It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The minimum wage conspiracy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Thisguyrighthere wrote:

“This is another reason I support state secession. Let there be welfare states and let there be free states. Just dont make one pay for the other and dont force everyone to live by the same rules.”

Speaking as one who has always lived in one of the eleven states which attempted secession except for a stint in California (Imagine the culture shock of a sixteen year old moving from small town Alabama to Laguna Beach, CA in 1966. I adored it.) I can tell you that it took at least a century for the South to recover from all the damage inflicted upon it after the rabid racist, power hungry war monger and destroyer of freedom Abe Lincoln inflicted the War of Northern Aggression on the states which seceded. This was despite the fact that the constitution had no provisions prohibiting states from seceding from the union.

I strongly believe that any state or group of states which attempted secession and persisted after federal warnings and saber rattling would be quickly and brutally subjected to punishment even worse than that which was inflicted upon the confederacy. Remember Sherman’s march through Georgia, my home since 1973. After burning Atlanta to the ground Sherman split his army of about 60,000 troops into two columns so that they could loot and destroy a wider swath from Atlanta all the way to Savannah on the sea approx. 300 miles away by the circuitous route they followed. Cutting a path at least thirty miles wide they first looted then burned or otherwise destroyed all the cities, factories, farms, railroads, homes. etc. in their path. When they arrived in Savannah a large union fleet loaded with supplies awaited them. It was not needed. Sherman’s baggage train of approx. 6,000 freight wagons was fully loaded. Reports prepared by Sherman’s staff and approved by Sherman estimated that at least $20,000,000.00 (1864 dollars) in goods were stolen from citizens of Georgia and at least $100,000,000.00 (1864 dollars) worth of property was destroyed.

Numbers vary wildly depending on the source, but it is generally accepted that somewhere between 3,000 and 50,000 Georgia women and adolescent and preadolescent girls and boys were violently raped during Sherman’s rampage.

Consider how much more quickly and easily such brutally awful punishment could be inflicted on any state or group of states which persisted in an effort to break up the union today with such modern conveniences as fuel/air bombs. If you doubt that the federal government would be as brutal as they were in 1864 in punishing any state stupid enough to think that they could weaken the almighty federal government I can only believe you to have lived a life free of exposure to the realities of how the federal government operates, always becoming more and more powerful.

Think about it.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Apoc

December 28, 2016

It's IRONIC that actor ED ASNER, who has always been a staunch advocate of a $15 minimum wage, is SUING to keep small theaters he owns in California from having to pay the actors $15 an hour, when the new law goes into effect for 2017.

Old ED says that you can't pay out more than what you take in.. you'll eventually go broke! NO SH$T ED!

Story: www.wsj.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Minimum wage is nothing but a slave wage. It is there to make people feel better about not paying their workers enough, because "it's minimum wage!".

Here in the UK, many jobs are listed as "meets National Minimum Wage". It's another way of saying "if we could pay you less, we would".

Minimum wage should be abolished. It's used as an excuse to pay workers as little as possible, and offers no incentive to raise wages.

Some would argue "go find another job" - that is easier said than done, and entire industries operate as cartels as far as wages for workers go, so there is no benefit.

<< 1  2   >>

join