It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The democrats should talk some sense into bush.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I know what bush means when he says he wants more troops in Iraq, what it means is that he wants a draft. As much as I want to win the war on Iraq and it's not going to happen. People have opposed the draft since the Vietnam war and that was a lost cause and plus people are comparing this to the vietnam war saying that we should pull out. Okay, and also, a draft in the United States will never happen. We will never have a draft again even if it is important to our national security, and that's why we voted democrats into office-- because we're pissed off at the republicans and their radical views and we want conservatives making the right changes in Iraq, we dont want a madman running out of control. It's not america that is the problem it's bush and if we somehow manage to survive george w bush's term I figure it will be a miracle if we survive it without him doing something really stupid and one more question, who will be our gerald ford now, will it be obama, will it be hilary clinton? Who will be the next president to do the same great things for our country as he did? I certainly wish for there to be another gerald ford (sp?).

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I know what bush means when he says he wants more troops in Iraq, what it means is that he wants a draft.

Whoa whoa whoa.

That is a GIANT leap of assumption. What actual proofs do you base it on?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well the Dem's have to watch football first.

Maybe they should have some sense talked into them.

Ford wasn't very good. I wouldn't believe all the hype after his death.
All I can remember of his Presidency was the W.I.N. buttons. What a joke.

Roper

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Hurts

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I know what bush means when he says he wants more troops in Iraq, what it means is that he wants a draft.

Whoa whoa whoa.

That is a GIANT leap of assumption. What actual proofs do you base it on?

Well, where do you think you can GET those troops from? Can you pull them out of thin air? No, and to do that you need a draft. You need many troops to do that. But why waste it when you have one of the largest volunteer armies in the world, why make it an unorganized involunteery army? It doesnt make sense.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The proposed 21,000 troops? Uh, Reserves and Guard units. We aren't talking about putting in 500,000 troops here, there have been as many as 168,000 in Iraq.

You don't institute a draft for 21,000 troops...

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Bush needs more the billions he is asking for Iraq that he actually needs the troops.

He already, accomplished what he was set to do.

Now he just have to sit back and let the Democrats do their thing, for the next two years, people have no idea . . .

That Bush mission was a complete success.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
That would be a great job. You would certainly have job security because your job would never be done. It might be a little frustrating because you would most likely make no headway. It would increase your faith because you would probably start praying to the Saint of Lost Causes.

Actually let's all save our breath and replace him with somebody who gives a s**t.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by polanksi]

new topics

top topics

join