It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Caps for the Fascist Thugs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I hear the Police of England/wales will be getting the baseball caps as head dress, how apt as one normally equates baseball cap with hooligans. It seems in the UK now that our Police force has gone the way of our armed forces, that is a private one there for the protection of the rich, powerful and politicians. And of course for relieving us of our cash, shooting us at will with no provacation, killing us on our roads, intimidating people etc.

Lets face it there just a bunch of gun toting thugs now, power mad and dickless the lot of them. Dont bother with mundane stuff like crime, their not interested. No give them a fast car, a helicopter and a gun and their up for it. Tell them your house has been burgled, you have been mugged etc. and their not interested, in fact in some cases they dont even respond at all. Cutbacks they tell us, not enough resources, thats strange because when you see a celeb/politician on the telly the cops are everywhere, football matches, loads of cops, speeding motorist loads of cops.

Old lady beaten to death for her pension no cops, children murdered no cops, women raped no cops. Crime detection figures in the UK are abissmal, the cops are too busy looking after those who pay and those who are important. They have become to big for there boots and are acting outside of UK law and turning the country into a police state.

They say they need all this kit because of the WOT, what a load of sh+te, we had 30 years of IRA terrorism, bombs going off every week and we never had this crap off the police. At a time when we had real terror no one deemed it neccesary to arm the cops then so why now. I'll tell you why, its to intimidate us, their a threat to us not terrorists.

And as if these bozo's could protect us from would be terrorists anyway, all the money we spend on security and intel it did not stop 7/7 did it. No this lot are tooled up to control us the people not terrorists. When I see these fools in their combat gear they make me laugh, why, because there a joke, they dont prevent crime, they dont catch criminals and they are certainly not there to protect the people.

Welcome to the UK the new Nazi state of Europe a country where one once trusted the police and they who could be relied on to do the job they were paid to do, not any more.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
First i've heard of it.

And i never knew that all police were "gun toting thugs"
The police in Canterbury do not carry guns, am i missing something here?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Something tells me that Magicmushroom has had some sort of bad incident with the police lately...

The only place I've seen them carry guns routinely is outside places like Parliament, Downing Street, Buckingham Palace and so on when I've been visiting London as well as in airports. The local forces in this area aren't routinely armed.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Watch the language.

(and trying to be clever with the filter and trying to hide it is not on)

I know a couple of cops, they're like us all, a lot of good ones and a handful of bad ones that get remembered and who wreck the reputation of the good.

I bet most of the critics wouldn't stand 5 days in the job never-mind 5yrs.

It's a damned difficult job and a lot of the good they do goes unsung and gets completely over-shadowed every time some horrible mistake, accident or plain wrong incident happens.

Are the British Police perfect?
Of course not.

Are they so bad as to deserve comparisons with the nazis?
Don't be so damned stupid, of course not.
That kind of ridiculous claim simply is a total and ignorant disgrace, it's a vile insult to the terrible truth of what the nazis were.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Thank you for the replies thus far. No I have had no run ins with the police.

Sminkey

Why pick up on the Nazi issue, why not discuss the points I mentioned.
You think Germans thought like that in the mid 30s, no they did not they thought Hitler was the best thing that could happen to them, only time and fate said otherwise. Everything has a start, a middle and an ending, this is the start of it, give it time and you will see what is happening in this country and you will see a change in your couple of cops.

Oh and I know what you mean about terrible mistakes, like the unarmed man shot 9 times in the head and the pedestrian run down by a policeman whilst racing to a motorist with a flat battery, yes its horrible .

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Why pick up on the Nazi issue

- Er, cos you are the one who brought "fascists" and "nazi" up in your first post?

I never claimed they were perfection in each and every instance.
Casting up 'examples' of either horrible mistakes, accidents or the plain wrong doesn't alter the fact that by and large we have a good Police service in this country, by any fair historical and/or international comparison.

Funnily enough I have personal experience of how brutal some cops could be, I've also personal experience of how generous and human they can be too......neither 'proves' anything about the Police as a whole, right?

Sweeping generalisations, myth and personal anecdote aren't really too much use in this debate.....

.....but you won't find too many criticising the British Police in the terms you began this thread with.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Sminkey you picked out one item, the Nazis you did not discuss the points, you could have discussed anything I wrote but you choice not to so as far as I'm concerned you are either one of them or you cannot see its as simple as that.

What do you mean by good, give me an example.

Would you like to do a poll on the good police we have in the UK, I think you will be quite shocked at the result, but it does not matter time will prove me right.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Sminkey you picked out one item, the Nazis .....as far as I'm concerned you are either one of them or you cannot see its as simple as that.

- Oh dear.
Reduced to making silly little personal insults? Not very impressive.

If you honestly think the British Police Service(s) as a whole merit the terms "nazi", "fascist" and not forgetting "thug" then that's up to you but I don't think you'll get too much support in that.

Maybe you feel those terms aren't serious or worth commenting upon but I doubt I'm alone in spotting them nor in finding them absurd, wholly inappropriate and frankly downright offensive.

Interesting too how on the one hand you've made the (ridiculous and contradictory) claim that we're at the point of being a Police state and yet on the other you claim the country is lawless.

Maybe these points will help you see why I didn't think you had any actual serious points to address?

.....and if you're going to cite what happened or did not happen during the British Police's (and MI5 for that matter) anti-IRA/terrorist actions taken in the last 30yr round of 'the troubles' in Northern Ireland then at least have a clue as to what went on across that part of Britain.

Northern Ireland is after-all technically still a part of the UK.
We had trials without jury, routinely armed Police
(and all that meant for accidents, horrible mistakes and the plain out and out wrong),
armed check points on major routes stopping and searching traffic
(ditto),
evidence of instances of murderous collusion with terrorist gangs on 'the other side,
and how about a routine 'stop and search' (frisking and bag searches) on entering almost every shop in town......

.....or are you just making claims and gauging these things by what you think you know happened only in the English, Scottish and Welsh parts of the UK during those 30 or so years?

[edit on 13-1-2007 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Sminkey, What insult, you have your views I have mine you called me ignorant yet you know site me for insulting you. I have not contradicted myself I stated that the police do not do the job that they are paid to do, that is prevent/solve crime and protect the British public, one does not need a police state to do either.

And subject matter expert please tell me where during the IRA years did we have armed police on the streets, identity cards, police video's of peacful demonstrations etc. none terrorists charged under terrorist legislation. We did not have them during that time did we, so with all those terrorist attacks we had no draconian legislation did we so why now.

No I dont suppose those who objected to Hitler and his gang got much support either did they. Not many like to draw correlations between what the Nazis did and what we are all capable of its rather unsettling so we choose not to face our demons.

Its good the way you disregard the wrongdoing of the police as if its no problem, oh accidents happen etc. I'm still waiting for an example of all the good the police do. I dont pay my taxes to be told by the police what I can and cannot do in my own country, but its ok you will see the light one day.

And its just typical that those who dont want to hear the truth riddicule those who try to enlighten others, way to go expert.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Having worked/lived in both the UK and the US, I can assure you that the British police are quite possibly the best in the World.

As for "gun toting", that is somewhat more than ironic since the UK police force is practically the only force in the World that is not routinely armed.

As for the baseball caps - there you have a point.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ste2652
Something tells me that Magicmushroom has had some sort of bad incident with the police lately...

The only place I've seen them carry guns routinely is outside places like Parliament, Downing Street, Buckingham Palace and so on when I've been visiting London as well as in airports. The local forces in this area aren't routinely armed.

LOL..

Most people who hate the "pigs" usually got caught at some point doing something stupid. Like a crime. And are angry that they got caught.. and feel it is their right to do what ever jack@%^^ thing they did.

Time to grow up my friend.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Apologies for not answering sooner, I'd missed this one.

Sminkey, What insult, you have your views I have mine you called me ignorant yet you know site me for insulting you.

- I have referred to this view as ignorant, it was not a general description of yourself.

I have not contradicted myself I stated that the police do not do the job that they are paid to do, that is prevent/solve crime and protect the British public, one does not need a police state to do either.

- You're just quibbling.

Clearly they are doing the job they are paid to do.

You might not like their effectiveness at it but they are doing it.

And subject matter expert please tell me where during the IRA years did we have armed police on the streets, identity cards, police video's of peacful demonstrations etc. none terrorists charged under terrorist legislation. We did not have them during that time did we, so with all those terrorist attacks we had no draconian legislation did we so why now.

- Er, we did actually.

In Northern Ireland we had all the Police routinely armed.

Armed Police were posted at British airports and ports.

We had 'security checks' on entering most town stores (ie frisking and bag checking, male and female by male and female 'security staff').

Our towns centres and shopping areas were sealed off at night-time with the roads in and out closed with a physically heavy & substantial, locked, usually swinging steel gate type, barrier.

There was almost no town or city parking as concrete filled barrels (about 4 foot high) lined the road sides in almost all our towns as an anti-car-bomb measure.

We had army and Police road check points dotted all over the province with random checks thrown up any time almost anywhere.
During various large-scale strikes in the 1980's restrictions on movement were applied in the rest of the UK.

Many people were simply barred under the 'Prevention of Terrorism Act' from travelling from Northern Ireland to the rest of the UK (effectively living in 'internal exile' in the UK).

We had routine and general helicopter and aircraft surveillance.

We had routine filming of marches and peaceful demonstrations.....and so were things like 'Troops out' and some anti-Gov demos in the rest of the UK as the 1980's wore on.

We had a driving licence with credit-card sized plastic card that carried a laser etched picture which was only valid for 10 years and so had to be updated every 10 years so as to keep the photo up-to-date
(ie it was basically a photo ID card for the majority of the adult populace).

The UK got the first anti-terrorist legislation in 1974
(note from the link that since 1984 it began to take account of international terrorism and not just 'Irish terrorism')
which included several "draconian" measures.

We had trial without jury and the ever lengthening period of being held without formal charges introduced.

prevention of terrorism law link

We also now know that elements of the British Crown forces colluded with terrorists in the murder of other British civilians.
Police colluded with terrorist killers

As people would say over here - you don't know the half of it'

But like I said, if you're going to talk about Northern Ireland then at least do it from a stand-point of knowing what actually went on here, cos your description of it so far is very wide of the mark.

Nothing that has been suggested in the rest of the UK to date comes even close to this little lot (and that's not exactly it all either).

Its good the way you disregard the wrongdoing of the police as if its no problem, oh accidents happen etc.

- I don't deny any "wrong-doing" but neither am I going to try and make absurd claims that a few examples of this "wrong-doing" mean the entire Police service is inept, corrupt or in any way 'fascist'.

I'm still waiting for an example of all the good the police do.

- I really don't think you are and if you really are then I suggest you open your eyes.

I dont pay my taxes to be told by the police what I can and cannot do in my own country, but its ok you will see the light one day.

- Well, you do actually, same as the rest of us.

We live in an agreed democratic society where our laws are intended to apply to all and the Police are there to try and enforce that.

And its just typical that those who dont want to hear the truth riddicule those who try to enlighten others, way to go expert.

- If you're going to come on shouting silly nonsense then expect to be challenged.
(that's not the same as being ridiculed.)
It doesn't take an 'expert' to do that.

As I've shown you obviously had little idea of what went on in a part of the UK for 30 or more years (and the bulk of that under 'direct rule') during the troubles in Northern Ireland.

[edit on 3-2-2007 by sminkeypinkey]

new topics

top topics

join