It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Your Purpose?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
When I became Christian my life was given purpose: to refine and improve myself with a goal (to be like Christ) in mind, and to spread God's love to people and His creation (animals and the environment).

Atheists: What is your purpose (without God)?
Christians: What is your purpose (with God)?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
My purpose is to become more Christ like and allow God to use me where He can so that it is His will not my own.I (we) will never be able to say....

John
29A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus' lips. 30When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

Gives me goose bumps to imagine Christ knew exactly what He had to achieve whilst here.

Edn

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Sigh, why are topics alway about Atheists and Christians, not all who don't believe in god are Atheists and not all who believe in god are Christians (just a thought to remember)
. My purpose's (I would think) is to help end suffering, help others and better understand our world, the beings that live on it and the universe around us.

I have a lot of work ahead of me.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edn
Sigh, why are topics alway about Atheists and Christians, not all who don't believe in god are Atheists and not all who believe in god are Christians (just a thought to remember)

THANK YOU! What an excellent reminder!

My purpose:

To serve my fellow man.
(atheists, christians, and all manner of souls inbetween and beyond both)

In what way?

By sharing the truths given to me for the express purpose of sharing with others.

What 'truths'?
(what is truth?!?)

That all souls are children of God. (Creator and source of all life - names are irrelevant at that level)
That all children are loved immeasurably by God without preference or exclusion. (religion/culture/race/creed are all irrelevant at this level)
That there are none left alone in this world - none excluded, cast out, unforgiven, unloved, forgotten, or ignored!

And this is the KEY point in my message:

God made us each just the way we are. God knows our every secret thought - and whether we know it or not, admit it or not, accept it or not - God knows them all, admits them all, and above all ACCEPTS them all.

There is nothing any one of us can do to make God mad at us or not love us or not accept us. God knows us each better than we even know ourselves!

And loves us without limit REGARDLESS.

It doesn't matter WHO YOU ARE.

You are LOVED immeasurably by GOD. Even if you don't believe in God....God still believes in YOU!

God bless you all!

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowAmFound
When I became Christian my life was given purpose: to refine and improve myself with a goal (to be like Christ) in mind, and to spread God's love to people and His creation (animals and the environment).

Christians: What is your purpose (with God)?

My mother always said (not to sound like Gump) don't be so Heavenly minded that you are no Earthly good.

My purpose in life is to find my purpose then use my purpose to better the world around me. Example= I am an Insurance Broker. I pledge to God to sell the lowest price highest quality policies I can for his glory. Sounds silly to some I am sure but in all things you should acknowledge God. I wish more Christians took a look at their walk with God and did more Earthly good. Apply your salvation and the teachings of Jesus to everyday things rather than the two hour church meeting on Sunday. Can anybody relate to this?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I can, CW!

Totally!

Excellent!

That mama of Forrest Gump had some truly divine wisdom!

(one of my most favorite movies, too!)

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

That mama of Forrest Gump had some truly divine wisdom!

(one of my most favorite movies, too!)

Mine too

Do tell the guys I cryed, ok?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

my purpose:
do my part to ensure a betterment of the world for future generations

hopefully i can do what i can to prevent the bleak future from the movie "idiocracy" from happening

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Edn: Sigh. I am only interested in Christians and Atheists for now.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
QueenAnnie: There are many people unforgiven. Christ died that our sins MIGHT be forgiven, not that they are forgiven. And, there is plenty we can do to make Him mad at us.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

well, i personally think it would be far more interesting if you opened this thread to all other creeds

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   

And this is the KEY point in my message:

God made us each just the way we are. God knows our every secret thought - and whether we know it or not, admit it or not, accept it or not - God knows them all, admits them all, and above all ACCEPTS them all.

What do you mean "admits them all"?
Are you totally sure He admits them all?
Scripture makes it real obvious He does not.
What about sin?
He doesn't tolerate sin in His kingdom.
So where does that leave the sinner who never repents?
What about the ones who ignore Him?
What about the ones who rebel against Him?
Why should the ones who never loved Him be taken under His wing when they die?
I do believe He loves everyone though, at least while we're here.......

Edn

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Christians and Atheists only make up roughly 35% of the worlds population, denying 65% of the world to express there view on there purpose on this world isn't all that fare but more importantly denying your own mind a better understanding of all humans there religion and purpose only helps in obscuring your views of non Christians, not to mention you miss out on a wealth of knowledge.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
My purpose is to further the word of God through all oppression, and bring the word of God to everyone who will listen. My purpose is also to slay the enemies of God, and to protect the innocent and weak from all forms of evil, and to right wrongs wherever I find them.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Careful friend, you cannot limit who answers your thread. That's against the rules. Believe me, you want to hear it from me rather that the MODS. Just free advice....I am just a member nothing more.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll
What do you mean "admits them all"?

Admit

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
~John 6:37

It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
~John 6:45

Are you totally sure He admits them all?

Christ said so. I believe that.

And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened.
~Luke 11:9-10

Scripture makes it real obvious He does not.

I've never known of God to welsh on any promise. What He says, He does. What He vows, He fulfills. This I KNOW for He has proven it to me.

What about sin?

What about it?

He doesn't tolerate sin in His kingdom.

No longer does He remember any sins, of anyone's. This has been in effect for quite some time.

So where does that leave the sinner who never repents?

There is no such thing as 'never' to God - never is nullified by eternity. Never say never.

What about the ones who ignore Him?

Oh, rest assured, He'll get their attention - when it is time, according to HIM.

What about the ones who rebel against Him?

Once God makes His true nature/character known to the soul, there is NO possibility they would even WANT to rebel. Not many have seen this yet, though - so it is misinterpreted as rebellion.

Why should the ones who never loved Him be taken under His wing when they die?

Why not? Remember, we love Him because first He loved us!

How is anyone different than anyone else - especially if one removes the concept of linear time out of the equation?

God is ALL merciful. To ALL. That includes EVERYONE.

I do believe He loves everyone though, at least while we're here.......

What does that mean? You've confused me with that last statement in light of what you said in all the preceding sentences.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I'm just an actor in this great play of life.

My purpose is whatever I make of it. Some goals have an attainable end... others are lifelong.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Man for God
My purpose is also to slay the enemies of God, and to protect the innocent and weak from all forms of evil, and to right wrongs wherever I find them.

on the word "slay"
are you using it in a metaphorical manner or a strict literal manner?
are you actually saying that your purpose in life involves killing those that don't adhere to your religion?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. ~John 6:37

What about the one's that don't come to Him? This line makes it clear that some don't. But, everyone is given the chance in this life. You have to "go" to Him, believe in Him, love Him enough to go out of your way for Him, acknowledge Him in His full glory. He's talking about people that will come to Him willingly. Not just anyone. This also implies those that don't come to him will be cast out.

It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. ~John 6:45

But some people haven't "heard" and haven't "learned". This line makes it plainly clear, that if you haven't heard and haven't learned, then you're not going to Him. There are many that outright refuse to "hear" and refuse to "learn". So where does that leave them?

Sorry, but not everyone is going to Him. I'll agree that we all came from Him, but no, not all of us are going back. When you leave this world an evil wicked person, you are an evil wicked soul, and heaven's not about those kinds of souls.

Christ said so.

What about this line from Psalms:
The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.
Psalm 9:17

Or Matthew 12:32
And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but he that shall speak against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him neither in this world, nor in the world to come.

Or how about this:
Matthew 12:36.
But I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall render an account for it in the day of judgment.
Matthew 12:37
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Or this
Matthew 13:40. Even as cockle therefore is gathered up, and burnt with fire: so shall it be at the end of the world.
13:41. The Son of man shall send his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all scandals, and them that work iniquity.
13:42. And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Guess this kinda blows your theory.

No longer does He remember any sins, of anyone's. This has been in effect for quite some time.

Wacky!!!! Where'd you get this idea?
God never changes. He doesn't adapt to us.
So explain this "Godly amnesia" to me, I'm curious.

There is no such thing as 'never' to God - never is nullified by eternity. Never say never.

Even wackier!!!! LOL!

Oh, rest assured, He'll get their attention - when it is time, according to HIM.

And how does this explain all the people who die without ever giving Him a thought?
Why didn't He get there attention? People that totally denounced Him?

Once God makes His true nature/character known to the soul, there is NO possibility they would even WANT to rebel. Not many have seen this yet, though - so it is misinterpreted as rebellion.

You're wrong. There are tons of people who openly rebel against Him. In fact, just look around this site. It's chock full of people that don't acknowledge Him, believe in Him, mock Him, make fun of Him, ridicule His followers. In fact, they almost outnumber the ones who love and believe in Him.

Why not? Remember, we love Him because first He loved us!

Great concept. But again, you're wrong.
Unfortunately, not everyone loves Him.

God is ALL merciful. To ALL. That includes EVERYONE.

Yes, He is all merciful, but only if you ask for his forgiveness.
I've said this several times on this site. He's only merciful while you're here. Once you die He is a just judge and will judge you according to your sins. He will have no pity on you. He has to judge you fairly, and crocodile tears and a pouty face aren't gonna help you.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'm getting tired of people preaching this tree-hugging Christianity, unfortunately, the world isn't all rainbows and flowers.

There is a heaven and Hell, and unfortunately, the majority are going to the latter.

like Jesus said,

Go in through the narrow gate, because the gate to Hell is wide and the road that leads to it is easy, and there are many who travel it. But the gate to life is narrow and the way that leads to it is hard, and there are few people who find it. Matthew 7: 13-15

[edit on 12-1-2007 by thehumbleone]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join