It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This The Smoking Gun??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
yeah well i saw some video experts say otherwize when i saw a documentary that showed footage of the ufo's going around the 12 km long Tether in space.

Some of them were at least 2 km long and wide.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by selfless]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
youtube.com...

I'v not seen this video yet because i don't have highspeed but if it's about the tether then im sure it's the right video.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Dunno if this one is better or not,

Take your pick.

youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
sesfan,

i mean no disrespect but every time someone posts something about a ufo you always try to give a mundain explaination of what it is and you never for once take into consideration that it could be unidentified...

It's clear to me now that you have an agenda to randomly try to disprove any footage or story about ufo's there is on this board and i want to ask you,

why?

[edit on 11-1-2007 by selfless]

On the contrary, I do not try to disprove anything, I am only stating facts as I know them. I do quite a lot of research into ufo's, and my research has led me to having some knowlege on the subject. My post here is just that, the conclusion I have come to after seeing reports from experts in the field regarding this type of "ufo". I'm not asking anyone to believe me, but if everyone else were to research it instead of just blindly believing, rest assured, you would more than likely come to the same conclusion.

I really hope there are alien craft out there, but until I see absolute proof, I'm not going to beleive 100% in anything.

Here's a link to the diaomond shaped ufo's that have been filmed, just gives a little info on it...

www.outtahear.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Some make the point that the objects are out of focus, but during the video, they zoom out fully, and the objects don't change, like they would if they were close and blurred out. Some do go behind the tether making it hard to subscribe to that theory.

On another note, I dont believe the objects were 3 miles long, as the tether isn't a full 12 miles in length. When the tether breaks, it bunches up and compresses, meaning its not full extended. You can clearly see in the original footage that the tether is bunched up, as is characteristic of a wire that just snapped. Therfore the objects are less than 3 miles wide. I still don't believe that they are ice particles though, like NASA says. Upon closer review, I noticed one of the objects, heading towards another object, and does a quick turn and goes around the object it was going to hit. Its really hard to find this instance of when it happens, but I watched it over and over, and it was clear that this object maneuvered in order to not collide with this other object.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
sesfan,

no one is asking you to believe everything you see but my point is that every time i see you post i have not once seen you say the word ufo as a possibility.

It's like every ufo you see you dismiss right away, i honestly can't explain the videos of the theter ufo's as being camera malfunction that is taking it a bit far on the skeptic side...

Just be open to ''all'' the possiblities not just the debunk explainations.

Oh i have a good idea, sesfan if you don't mind i want you to show me a ufo case you saw in your life that you can't say it's not a ufo.

If there is one i can't wait to see it because it must be jaw dropping for you to think it's a ufo when you dismiss a 2 km long ufo in space video taped by nasa.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
freezer,

regardless of the size of the objects they were there and they were not small.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   

sesfan,

no one is asking you to believe everything you see but my point is that every time i see you post i have not once seen you say the word ufo as a possibility.

It's like every ufo you see you dismiss right away, i honestly can't explain the videos of the theter ufo's as being camera malfunction that is taking it a bit far on the skeptic side...

Just be open to ''all'' the possiblities not just the debunk explainations.

Oh i have a good idea, sesfan if you don't mind i want you to show me a ufo case you saw in your life that you can't say it's not a ufo.

If there is one i can't wait to see it because it must be jaw dropping for you to think it's a ufo when you dismiss a 2 km long ufo in space video taped by nasa.

There are lots of videos that I would call ufo's. Hundreds, even this one in question. I don't know what the object is, I'm just explaining why it's taking the shape it does. I honestly think it's a dust or ice particle, but still, since I'm not 100% sure, it's a UFO (unidentified flying object).

Heck, I see stuff in the sky all the time that I don't know what it is. Pretty sure I do, but not completely sure. So they are all ufo's.

I'm not trying to make you believe or disbelieve anything, just stating my opinion, just as you are doing. Nothing wrong with that, that is what ATS is all about.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I am doubtful that this is space debris close to the shuttle. The objects are moving in opposite directions simutaneously and they clearly disappear behind the tether. Also they are not diamond-shaped, so I'm not sure how terrestrial filmed, diamond-shaped objects relate to this discussion.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Will To Power
I am doubtful that this is space debris close to the shuttle. The objects are moving in opposite directions simutaneously and they clearly disappear behind the tether. Also they are not diamond-shaped, so I'm not sure how terrestrial filmed, diamond-shaped objects relate to this discussion.

I was just giving an example of how the diamond shaped ufo's that have been filmed are caused by the same effect I believe is happenning here. When I get home from work, I'll take another close look at that video.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Sesfan,

Alright as long as you keep all possibilities possible then it's all good :0

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
What I don't get is why all the space debris all in all would pretty much look the same. How much space debris is there floating around? And why isnt any of this space debris visible on the regular camcordings of space flights, but just the ultra violet one used here?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Sesfan,

Alright as long as you keep all possibilities possible then it's all good :0

pssst. It's Sensfan, not sesfan :-)

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
After reading Astronaut Ed Lu's description of dust particles in space at Ed Lu's Journal, Im now leaning toward the possibility that the objects moving behind the 0.1 inch diameter tether is an optical illusion due to their tiny size and the tether's tiny diameter. Here is the relevant quote,

Small dust particles, which are continually shed by the Station, scatter the sunlight and are easily visible against the black background. You can see the same effect when looking at a sunbeam shining in through a window - you can see all the very tiny dust particles floating in the air. It turns out that some of the tiny particles (mostly paint flecks) that come off the Station are actually big enough so that they can look like a twinkling star as they float away and rotate. So when looking out the window at these times when we are in sunlight but the ground below is dark, you can often see little bright specks slowly drifting away from the Station.

He does, however, mention unexplained flashes in the northern lights that seem interesting.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Actually, the info about it being out of focus points of light, be it dust, space debris, etc is correct. When you film a point of light and are way out of focus, the light will take on the shape of the iris within the camera. All these oval's with holes in the middle and a notch are doing just that.

Any time you see one of those lit up "diamond" ufo's with the top, or bottom tip of the diamond being brighter, it is the same thing.

No time to get links for you, am at work, but will dig some up later this evening.

Why, then, in this video ( youtube.com... ), do many of the objects have different notches in them? Seems strange that, if they were taking on the shape of the iris, they would be different. I would be interested to hear why you think that is.

Im not discounting your explanation, just looking for further clarification.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigThat
What I don't get is why all the space debris all in all would pretty much look the same. How much space debris is there floating around? And why isnt any of this space debris visible on the regular camcordings of space flights, but just the ultra violet one used here?

Wasn't it filmed in "night vision" or low light mode? Not ultra violet. Dim articles, be they space debrie, dust, or ice particles would of course show up more readily in low light mode as opposed to normal "daylight" mode, no?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

freezer,

regardless of the size of the objects they were there and they were not small.

I agree for the most part, and that its one of the best videos showing what seems to be space craft. I just wanted to point out that many of the people who analyzed this video forgot to factor in the point that the tether was compressed. Even if the objects were a half mile wide, thats still impressive.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
come on people, already forgot STS-115?!
These were the same kind of objects you are talking about now, and did you know that NASA at this date still has no real explenations for these objects wich manouver themselfes towards shuttles. So all they say is they think it is space debris.. wich is BS cause space debris has no propulsion to change its course and direction in space.
Another odd thing is that most of the STS-115 UFO footage was deleted from youtube's database for unknown violations..

A thread about STS-115

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 137
come on people, already forgot STS-115?!
These were the same kind of objects you are talking about now, and did you know that NASA at this date still has no real explenations for these objects wich manouver themselfes towards shuttles. So all they say is they think it is space debris.. wich is BS cause space debris has no propulsion to change its course and direction in space.
Another odd thing is that most of the STS-115 UFO footage was deleted from youtube's database for unknown violations..

A thread about STS-115

However, the shuttle's and stations thrusters, which fire quite often, can cause debris to change direction. Not saying that is the case, but could be.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Videos and photos will never be the "smoking gun" in this day and age. Only physical evidence will do that...but that kind of evidence will disappear as soon as it ever gets public, if it even gets that far.

So far, in the past when it has surfaced, it is quickly "misplaced" and never seen again. Sometimes it's because it was a hoax, but other times, you just have to wonder....

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join