It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They need a grocery store just for old people who wander aimlessly!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It must take these old people literally six hours to buy a package of ground beef and some Hamburger Helper. They want to stop and look at every item in the whole freakin' store, not to buy it mind you, but just to stare at it. They park their cart right in the middle of the freakin' isle and then they wander off to God knows where. Then it seems that everytime I want a steak there's some old timer standing right in front of the steaks with cart going through every package of meat for 3 hours! I guess they're checking the marbling or something I don't know. Then I get up to check out and they're in front of you going through the whole coupon debacle trying to find the Polident coupon out of thousands and thousands of unorganized coupons that are falling on the floor as they're talking to the cashier about God knows what and the cashier is obviously not interested and just wants her own life to end.

They should have a grocery store just for old people.

Peace

[edit on 11-1-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I feel your pain, but it's not just the grocery store, it happens in every department or super store I shop at. Don't matter the time of the day or where, but I always pick the wrong line or wrong aisle and end up behind either the very slow or very old.

when I get too old, I'm going to stick to shopping from tv and catalogs

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Dr. Love, your wearing the wrong sunglasses. If you had picked up the "other" pair, you'd see that . . . you sleep; they live.

Those aren't oldsters. They are alien lizards with their "hologram skin" programs up and running.

They are going slow because earth's atmosphere is so dense, they are litterally swimming in it. But the hologram hypnotizes you into thinking it's just an old fart taking all day.

They are offworlders, and are so fascinated by all the polluted crap they can feed us, that they are trying not to laugh, and at the same time, find a piece of meat that hasn't been crammed with "tag-ints" the little poisonous radio ID tags that emmit radiation and cause cancer.

Follow them. Eat what they eat (not the same was what they have in their cart, though . . .)

Ever notice that when Ickey and the other Repto-phobics always allege that some ostensible member of the human elite is an alien . . .

It's always an OLD human.

George Bush 41. The Queen of England. Solana. etc. No one accuses Paris Heelton or Britni Speers of being a lizard---because they are young and can move to fast.

It's the old ones that have been substituted. Walter Cronkite. Dan Rather. Brokaw. Etc.

Just like they plan to replace you, when you get "old" . . .

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Dr., I don't think the old people I run into at the store are aliens because they don't have those watches that the aliens talk in to to report back to base that "Dr. Love can see us".

Always look for the watch, it's the only thing Rowdy Roddy Piper ever taught me.

Peace

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Or how about the Old Lady in line in front of you who insists on paying with exact change. She's going through her change purse and handbag to find the 3 pennies needed to finish the transaction.

I have a plan that usually works. I'll look at my watch and say "Holy Mackeral! Matlock starts in 5 minutes!" Works like a charm!

And when the old guy is standin' there lookin' at every steak, with his cart behind him in the middle of the aisle, try this. Crazy glue the wheels of his cart to the floor. When he finally chooses the meat that's perfect and he gets ready to move that cart, He'll be so surprised!

Or this one works real good too. Try carryin' a microwave oven on the top of your cart. When those old people are standin' around in your way, pretend like you're going to be turnin' that microwave oven on. Those old people with their fancy pacemakers will move out of your way pronto!

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

They should have a grocery store just for old people.

Peace

[edit on 11-1-2007 by Dr Love]

You and I must shop at the same store. Aldi's in Lee's Summit, Missouri. I can so relate to this!

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I can relate to this thread because my Grandmother lived with me for several years. She would decide that she needed "a few" items from the store and 3 hours later I was unloading enough groceries to supply a neighborhood food pantry. I try to remind myself that someday I too will be old and I hope that my children will have compassion and understanding, but it is so hard to watch somebody go from being a totally self-sufficient person to someone that is childlike in many respects. We all start out as children and many end up being in essentially the same state as they age.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Awwwwe, you need to give old people a break. If you actually think for one minute that you're gonna be any different from them at their age, you are completely wrong. Old is old is old. And you'll be there one day and some kid will be writing about your slowness on an ATS type forum. LOL!!!!!!!

What I have noticed is that old people rule the world early in the morning.
They are the crowd that hits the grocery store at 8:00am. Yep, they look at everything in the store. Why? Cause they're bored, retired, with going to the grocery store being the highlight of their day sometimes. And what do I see every old person buying? Orange juice with extra calcium. This is a staple in every old persons grocery cart.

If we live long enough, we're all going to be there one day folks.
Yep, old, wrinkly and ugly.
The folly of youth..........

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I am pretty old, and I don't block the aisles. I want to get in there and out as soon as possible. Why? Because I hate waiting to get by someone that has 3 kids hanging on a cart, jumping up and down on it and screaming and screeking to the pitch that would drive a dog insane! These same kids are in line at the check out, begging and screaming and being disrespectful, mouthing off things my son never even dared to say! I have left numerous times before I got all I needed for this very reason. But I guess if the parent smacked em on the bottom, the police would be called...huh? Any wonder why the kids have the upper hand these days, even the very very young children.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpyderLady
These same kids are in line at the check out, begging and screaming and being disrespectful, mouthing off things my son never even dared to say! I have left numerous times before I got all I needed for this very reason. But I guess if the parent smacked em on the bottom, the police would be called...huh? Any wonder why the kids have the upper hand these days, even the very very young children.

Yep! And still people wonder........what's wrong with kids nowadays?
I can't understand why people can't figure this one out.
You are one of the many reasons I have respect for my elders.......wisdom.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Kids have the upperhand because a parent's right to discipline has been taken away. There is also the fact that parents have had it drummed into their heads that corporal punishment is wrong and children should be made to feel good about themselves no matter the cost. We are raising and setting loose on the world scores of children that think the world owes them something without having to work for it. It's a load of cow manure in my opinion. I have not really had to use corporal punishment with my kids but we made sure that they are respectful. Not to say that I never, just that it was not used that much. I would not put up with the stuff that you see going on in the store. People can still raise respectful children without beating them, but it takes work and I think some would rather throw up their hands and let the kids run the show.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'm a 43 year-old male. The only thing that kept me in line as a kid was my Dad.
I was not afraid of my Mom at all, but she would threaten me if I was bad, "You wait til your Dad gets home." You see, you didn't want to mess with my Dad or get him angry because he'd make your life pure hell. If I got out of line, my Mom would come after with her bedroom slipper. But my dad used the belt. And boy, you just did not want to get the belt. Not only did it hurt, but my Dad's ferocious roar and anger was enough to make you wish you were dead. Was my Dad abusive? Not at all. We got along great and I still love my Dad dearly. Was what he did right? I can honestly say that I deserved half the butt-whippings I got. Did it kill me or cause me to grow up mentally unstable? No. What good did it do? It taught me to be good, to be respectful and mindful of the decisions I make in life.

Kids are screwed up nowdays because they have no discipline, and in many cases no real love.....plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
i can relate to this. but which one could we all say is worse? the slow old ppl or that one fuctionally retarded casheir who takes 45 mins to check you out?

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
While I agree that it can be a pain in the butt at times, I look at it like this.

A good percentage of those old folks more than likely fought to keep your
country free, so you can shop whenever and where ever you like.

So my thoughts are they can take all the time they want. Annoying as it
may be at times.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
We should all learn to respect our elders. They are our connection to the past.
They're just like you and I. Soul's floating in a vessel. It's just that their body is finally getting old and breaking down. That can't be helped.....so you gotta give them a break. But I do believe after the age of 75 they should be tested for driving every year. Some dangerous old people out there that should not be behind the wheel....and I say that kindly.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I agree completely with RocknRoll on the driving part. My Grandma gets dizzy sometimes just walking across the room and it worries me to no end that someday that will happen while she is driving; but my Mom is afraid if she takes away her car that she will just give up. I love my Gran so much and it is really hard to see a woman that used to be so capable, change into someone that seems so unsure of herself at times. She has went from someone that would have never left the house without a haircheck and lipstick, clothes always perfectly ironed to someone who usually has spots on her clothes and just doesn't worry about it anymore. Watching the changes that our elders go through is heartbreaking at times. You want so badly for them to be who they were when you growing up, but alas, you have to accept them for who they are now. Just realize when you are irritated at that senior in the store that someday that is going to be you. Try to have compassion.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
That sounds alot like my grandma according to what my mom says...

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
Or how about the Old Lady in line in front of you who insists on paying with exact change. She's going through her change purse and handbag to find the 3 pennies needed to finish the transaction.

Heh, you beat me to it, I find that so bothersome too!
But still, what about the old lady that pays by personal cheque, first she digs out her cheque book, takes 10 minutes to fill it out, and another 5 minutes to tear it out of the pad!

It funny, about the exact change thing, do they think they are doing us all a favour by minimizing the transactions?

Down with old people!:bnghd:

[edit on 14-1-2007 by Toadmund]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
"They need a grocery store just for old people who wander aimlessly!"

Dont they already have a place like that?
Wal-Mart

top topics

join