It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gender switching in dreams?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Just curious if anyone else has had that happen? And if so did you even think about it until you woke up?

I had a recent dream that was entirely bizzarre (I'll post a description if anyone's interested), but the weirdest element of all was having swapped genders and not having found this at all strange until I woke up. One would think something so fundimental changing would be picked up on by some part of your mind but . . . nope. My mind took it and ran with it.

Anyone else?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I have very detailed dreams. None went there though. I have dreams about what I read or see on TV or in real life. Who says tonight I won't have a dream about being a woman. Thanks alot man! I will post tomorrow about the results of my dream state.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I've never switched genders in a dream, but there was one time that I started out a dream as a human and ended it as an alien. It was an odd feeling afterwards...I suppose something in my mind caught on to the switch because I almost immediately said (in my dream) "This is a dream and I can wake up now."

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering
I have very detailed dreams. None went there though. I have dreams about what I read or see on TV or in real life. Who says tonight I won't have a dream about being a woman. Thanks alot man! I will post tomorrow about the results of my dream state.

Didn't happen for me last night but I saw a movie with a great sex seen so you know what I dreamed about! Don't tell my woman please

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
happened to me once, but I was a girl making out with another girl in the dream. I still have no idea what it means. A psychiatrist I was seeing at the time said it's actually suprisingly common and has nothing to do with ones sexual preference.

He said that people who feel removed from women but are attracted to them will often have a dream of being one, in essence to be closer to women in a emotional or sexual way as a way to experience closenes to a women that is lacking at the time.

Basically it means you don't have the intamacy you want with a woman and to fill in gap you're brain made you one for the dream, as a way to experience being close to a woman. It's a surrogate until you get a lady to do the horizontal tango with. and not too uncommon or strange. Just means you're lonely. I could be wrong though.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Heh, I suppose that might be. Does it work the other way around, I wonder (a woman dreaming of being a man as a substitute for missed closeness?)

It was very odd, vivid and violent though, so . . . who knows. If I find anything interesting I'll make mention sometime . . .

new topics

top topics

join