It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Ghosthunting....?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
That's a theory that I've never heard of. It doesn't mean it's not a factor..I'll check that too, but, wow, I didn't see this one coming. Interesting read for sure, Thanks!

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
To the anonymous poster,

Noted, Drapes, wooden headboard, Fung Shui,

Got it, thanks.

Cuhail

I'm glad I looked at the PostAnon board.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Cuhail, just make sure that if you catch anything in a photo or video you share it with us immediately. If you do happen to catch something floating outside her window then it will pretty much settle the matter. It may turn out to be exactly what the girl says it is. Some children can sense things that adults cannot, and because adults cannot sense them they often try to explain away the experiences of children.

If you're going to do this I hope you do it without delay before the whole thing ceases. Actually, I hope it does cease very soon for the child's sake.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
Cuhail, just make sure that if you catch anything in a photo or video you share it with us immediately. If you do happen to catch something floating outside her window then it will pretty much settle the matter. It may turn out to be exactly what the girl says it is. Some children can sense things that adults cannot, and because adults cannot sense them they often try to explain away the experiences of children.

If you're going to do this I hope you do it without delay before the whole thing ceases. Actually, I hope it does cease very soon for the child's sake.

Absolutely! How could I ask you all for help and then leave you guys in the dark? This weekend I think is when I'm going over there. I've gotten a LOT of good advice in this thread, and if it IS a ghost-like being I catch on film, I hereby PROMISE to share the results of my findings.

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Wow ,a very interesting thread,hope you figure this one out,I'm very curious if it's simply bad dreams.good luck to you.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
An update...

Well, I shot a link to this thread to CC and she read all we've had to say. She thanked me for posting it originally and passed on thanks to all of you guys as well. She and her daughter decided the first thing to do was take a few minutes, kneel down and do some serious praying. When they finished praying, her daughter looked at CC and said "Thanks Mom, I finally feel free". (Eek, what a thing to hear from an 8-year-old girl who carries no real religeous beliefs.) We are waiting to see if anything pops up again before we start doing anything else. I'm cautiously hopeful. We'll see.

I'll let ya know.
Cuhail

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The reason ghosts will drain a battery in a device is because this is basicly food for the spirit. Ghosts for some unknown reason are energy collectors. While the living are energy exporters. This is why lights flicker on and off when a ghost is arround. Also this will explain the drop in temprature.

Cheap alternatives to track and capture this ghost could be simple or as complex as you wish. I was going to try and use a laser beam that was hooked up to a computer and a digital camera to capture a picture every time the beam was crossed. One laser could be bounced arround the room in a grid and if given the properties of a ghost are constant the energy might be displaced enough to cause a break in the beam to automaticly cause the camera to take a picture.

Also take a reading of the temprature in the room and keep an eye on it ghosts draw the heat out of a room. Energy displacement. So if the temparature drops a certan amount you can set your computer up to start recording at that moment. kinda like a temprature trigger.

Other ideas could come Just ask.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Hey the Laser Beam idea sounds really neat,I will look into building something like that for some future suspect houses I visit.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I don't think I've heard a bad idea yet on this thread. Thanks everybody. I haven't heard from CC yet as to how things are progressing (or degressing) with the situation, but, don't hesitate to keep dropping technique on me, I'm learning quite a bit.

Thanks all!

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Thank you all for your input & Murph for your help in putting this out there. I finally have a moment to put the rest of the story out here.
My daughter, age 8, broke her ankle doing gymnastics. She has been in the cast since Dec 2nd and will get it off Jan 24th woohoo! Overall happy kid, very responsible. WHat happened- she came into my room last Sunday night approx 4 a.m. very frightened, had hives all over her (she gets hives in stressfu situations) and even woke up her 6 year old little sister to leave the room as well. She said a lady wearing a mask outside her window calling her name was back. The mask is a "faceless" mask- so to her it appears as a mask, I am wondering if faceless. She is calling her name, she only knows it is female by the voice and "finger nails". My daughter says when she feels like she is waking up, she is afraid to open her eyes, because at that point she feels that presence over her, (my daughter has her blanket over her head), she feels like she is afraid to move or cannot move and hears her calling her name much louder as if closer. My daughter - Courtney insists that this thing by this point is literally on the other side of the blanket. She has had this re-occuring dream roughly about 1 year. She also made a point od saying "Mom she knows that my ankle is broken (and she sleeps on the top bed of a bunk bed) and that now I cannot just run away) I donot know what to think - I just know I will not be one of those parents that is going to tell my child, "It was just a dream or you're seeing things" etc. Whatever it was it was real to my baby girl and I have never seen fear in my child's eyes as I did that morning. UPDATE: I bought blinds and put them up that night (prior to the blinds they had curtains in their room, now they have BOTH), I put up a cross over her bed, window and door way. I have been making her war my cross around her neck. I consulted with some friends that have had some paranormal experiences, I figured that information combined with my faith (catholic), my beliefs and the power of prayer we could do something about this and trust me I am not a holy roller but I do believe in God and prayer. She and I went into her room, on our knees and prayed. I also chanted you are not welcome here, go to the light, go home to god, you are not welcome here. After all of this we left the room, about an hour later my daughter looks at me and says "Mom I know this sounds like I am lying,thank you for believing me, I feel freed." I also have a baby monitor back in their room and though the girls have been sleeping together in on ebed all week, at least they made it back to their room. First couple nights were rough but I assured my daughter that this spirit was now an angel. I also explained if she ever saw anything like that donot invite it in, donot talk to it. Now I know all of this sounds crazy- I never thought it a million years I would even be talking about this with my close friends, let alone on a website. I also never thought I would even have been on my knees chanting into the air- you are not welcome here. But when you see your child with that kind of fear in their eyes, you will be amazed at what you will believe.
You can never pray too much and even if this is some reoccuring dream, pychological, as Murphy's g-friend Giselle says, I gave Courtney the power to be pro-active and she feels like she did something about it. If this was "real" then hopefully we got rid of this entity. I, personally am afraid of scary movies, etc. and when my daughter told me about this I was absolutely freaking out (not in front of her) it scared the heck out of me. After we prayed togther- there was a very peaceful feeling around here, I wasn't even afraid anymore. Oh well I just wanted to share the rest of the story, read all of your input, thank you all for your input, and I will keep u posted. Thanks to you Murph for introducing me to this forum
Cece

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thank you Cece for jumping in and explaining. I couldn't relay that if I tried...and I did try. Glad you guys are feeling better.

And don't worry about being seen as crazy, because it's rampant here. We're all crazy, we're all dillusional and we all are SURE, but, we don't understand why.

Look around a bit, then come back and say you sound crazy. It's only when I see the connections that I think I'm crazy...(Sheesh, Reptillian Aliens?!?
)

Don't sweat it, keep us updated,
Murphy

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Cecegirl,

That was great news. Thanks for letting us know that things have improved for you and your daughter. As a Catholic you are probably aware of many sacramentals. Two of the best sacramentals for warding off evil are Holy Water and Blessed Salt. I highly recommend that you sprinkle Holy Water in your daughters sleeping area every night before she goes to bed...especially sprinkle it on the window sill where she saw the masked woman.

Also, it would be a good idea to sprinkle Blessed Salt on the window sill and around her room...it, too, is a powerful sacramental against any evil intruders. There is usually a Holy Water dispenser in all Catholic churches so that anyone who wants some can help themselves to it for free. This may be more protection than is necessary, but even if it is, it is better to have more than you need than not enough.

God bless you and all of your family.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Thanks Murph & Giselle- I love you guys! I really appreciate all your help and Murph you did a GREAT job relaying the info onto this site. Not to mention how many friends can you go to with this type of stuff and say "I know this sounds crazy but what do u think". Fortunatley between their advice and another friend of mine (that they donot know) yet gave the same advice and seems to be working for the moment!

I am still curious as to what others theories on this are- I've always tried to be open to these sort of things, however I can say that this recent happening in our home has made me quite hesitant. I think I am in the mind frame right now as to not welcome ANYTHING, perhaps even shutting those senses off! LOL
Also Skyway thank you for the advice about the holy water & salt and kind words. And the blessings to my family, please extend mine to your family as well.
Will check in with you all soon!

Cece

top topics

<< 1   >>

join