It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth You People Can't Handle The Truth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

How many of you think you could handle the truth about ET?

In what form would the Truth need to be deliver in?

What do you think would happen if ET popped up next to you?

What do you think would happen if ET was to land on the lawns of every major city?

What do you think would happen with full disclosure right now?

The supermod and expert in middle eastern affairs or something Interpeied thinks that people on ATS "long for it"? Sigh

What are your thoughts?

AA

JSR

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
i think he is right.

people are not looking for full dissclosure from you.
people want what you your self have promissed.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   

"How many of you think you could handle the truth about ET?"
As we have no idea what it is, It's impossible to say.

"In what form would the Truth need to be deliverd in?"
It would need to fulfill the empirical criteria for existence used to define the existence of other naturally occuring phenomena .

"What do you think would happen if ET popped up next to you?"
I suspect I would be surprised, then confused, there would be a lot of commotion in the office probably followed by most people leaving the building, I suspect then the police would be called.

"What do you think would happen if ET was to land on the lawns of every major city?"
It would be classified as a full blown invasion, I suspect people would be told to stay indoors until the government was able to establish some sort of communication with whatever co-ordinated it.

"What do you think would happen with full disclosure right now?"
It would depend on what was disclosed.

"The supermod and expert in middle eastern affairs or something Interpeied thinks that people on ATS "long for it"? Sigh"
It's impossible to long for something when you have no idea what that thing is.

"What are your thoughts?"
I think you should define your questions and possibly provide a more specific scenario for people to discuss.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
i think after the initial shock wore off people would learn to live with the fact that we arent alone in the universe.after all the worlds survived 8 years of gw bush.if we can handle that we can handle anything!

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
From a personal point of view, i would absolutely crap my pants if anything, human or not was stood in my bedroom in the middle of the night. However if crafts started showing up around the world and nobody knew what their intentions were then mass panic would break out amongst the majority of the population.

If they were to land, state their intentions and clearly meant no harm, im sure most would welcome them and look forwad to the possibilities.

It depends on what 'the truth' is as to whether or not we could handle it. To people like myself, it would be an awakening and answers would finally arrive, tht is afterall what most of the people on ATS are seeking. For the people of various faiths it would be the hardest as it would invalidate everything they have believed for thousands of years. I imagine they would be unwilling to believe and aim to destroy the source that brought 'the truth'. This is why we still do not know. Once the world has become a world where the unknown can be accepted and religion is less influential, we will start to understand.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Agenda

I'll be the judge of what truth I can handle, not you or anybody else!

Count me as #1

Consistently accurate and apologetic for keeping it silent thus far!

I’d offer it some milk and cookies, then I’d ask to speak to Rudolf.

What do you think would happen if ET was to land on the lawns of every major city?

A whole lot of lawn re-lining!

I personally don't need them to tell me that what I know is, in fact, what I know cos, well, I already know!

But the majority of other people do need to know, so I’d suggest quitting the tired & old ‘cover up’ dinosaur routine, get on with the FULL disclosure already!

The supermod and expert in middle eastern affairs or something Interpeied thinks that people on ATS "long for it"? Sigh

Duhh!

[edit on 11-1-2007 by phanton]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I think I could handle the truth...

And so would many other people, but I think it would be difficult to handle for religious people.

I would want the truth right in front of my doorstep, otherwise photo shop could still be any framers best friend. And even videoclips can easily be faked.

I have no idea what would happen if I'd see an ET next to me. Logically I'd be scared at first. What happens after that depends on whether or not this alien comes in peace

If ET's would land in every Major city, panic will ofcourse break loose at first. TV stations would be all over it, as would all those alien believers with their x-files t shirts on. After that, once again it would depend on whether or not these aliens want to be our friends.

I couldn't say what would happen with full disclosure...

And sure people are longing for it. But what's wrong with that?

Those were my thoughts

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

What are your thoughts?

I think if you lack the respect to avoid the phrase, "You People", or to spell another poster's handle correctly, you exhibit a complete lack of character and maturity.

Who exactly is exhibiting a fearful outlook here? You? Implying some kind of wide-ranging inablility to accept reality? (Projection anyone?) Or me? Scratching my head and wondering what crawled up your rear and scared you so bad?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
No use saying alienagenda

people are in such a state of denial that with the help of some good old brainwashing from so many TV shows, even if the ETs were right in front of their noses right now, their cognitive dissonance will kick in and dismiss what is in front of them to be just a fantasy much like they would approach a sci-fi movie with doubt in the back of their heads that reminds them that its just a show and not real.

This is the same approach in which people deal with such case as Billy Meiers. The facts are just too harsh to bear and their defensive mechanism kicks in erecting emotional barriers to it by rationalizing it away as a hoax.

It's much like post traumatic distress syndrome people suffer from after some traumatic experiences. Their minds withdraws to the safe haven of their own inner fantasy world where it feels safe. Their ability to objectively see the world is unduly affected and they cannot connect to the realities around them as it is but with full of selective focus and in most cases they don't focus on reality at all. This obviously creates a mad loop of prior traumatic events being automatically played out inside their heads like a broken record over and over again which they see and experience the immediate world through. Now this can go on indefinitely until the person loses all proportion and sense of reality which often leads to schizophrenia or neurotic and psychotic disorder.

Denial is a natural form of the mind/emotion defenses but once all proportion and balance is lost, so does one's ability to cope with reality.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by newinitiation
This obviously creates a mad loop of prior traumatic events being automatically played out inside their heads like a broken record over and over again which they see and experience the immediate world through.

Bollocks!

Now this can go on indefinitely until the person loses all proportion and sense of reality which often leads to schizophrenia or neurotic and psychotic disorder.

Rubbish!

Denial is a natural form of the mind/emotion defenses but once all proportion and balance is lost, so does one's ability to cope with reality.

You don't speak for everyone, you can't! By summarising an entire planetary population in your cheap psycho babble, indicates that your full of it!

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Alien Agenda,

You have proven your lack of credibility time and time again. I have told you repeatedly what I needed to even BEGIN to believe your claims, I have even went to lengths to prove your theories. You obviously do not care what we think about what form aliens should come in, or what we would do if an alien appeared next to us. Heck, you already answered that for us in your other threads. If I remember correctly, you said each of us would 'crap our pants'.

Now, instead of creating a new thread and asking a bunch of hypothetical questions, how about you get in your other thread and start answering some.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
"people are in such a state of denial etc..."

This entire statement doesn't hold water. Your drawing comparisons between modern man and the anecdotal observations of primative cultures observing modern ships for the first time.

I believe the story goes that they refered to them as whales as whales were the closest thing their minds could draw comparison to.

Its an example often sited by cognative psychologists as a way of explaining how we may react when facing the unknown. Another example is the invisible brontosaur, that being if one should be walking down the street and meet a brotosaur, the brain wouldn't see it because it's understanding of reality ( that there are no brontosaurs ) supercedes it's ocular cognitive functions.

I think Douglas Adams makes a big deal of that one.

Naturally both examples are complete poppycock. Modern humans are perfectly able to percieve that which they previously believed was impossible, they simply require the time and body of proof to enable them to accept it.

If a stereotypical Gray"Alien" appeared in front of them, most likely they would first percieve it as a deformed human, then, they would readjust their world view and accept it as an alien. Then they would apply other reasoning to discern how it had appeared, if they were unable to do so they would look to higher authority for an explanation and so long as that explanation contained sufficient "proof" they would accept it.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
My thoughts. hmmm. Let's see...

I think I can handle the truth. I think the majority can handle the truth. The truth can be delivered in whatever way makes it comprehensible.

The rest of your questions are way too hypothetical.

I don't think you know what "the truth" is any more than I do. In fact, my personal opinion is that you're significantly farther away from it than I am.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The skeptics Mantra is that the weight of evidence should be equal to the distance a new concept is divergent from the current scientificly accepted situation.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
How many 30+ page threads does AA deserve? Every time one of his posts gets shut down, or threatened to be shut down, AA begins a new post with an equally inflammatory/outrageous title.

We've gone from "Proof Positive of Alien Comms" to "Alien Communication and the Evolution Homo Sapiens IS Now Underway" and now "The Truth You People Can't Handle The Truth".

Not to mention that his oh-so brilliant alien friends couldn't even tell him whether some piece of scrap metal he bought off of ebay was of alien orgin or not. (See linked thread)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

For all his claims, he's offered only smoke-and-mirrors as proof, and he's often contradicted himself when responding to questions, not to mention the fact that he outright ignores or ridicules those who doubt him.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Many think so, few can.

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth is not available to us. Not even to the aliens, they're just higher up the chain.

Another sentient entity will become apparent in my visual range and frequency.

People don't know, only think they know. It's not happening anyway. Why would it?

Will never happen.

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are that you potentially are bringing some reasonable food for thought to the table but the execution of these threads has been really poor. I think I am a particularly smart person also but I realise one of my weaknesses is communication. If you had the same realisation, took a little more time, I think your stay at ATS would have been a whole lot smoother because I do think you have something of benefit. Just my thoughts as you asked.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I am sure all can, if they choose to. I use as a basis for comparison my own self, though.

Every form possible, unfortunatly not always percieved by individuals, since it is not what they know to seek, because it is not compatible with self preserve. The TRUTH is the TRUTH, and the TRUTH is not confined nor definable by the expectations of peoples opinions.

A question and answer session.

The news would not report it, not immediatley anyways.

Many things. The responses would be varying, and in accordance with what individual intentionality allows for. Because if the response is not in accordance with individual intentionality, then their internal defense mechanisms will not permit them to percieve it. Since it would be detrimental to their psyche, the instinct of self preservation kicks in and takes the drivers seat.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Can you please tell me what the point of making a thread with a sensationalist title (ATS formally apologizes to Mr. Nicholson) in which you say absolutely nothing substantive with the exception of calling out a member of our staff?

Because the point seems to be lost on me.

Intentionally misspelling someone's username is a rather poor attempt at setting yourself up as more important than the other person. If you need to familiarize yourself with the spelling of intrepid's name you can look on the home page where the staff is listed. A staff he was chosen to join because of his status as an upstanding top of the line contributor and member of ATS.

If you're trying to establish yourself by putting others down and by making blustery empty posts, it's going to stop now.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xfile
i think after the initial shock wore off people would learn to live with the fact that we arent alone in the universe.after all the worlds survived 8 years of gw bush.if we can handle that we can handle anything!

This is an example of a really serious case of "tunnel vision". No really, an example of the people here that are so fixated on Bush that they pathologically (as in due to mental illness) cannot write a post on any other topic without mentioning Bush. This thread is about UFO disclosure, after all. Not everything in the universe is about Bush.

Seriously, get help.

OK, so please continue on this topic because it's interesting to me and I've often contemplated the effect of disclosure on the human race. The first thing that always comes to mind is the religiouos aspect. Most religions are 'human-centric", and thus do not even touch the possiblity of other intelligent life. You think muslims, for example, hate western civilization? How are they going to react to the "infidels" from Alpha Centauri, or whatever? Same goes for fundamentalist Christians. They think man is made in God's image, right? What if the aliens think they are, instead, and they (of course) look way different? Not sure how Hindus or Buddhists would react. Anyone else have insight on that?

So, I think disclosure is going to turn the world upside down. I also think that whomever is sitting on this knowledge thinks the same thing, too.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Alien Agenda, did ATS kill your previous popular post?

I'v noticed something weird, is that it seems that ATS moderators are acting strangely lately. A friend of mine got banned silently, which is no reason given, can't log in anymore, and they don't reply to his emails.

And each time we get to the point where we have interesting things to discuss, people gets shut down...

Smell fishy IMO.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join