It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An end coming for the cell phone camera?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I just had to post this as an opposer to cell phone gadgets.
Sorry guys.

www.cnn.com...

BUDAPEST, Hungary (Reuters) -- Hungary moved on Thursday to stop users of new camera mobile phones from taking and sending snapshots of people without their permission.

Hungary's data protection ombudsman ruled that mobile users transmitting pictures of people who are unaware of being photographed could be liable to prosecution -- as could the mobile service providers.

I've heard discussion that cell phone cameras are being banned in bookstores in fear of having the book's pages photographed and content pirated. Okay but, who would even do such a thing with the low resolution of a cell phone cam? Even with a regular camera, it wouldn't be that easy to take a good shot of the pages with legible text without being obvious, which is what the cell phone cam in supposed to counter, discreetly photographing.

It'll take forever to photograph the pages anyways. Just buy the damn book!!!

Privacy is an issue with these phones. Since everyone has a cell phone nowadays, you could lok like you're dialing a number but actually be snapping a pic of that person you've been stalking for the past few years.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
If they ban cellphone cameras, then they should also ban digital cameras as well. The 'news' never talks about digital cams being small, with the ability to take pictures without anybody knowing.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 01:14 AM
link   
It's a big leap from just spy cams, when you can snap a picture, send it ANYWHERE, then delete it from your camera and continue on your merry way.

This is HUGE and I predict there will be some quick laws and fake controversy over privacy brought up to limit these.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 02:06 AM
link   
In many gyms they have banned the cameras. People snapping pics in the changing rooms. Also at strip clubs. I heard on the radio they were banning those too.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 02:09 AM
link   
That's certainly valid Zed. But I'm torn on the issue. There was a failed abduction in California (I think) where the child snapped a quick picture of the would-be abductor and he was caught.

It's fascinating in ways what we could do, but then again, we all become the police force of "Big Bro" too.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
, we all become the police force of "Big Bro" too.

yeah, baby. that's the REAL reason "they" need to ban them.
who will guard the guards themselves?

WE DO, WE DO.

little brother watches back.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 02:37 AM
link   
In Australia some pedophile was caught taking snap shots of little boys at the swimming pool change rooms with a camera phone.
These are the kind of things they need to stop. How? I don't know.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The cameras are indeed getting alot smaller. I have one of my own, and it can easily be hidden in the palm of you hand and only takes half a second to snap a pic. The resolution isn't too great though and if you move it a bit the whole shot is blurred.

Hmm, Big Brother can take advantage of these technologies. Since they can be concealed so easily, it's not too hard to spy on people now.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
LOL I work for a major wireless telecom company and I just cant wait to get my new motorola V400 picture phone!! The quality of the pics are awesome!!! Its gonna be my new little spy phone! They go on sale last week of December!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I want contact lens cameras.

And while we're at it, to be invisible.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Just an F.Y.I. I also have access to our customers text messaging database and voicemail system but I can read all their private text messages.......... but that is also considered to be unethical.

new topics

top topics

join