It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members Meeting Point

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Didn't see anyone mention this so decided to post it. In a Situation X Scenario that involved any kind of warfare involving two sides (NWO, Alien Invasion, Civil War, Nuclear War etc), wouldn't a meeting place for ATS Members be useful? Seeing that most of us hold the same ideals, and unity is a huge safeguard, a meeting point for a Situation X scenario would vastly increase survival chances and permit a counter attack plan to be planned if possible and applicable. So, where would we meet? How would we let ATS Members know were to meet without alerting the enemies (Whoever they are), is this a good idea, is it plausible, would it work?

CX

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Nice idea, but i'm not sure how practicable it would be.

ATS members are from many corners of the earth. Depending on what exactly situation x ends up being, you may not be able to get out of your country to meet up with anyone else from here! Plus members from the US would'nt be able to bring a knife or firearm to the UK so i think we could pretty much rule out a meeting point over here!

Secondly, and i mean no offence to anyone here, i'm not sure i'd want to be with some people from ATS when the shtf. They may not want to be with me.
There could be many reasons that could determine if and who i'd want me in a survival situation. A simple difference in certain beliefs could be enough to seriously hinder a survival situation.

How many people here really know the person behind the avatar? Maybe a start would be to build a friendship with those you feel you can here, if you are comfy meeting with members, then do that. Find like-minded people in your area over there.

I know i'd need to spend a lot of "real time" with someone who i trusted no end in order for me to want to be with them in a survival situation.

If not i'd rather go it alone.

Interesting subject though, i look forward to hearing other peoples opinions on this.

CX.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I have a feeling the reason this idea has never been submitted is because it would not work. Firstly ATS members cover the entire planet which makes a single meeting point somewhat diffictult.

Secondly, anyone could choose to come along and be a drain on the people who are really prepaired.

The main reason for not joining one of these things would be, for me anyway, is the fact anyone could stab you in the back without a moments notice. Would you really trust me with your life, someone who you have never met? It may be all ok when times are good, but i could never trust anyone apart from a very few people i have know for years in a life or death situation.

I suspect most of the real survivalists on here will agree.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
looks like CX and i had exactly the same thoughts at almost exactly the same time, only CX can type faster

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
When this thought first crossed my mind, I too felt that choosing between sharing supplies with family verses internet friends made it not feasable.

What I did think of was to using your name + ATS as a call name on a shortwave radio so that maybe a fellow poster would pick up on it and respond in kind. From this, perhaps a connection could be made.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
When the s**t hits the fan i'll be in the pub around the corner.. If anyone wants to join me then their more than welcome..

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I live in a semi-rural area where many families are related (but NOT inbred) closely or distantly.

In some situations it might be better to go solo, other might be better to have numbers - while some guard, others sleep, cook, wash, hunt, etc.

I couldn't say in situation-x I'd rather go solo, or situation-y I'd rather be in a group. I guess it would depend on what happened, the status of transportation/communication, or how many people may be killed, hunted, or in danger.

Joining a group, I would first join with family, and then close, long-time like-minded friends.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I understand where Azure is coming from. And it doesn't have to be a
mandatory thing, which wouldn't work anyway. But a strictly voluntary,
organized set-up would indeed enable some to rally with those of like
thinking. After all, it's about survival.
Maybe a specific phone number to call to get information.
Maybe a specific place to meet.
Maybe an ATS code identifier.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Its a grand idea that is doomed to fail. Most survivalist are pretty independent. Thats one of the reasons we become survivalist. We don't want to depend on others including our government.
Speaking only for myself I would welcome for a short stay any ATS member who wondered into my camp, but only a short stay. cup of coffee by the camp fire then on your way.
The major issue as I see it is this. Alot of people are opposed to firearms then they find themselves in a survival situation and who do they come looking for those of us who are packing. Why so they can be protected and fed, and still feel good about themselfs for not getting armed. There morals are clear while there stomach is full at my expense.
I think a code on the HAM and in face to face meeting would be good thow for short get together's. something like Angryamerican ATS. it would tell me ime among more like minded people.

IMO!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well, sounds to me like there's a bunch of hard-ass people out there with
an attitude. And they want to be independent. Ooooooweeeeee!
Survivalist? What the heck have you survived? You have done nothing!

It's just a concept. A way of thinking, and preparing, for trouble.

Too bad some of you will wind up dead because you're so "independent"
you couldn't share a second cup of coffee. Being self-reliant is one thing,
being anti-social, rude, and stupid is another. There's strength in numbers.
But what do you care? You're John Rambo and you're tough as nails.

A time will come when you'll need something, maybe even some help.
But you will have turned away those that haven't adopted your rudeness.
Survivalist? What have you survived alone so far? Nothing.......yet!

CX

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Lol i'd take a chill pill Seige!

Truth is, you're right, maybe not all here have survived anything yet. However i'd not tar everyone with that brush, you don't know peoples history here so theres no point in making assumptions that no-one has survived anything yet.

I don't think it's case of being a hardass either, maybe i'd call it airing on the side of caution. I agree that it could be silly to turn your nose up at help in a survival situation, but it really does depend on the situation.

I think that many people would want to start off on thier own if they don't have family, but it will take time to develope trust with outsiders. Theres nothing wrong with that, to me thats sensible. If we are talking about some of the more serious situation X's talked about on here, none of us can honestly say how they'd act really. Lets hope we never have to find out eh?

Some people don't need to have people around them, even in a survival situation. I think it's hard to predict the future and peoples individual actions. We are all different and we can change in an instant depending on the situation. I may say now that i'd rather stay on my own in certain situations, but if the end of the world was nigh, who knows, you may find me running in your direction with filled pants!

I think you're right about being rude with it though. Not that i've seen anyone be particularly rude here, but i think it's important to be polite in your manner because we never know when we'll need some help.

CX.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIEGE
There's strength in numbers.

yes and no.

There is strength in the RIGHT KIND OF numbers. Fellow survivalists. Not sponges or mindless sheeple .. but strength in survivalist numbers. It's a cold hard fact that as far as survival and human numbers goes .. you have to be able to pull your own weight and/or bring something valuable to the survival table or you are out and on your own.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I would prefer to go it alone leading my family. I have been in in a survival sit many times and although i wouldnt say no to having a ATSer joining the ranks or tagging along i think it boils down to this.

We on ATS (Or many of us at least) seem to think along the same wavelength. We understand how pathetic and easily led the sheeple can be. Therefore in a Survival situation we would stand better chance as a loner against the enemy using the mindless sheeple as a cover rather than ganging up together and basically giving our game away. Too many wannabe leaders all with their good points would attract too much unwanted attention from the enemy. We could not act as the sheeple or infiltrate the sheeple we would stand out like a sore thumb.

Id rather pave the way myself with my family and i think i would be in a good position myself my sister and my brother all being ex military we have some great qualities, experience and training between us. I imagine it would be us 3 our partners and our children together.

As i said should an ats member turn up in my path i would not knock him back. He may have experience or intelligence useful to me so hell yes he/she could tag along.

Regional Rendezvous points is a possibility for those wanting to meet up in such a situation ie over here in the UK it could be a small town you all agreed on (Stay well away from large cities and especially the Capital city)
Obviously someone who lives in tht area whose is a member here on ATS would have a camp somewhere away from this RV. That way no one expcept a chosen person knows the location of the camp therefore not giving the position away. people who wanted to go there would meet at the RV at Dawn whereas a person would meet them and take them to the camp. The RV should only stay open for a week giving people enough time to get there as they may have to travel on foot.

This is what id do. And why at Dawn you may ask? Well no doubt they would be sleeping there the night before so a small recce party of mine would be within earshot during the night to verify if they are genuine people or a rouge party who wanted to overthrow our camp.

Sorry got carried away there

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
CX : You're right. I'm taking my chill pill now. (gulp!)
And you hit me where it hurts when you said don't paint everyone with the
same brush, - because you don't know their histories or backgrounds.

I got carried away thinking about all of those angry, Rambo-type
individuals that will find themselves becoming hostile, mean, indifferent,
and alone in a disaster situation that may require teamwork, kindness,
and consideration to get by, instead of one-up-manship.

This mentality of "loner-ness" really is only necessary when things have
gone from bad to worse and other options have failed. How much more
wood can a group gather? How much more food can they find? How much
more muscle can they lend? How much more spirit? And morale?
When will we ever learn?

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Siege My first instinct was to give it to you like you gave it to me. But as you said in your last post you don't know me you don't know what ive been thru. If you knew just one of those things you would know Ime not the Rambo type nor am I rude in less I feel ime being attacked, witch by the way I do feel I was attacked.
I never said I would be alone. I have a family to look after we have spent more time then I care to remember trying to get prepared. I under no circumstance will allow a complete stranger whom ive never meant come into my camp that My family is in and possibly in danger them. its not about me depending on me its about my wife, son, and daughter depending on me.
The fact of the matter is I really am a nice guy otherwise do you think I would even invite people in for a cup of coffee. No I would run them off with barrels blazing. Ime not that kind of person.
As for what ive survived man you have no idea nor will I share certain things haunt me to this day and don't need to be brought up. Just next time please don't assume anything about me. Or at least look at my other post Ime very active on this board, and you will see you have me pegged all wrong. I understand you might have been including others in it as well but it had the feeling of being aimed directly at me. ya know with the whole coffee bit.

CX

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   

CX : You're right. I'm taking my chill pill now. (gulp!)
And you hit me where it hurts when you said don't paint everyone with the
same brush, - because you don't know their histories or backgrounds.

I got carried away thinking about all of those angry, Rambo-type
individuals that will find themselves becoming hostile, mean, indifferent,
and alone in a disaster situation that may require teamwork, kindness,
and consideration to get by, instead of one-up-manship.

This mentality of "loner-ness" really is only necessary when things have
gone from bad to worse and other options have failed. How much more
wood can a group gather? How much more food can they find? How much
more muscle can they lend? How much more spirit? And morale?
When will we ever learn?

Nice reply Seige
Some good points there too.

The reason i brought up the thing about not knowing peoples history was partly down to recent events like Katrina. Many people had to survive through the event and the aftermath.

Also, last week i was sat talking to an old guy in my local and we got onto the subject of the army. Turns out he was a prisoner of war in Korea and he escaped after 6 months, he was dressed only in his underpants and he and his mate lived in Korean rivers for 3 weeks until they were found by some local children who luckily informed this guys home force. I think we sometimes forget the survival situations some people have already endured before now.

I can see your point about the "lonerness" issue. Some people are like that even before a survivalist scenario, thats not always a bad thing but it does mean you have to be very self reliant. It's ok when things are going well, but when something crops up and you are'nt able to do it, the loner may wish he/she had looked for company. Especially from a mdical point of view, who looks after the loner when he's badly injured or worse?

I think you are right when you say that going it alone will only be neccessary once all else has failed. The situation has got to be pretty dire when you can't rely on help from friends, family or the authorities.

CX.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Would people honestly trust a total stranger in a survival situation, alot of people will stab you in the back as soon as look at you. If it was me it would only be possible for me to accept an additional member if it was done slowly over time. Im not pretending im the ultimate survivalist, but untill i was sure they could pull their own weight and be fully trusted its unthinkable i could let them join me.

I would be happy to share resources, trade or whatever but without giving away my ability to split from them if i needed to.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I would not trust a total stranger, Its been proven time after time that some people really are out to hurt you. They want what you have worked for, and are to lazy to work for them selfs. Angry American you said you have a wife and a daughter?
You are right to be cautious In a major world survival event guys will be looking for slaves to trade for what they need. Its been proven this has happened in the past and is still happening in the present. Ask Daryl hanna She had a special not to long ago on present day slavery.

I woudnt even invite them in for a cup of coffee, I'me not really the trusting kind. Its a tuff call for me I want to be trusting but I have seen to much bad done to my fellow man, and myself to trust a stranger. Its a sad world we live in.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Nowhere is it written that one must immediately go from an inter-active
member of the community to a paranoia-filled, distrusting "loner" in order
to survive a disasterous situation. Everybody doesn't automatically become
your enemy. Isn't it what you make of it? Why do we want to survive?
Self-preservation for what purpose? To live alone?
If death is inevitable, why are we scared of it? Maybe we want to survive to carry-on our way of life, our way of thinking. But what about our
inter-acting with others? Do we just write them off, saying we want nothing
more to do with organized society? Will we lose what we've learned, our
sense of right and wrong, our goodness, our compassion?

I will be the first to offer you sanctuary in my camp. Come in, have some coffee. Relax. . . . . . . . . .we'll eat you in the morning. Ah, stew!
And we'll eat your little dog too! And your cat! Your parrot!

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I will be the first to offer you sanctuary in my camp. Come in, have some coffee. Relax. . . . . . . . . .we'll eat you in the morning. Ah, stew!
And we'll eat your little dog too! And your cat! Your parrot!

Ah so now the truth comes out your not nice your hungry.
Thanks for that SIEGE I needed a laugh, things have gotten a little tense on the boards the last couple of days.

Aristoi I had never really thought of that all I know is I will protect my family at all cost, even if it means being called rude. Nobody knows the true meaning of life but in my world the true meaning of life is to live at all cost. and to me living is my family. Lets lighten up folks and try to have some fun learning to live.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join