It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have skin tags and i hate them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I have looked everywhere for a skin tag removal thing other than cutting them off. Most places i have looked tell me to have them burned off but i can't afford that so i was wondering if anyone had any herbal cures or any thing to help me. Sorry if this is not ok to post here.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
stay out of the sun, use sunscreen and use a skin care system with some sort of rough abrasive stuff like an apricot scrub, or bean scrub.

I get skin tags too usually on the back of my neck, I call it the brown people freckles, people of color tend to have them more than other nationalities, well that is what I've noticed.

It doesn't bother me enough to really do anything about it and I've notice mines come and goes and it tends to come after I spend a lot of time in the sun, so I go out protected with sunscreen.

I've heard of using wart compound on them, cutting them off yourself, or tie a string around it and cut off the blood flow. I haven't tried any of these methods so I can't say what is the best option for you.

just found something you might want to try
www.drweil.com...

[edit on 1-10-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I have a few, one got a piece of cotton trapped around it and it fell off, the other I cut off with scissors

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
My mum gets skin tags alot and she goes for the cotton method. Wrap a piece of cotton tightly around it and after a while it just drops off.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
wtf is a skin tag?

a mole of sorts?

???

signed,

the whiteness.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Just last night I removed my own skin tags. Get a small, sharp pair of scissors and do it yourself. There will be some bleeding. But why pay a doctor for doing the same thing that you can do?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
wtf are skin tags?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I get them, and they can be a pain in the neck.

They are just what they sound like, tags of skin that hang from your normal skin. They can become inflamed, and if they are big, or if you tend to bleed a lot, I don't recommend cutting them off yourself. I cut a big one off that had become inflamed once, and it bled for four hours, even under extended direct pressure, making me somewhat anemic. In retrospect, it would have been nice to have a styptic pencil handy.

Imo, the best way to get rid of them, if you have a bunch, is the electric needle. It can be expensive, though. I am going to try bloodroot next time.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Here's what my dad used to do about them: This is an old Cuban remedy

Get a little bottle of "tincture of iodine" and dab a little on each one every other day for about a week and they will fall off.

Just thought i;'d pass the old family remedy onto you.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'm no doctor but I'd really recommend not cutting anything off of yourself. The primary reason being that your home scissors are most likely not sterile, and while I'm sure these skin tags are annoying, an infection will probably be worse.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Thanks for the tip on tincture of Iodine, dg. I think I will try that instead of bloodroot.

Yes, infection is always a risk when the skin is broken, wherever you are. I used surgical scissors, sharpened and sterilized, for my little operation, preceded and followed by plenty of isopropyl alcohol, then topped off with antibiotic ointment and a bandage. The little incision I ended up with healed without incident, when it finally stopped bleeding, and didn't even leave a mark.

[edit on 28-6-2007 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Please dont ever ever cut anything off yourselves!!!!!

I'm glad to see you're going to try the iodine

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I also heard you can tie a string tightly around them to make them fall off.

Never heard the iodine one, I think I'll have to try that.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I have a bunch on my neck and just recently I found one on my upper inner thigh.

I want them removed but I would rather have a doctor take them off then try some other method.

top topics

join