beacause of mans activity, it may accelerate certain weather conditions but the big stuff is left for the Sun, bollides and the planets in our system and possibly elements far from earth.

The fact of the matter is that with our present technology there's not alot we can do about it and while I for one dont want to see the Earth turned into a dustbin one needs to look at the bigger picture. That is we need to look for a planet that wont blow up in our faces, its only a question of time where one of the above will scrub us off this planet. Or we develop the technology to nulify solar flares and have anihilation shields to take out bollides. I'm sure we can do it, its just a question if we want to, there's no shortage of money, just think how much we invest just trying to kill each other, what if all that was put to good use.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
That is a good point, but I thought most had concluded that it was mans activity that is doing it.

I don't think we will put enough resources into stopping climate change though, or making technologies to stop bolides from hitting us, as that would be a good use of money.

On a different point slightly, for those who say that aircraft use is killing the planet, I present this:

Thus, if Indonesia and Brazil could be persuaded to stop their environmental vandalism for one year, the consequent preservation of rainforests would be sufficient to neutralise the climate impact of all the aircraft in the world until 2050.

Source

Maybe if all countries thought ahead, useful technologies might be developed, as opposed to bigger bomb development.

join