It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And It Begins...Iran !!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
news.sky.com...

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

[edit on 11/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Very interesting find.

I've read this on another site:

US troops will go on the offensive against hostile operations by Iran and Syria in Iraq, the White House said Wednesday, in extracts from the new war plan for the violence-riven country.

Wouldn't this in theory mean that the US is at war with Syria and Iran, particularly when assaulting Iranian and Syrian officials directly?

Hopefully this won't escalate the situation.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Wouldn't this in theory mean that the US is at war with Syria and Iran, particularly when assaulting Iranian and Syrian officials directly?

As you said, in theory, yes it would mean that the US is at war with Syria and Iran. But i think its not "official" until a declaration has been given.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
www.debka.com...

Yep here on DEBKA it has been reported as well...

I did post that link in another post, but this does seem to be more fitting. War with iran...no wonder he wanted 20,000 extra troops for the area and all those ships and aircraft racing to the gulf area.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
its pointed out in the report that the raid took place @ 3AM local time.

?what's the story behind that?
do the staff reside at the office? was this the standard practice or was the staff working in a 'lock-down' mode? or was this the 3rd shift?
just why was a 3AM raid scheduled & carried out, (successfully)?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
They must be, this is dumb.

Its a stupid thing to do. There are 20,000 more troops about to come on station and a carrier group to reach the Gulf and yet before any of that manpower becomes available they go and "raid" an Iranian consulate?

I seriously think someone in the US chain of command is either losing it or has lost it, especially after they pulled resources away to do whatever dirty work is afoot in Somalia.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
if the iranians are assisting the insurgency in iraq abusing their diplomatic status that makes them fair game.its a safe bet that intel received was cause for raid and evidence of complicity will be found.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xfile
if the iranians are assisting the insurgency in iraq abusing their diplomatic status that makes them fair game.its a safe bet that intel received was cause for raid and evidence of complicity will be found.

They have gone crazy. You can't start a war on each and every front you like. That's the mistake Hitler made as well. One of the major reason for losing the war. I am not comparing the US to Nazi Germany - just from a purely strategic point of view.

Rather sooner than later a big and violent war will break out between Sunni and Shiite Muslims throughout the Middle East. If Iran is smart they'll change the regime in Saudi Arabia and install some kind of minority leader such as Saddam.

Final result: world chaos and US is doing great to let it further escalate.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by Mdv2]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xfile

Safe bet??? Yeah, just like the so-called "intel" on Saddam's WMD's and Al Qaeda connections were cause to invade Iraq. I'm sorry, but I don't trust anythign this admin says anymore.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by mecheng]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
i had posted a thread about it, didn't see this one

BBC is reporting it aswell now

news.bbc.co.uk...

Edit: spelling and typo's

[edit on 11-1-2007 by XyZeR]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The Motive for the raid is not known ?

Or is it, could this be related to the ufo (american device) which crashed in Iran yesterday ?

Could it be America wants the head of Muqtada al-Sadr the shia nationalist cleric. He has more popularity and lagitamacy than the pro american iraqi leaders hiding in the green zone, and many iraqi look at him as thier spiratual and ntional leader.
Further more back the 90s it was thought the shia were led from iran, added Muqtada resides in east baghdad, sadr city where 2.5 million shia are at his disposal and most of the baghdad army follow him. he also became part of the political process in iraq while opposing the us led occupation.
I believe the extra troops being sent to extinguish the shia power base and reduce thier threat and influence.

Muqtada al-Sadr is the new BOGEY MAN. Is bush crazy or is it just me if they do indeed kill Muqtada, would'nt this make iraq simply explode with madness ??

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Or is it, could this be related to the ufo (american device) which crashed in Iran yesterday ?

link???

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
What no Link

Here my friend
Iran News

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Next thing you know, their gonna want the support of the nations to build weapons in space and they will tell you that it's for terrorists only the weapons won't even face earth...

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reminds me of hitler spreading resources too much at once, France,Russia,North Africa - Afganistan,Iraq,iran,syria,somalia

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
A friend of mine who served in Iraq for a year was told that he will going to Afganistan now. His new job is satelite and communications.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
As written by Mdv2

They have gone crazy. You can't start a war on each and every front you like. That's the mistake Hitler made as well. One of the major reason for losing the war. I am not comparing the US to Nazi Germany - just from a purely strategic point of view.

Good point, but it isn't really a different front. This is all the same conflict. It is unclear whether Iran is aiding only the fight against the Western presence in Iraq or the sectarian violence. Probably both. But either way if they are contributing to the violence then we really have no choice but to involve them. The information captured in this raid probably has something to do with the how Iran and Syria are involved in Iraq. This act will likely receive condemnation by Iran, but that doesn't affect much. What are they going to do? Send weapons and fighters into Iraq? They are already doing that. Since Washington doesn't maintain diplomatic relations with Iran, all the Iranians can do is spout off some more of the same rhetoric about how we will regret this etc....My guess is that there is already a significant amount of weaponry and resources entering Iraq from Iran and Syria. The strike group headed to the Gulf is likely Bush's response to this problem. The real trouble will start once we begin air attacks on convoys from Iran/Syria.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
A friend of mine who served in Iraq for a year was told that he will going to Afganistan now. His new job is satelite and communications.

Did your friend tell you anything else? like which kind of satelite and communication type?

It's just i have a feeling its very low orbit satelites.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
lets see bush call's for more troops to "sustain demorcracy" in IRAQ, and says in retrospect he should have done this even sooner. he has said that bringing in more troops will help them get home sonner, yet he contradicts himself saying he wants these troops prepared for a long struggle

89% of the american public are against increasing troops in the region and he will do so anyway, he said last year that adding more troops "would underminde our strategy of encouragin iraqi's to take the lead" unless of course his commanders on the ground need more troops. well american general AZabid says he met with every general commander including commander leaders casey and dempsey and they said it would not be beneficial to bring in more troops, and on top of that it was said that it would stretch our reserve so thin, that it would compromise our national security. funny thing this is what these sick f$%%s want. they want to see UN troops marching down our streets and then taking away more of our liberties, and then they'll blame it on "terrorists"

we need to impeach bush now , but all of his cronies like cheney and even the shmuch mccain need to go, they ae compromising national security at home, and going against the commander leaders who are in position to give the best advice on wether more troops would be beneficial. THIS IS A JOKE

and now we are going into iran and syria

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
double post sorry

[edit on 11-1-2007 by cpdaman]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join