It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons emailing me, trying to give me money???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I got this email today:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Benefactor Of 2007 Masory Grant,

The Freemason society of Bournemout under the
jurisdiction of the all Seeing Eye, Master Nicholas
Brenner has after series of secret deliberations
selected you to be a beneficiary of our 2006
foundation laying grants and also an optional opening
at the round table of the Freemason society.

These grants are issued every year around the world in
accordance with the objective of theFreemasons as
stated by Thomas Paine in 1808 which is to ensure the
continuous freedom of man and toenhance mans living
conditions.

We will also advice that these funds which amount to
USD2.5million be used to better the lot of man through
your own initiative and also we will go further to
inform that the open slot to become a Freemason is
optional, you can decline the offer.

Barr. Bob Gass
Grand Lodge Office Co-Secretary's
email: *Snip*
Tel: *Snip*
Fax: *Snip*
Barr. Bob Gass,
Co-Secretary Freemason Society of Holdenhurst
Road,Bournemouth.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know where this man got my email address from, but this is the first time I got one of these claiming they are from the Freemasons!!!

Should I email him back? Wow, the Freemasons are gonna give me a 2.5 Million dollar grant!!!

goodness..

This is my first time encountering an email scam like this. Usually it's a Nigerian Banker or something.

CC

[edit on 10-1-2007 by chief_counsellor]

Mod edit: to remove email address and phone numbers.

[edit on 1/10/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
What clued you in? The spelling or the grammatical errors?

Are the scam emails involving banks and credit cards indictments of financial institutions? Or are they examples of a criminal element and their depraved intent of fleecing the innocent?

Why would you attribute this to a legitimate Masonic institution for a moment?

Unless you had an axe to grind...

I'll be looking forward to my big chance at retirement email from the Knight of Columbus... Lord knows the Roman Catholic Church has more than enough coin to set a lone monkey up in bananas and First Growth Bordeaux's for life.

Wonder where their coffers were filled from?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I would love to join Freemasonry. I just feel that being powerful is the life for me. I'm sick of being poor, inline for a corporate job being paid 50k a year and living in an apartment drinking beers.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I can understand why the Freemason's choose to dominate the world at the expense of the sheeple. The sheeple could give a damn about society why should they?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
No axe to grind, just never came across an email scam that mentioned freemasonry before. Thought it was interesting. Maybe a mason here will be able to look that guy up and see if he is in fact a Mason.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
C'mon Chief - you can't be that naive.

It's the same scam as the Nigerian bank one that you referenced. Same wolf in different sheeple clothing. The email did not come from anyone connected with the masons, just like the previous ones are not from any African royal families.

Bannish the sender to your junk e-mail box and forget about it.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
No axe to grind, just never came across an email scam that mentioned freemasonry before. Thought it was interesting. Maybe a mason here will be able to look that guy up and see if he is in fact a Mason.

Top hit:

www.grandlodge-england.org...

Now Freemasonry is being targeted. Since the beginning of 2005, emails have been sent round the world purporting to be from "the Masons of Bournemouth" or "the Masons of Winchester" announcing that the recipient has been chosen to share in their annual pay out of "US $2,5 million" of Masonic charity money. The emails originate in Germany and Brazil and are a not very clever ruse to get the recipient to forward their bank details. Neither the groups, the money, nor the London solicitors, mentioned in the email, exist.

I don't think you need to be a Freemason to figure this one out.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by acctnosam
I would love to join Freemasonry. I just feel that being powerful is the life for me. I'm sick of being poor, inline for a corporate job being paid 50k a year and living in an apartment drinking beers.

I am not sure what ... either of your post.. have to do with this thread?

Joining the Masons will not make you any richer then you already are? .. I don't know where you got the preception. Do you think you go to meetings and get handed a check?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I don't think that CC was actually buying into the scam guys. WOuld be interesting if the name was that of an actual mason, or actual person. Usually these kinds of scams use fake names all together though.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Then how do you explain the title:

Someone who was not hoodwinked might have titled it "Scam email claims to be from Freemasons"

That indicates awareness, and a lack of ulterior motives. A fair and accurate appraisal...

The title used is...

Disingenuous at best...

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Top hit:

www.grandlodge-england.org...

Now Freemasonry is being targeted. Since the beginning of 2005, emails have been sent round the world purporting to be from "the Masons of Bournemouth" or "the Masons of Winchester" announcing that the recipient has been chosen to share in their annual pay out of "US $2,5 million" of Masonic charity money. The emails originate in Germany and Brazil and are a not very clever ruse to get the recipient to forward their bank details. Neither the groups, the money, nor the London solicitors, mentioned in the email, exist.

I don't think you need to be a Freemason to figure this one out.

Did a google search after I posted to ATS, that's why you see an edit on there. Guess this is an old scam than, by a couple years. New to me though.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Then how do you explain the title:

Someone who was not hoodwinked might have titled it "Scam email claims to be from Freemasons"

That indicates awareness, and a lack of ulterior motives. A fair and accurate appraisal...

The title used is...

Disingenuous at best...

I was on ATS at the same time as checking my email, just reacted right away, was excited for maybe 5 seconds when I posted on ATS, but then after a google search, which was after I posted, and got confirmation that it was a scam. Like I said, never saw a Freemason email scam before, and was "excited".

CC

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   

theFreemasons as stated by Thomas Paine in 1808 which is to ensure the continuous freedom of man and toenhance mans living
conditions.

I found that part particularly funny.

Talk about reinventing history!

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Nothing to see in this thread I think, MODERATORS, this email is just a scam/spam..can you delete this thread please?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Chief_Councellor,

I think they are testing you. What you should really be doing is offering all your wealth and possesions to them to show them that you are true and right to walk the square.

They will decline which is the next part of the test. To prove your true worthiness you have to give all your wealth to the first person who states to you.....

"Master of the light divine
Make your possesions be mine
Release me from my peasant lot
By giving me all that you got!"

Oh wait a minute I just stated it to you...how embarrasing....I'll take a check

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by T Trubballshoota
Chief_Councellor,

I think they are testing you. What you should really be doing is offering all your wealth and possesions to them to show them that you are true and right to walk the square.

They will decline which is the next part of the test. To prove your true worthiness you have to give all your wealth to the first person who states to you.....

"Master of the light divine
Make your possesions be mine
Release me from my peasant lot
By giving me all that you got!"

Oh wait a minute I just stated it to you...how embarrasing....I'll take a check

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!!!! That's just slick, brotha!

He got ya, pay the man!

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by acctnosam

Fifty grand a year is not "poor". Try living on less than 4 grand a year.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor

Yeah, this scam has been around for a while. There was some discussion about it on UK masonic forums and I think we decided the name was fictitious. There is no such organization as the Freemason Society of Bournemouth and I remember at the time we all had a good laugh about it.

Someone somewhere is playing upon freemasonry's good name for charitable giving and I just hope no-one falls for it.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Fifty grand a year is not "poor". Try living on less than 4 grand a year.

4K a YEAR?

Yep. I'd say that is poor, indeed.

The guy who said "Poverty Sucks" was certainly onto something.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I Don't know guys...think about it...maybe Ed Mcmann is a Freemason? How about retitling this thread, "'You may have already won $10,000,000'...From The Masons?" (Okay, that's assuming any money is actually flowing OUT of these scammers...)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join