It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Search Of with Leonard Nimoy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Back in the late 70's and early 80's there was a paranormal/mystries program that aired on tv with Leonard Nimoy (Spock from Star Trek) as the host. The program covered everything from UFO's to the Burmuda Triangle. It is a very good program that some of the older ATS'ers may remember and I know many other members would enjoy them as well.

I would really love to see these shows again but have been unable to find complete shows on the internet on site like Youtube and Google. Is anybody familiar with this program and if so do you know where I may find them.

To stir some memories I have included the following Youtube clips:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

I would appreciate it if anyone could help me with this...

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Yep, I used to watch it when they originally aired. They were rebroadcast on A&E about 10 years ago, I believe.

Here's some good info including a list of all 144 Nimoy hosted episodes.

As best I can tell, there are no current plans to release any of the episodes on DVD, but they can be purchased on VHS, although at $79 a pop, they gotta be freakin' kidding me. For $79 they ought to send Nimoy over to your house to read you the trnscript live.

You might even check with your local library. I've seen episodes available for loan at the library here.

[edit on 1/11/2007 by yeahright]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Another series of "in search of..." was recently made. This time the show is hosted by Steven William, the black Fox Mulder's informant in X-Files. In the US the show is aired on SciFi. I don't know if other countries are airing the show.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
yeahright

Thanks for the information. I never heard of that site where the videos are being sold. They are a ripoff though. 80 dollars for a 24 minute episode is insane. I sure hope they come out as a DVD set.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I remember seeing the show on A&E and it was great. Would not spend $80 a pop per vhs!!! That's crazy! lol!

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Good news! I found a complete episode on Google video. It's the Bermuda Triangle Episode. This is extremely rare.

Here is the Link

[edit on 12-1-2007 by MooneyBravo]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I never downloaded them yet, but I found many episodes available through bit torrent. I was looking for the coral castle episode.

Vas

[edit on 13-1-2007 by Vasilis Azoth]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
What is "bit torrent?"

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MooneyBravo
What is "bit torrent?"

It's a file sharing program. I recommend the version called BitLord.

Vas

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Thank you

I'll check that out

top topics

join