It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian news agency reports UFO has crashed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Iranian news agency reports UFO has crashed in Kerman province

Eyewitnesses told the Fars News Agency (FNA) that a radiant UFO had crashed in the Barez Mounts of Kerman on Wednesday morning.

.....the object was on fire with thick smoke coming from it, which identified the object as not being a meteor. Abulghassem noted that a few days earlier, in Rafsanjan, a similar incident was reported by witnesses.

Sources: ecanadanow.com

iranian.ws/

Another story
english.farsnews.com...

[edit on 10-1-2007 by violet]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
could be either Israeli or American drones???

or it could be something like the Russian..I mean not Russian..no Russian rocket that broke up over Colorado??

nevermind I see there is a pic

[edit on 1-10-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If people say that this happened regurarly during the last years, they will be probable spy planes. It's no so strange seeing the actual situation there.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Just so theres no confusion , I don't think that pictuer is a picture of the event in question..... The article never mentions a picture. They may have just posted a generic "fireball" pic on the article....

[edit on 10-1-2007 by Tiloke]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
That picture looks like CGI, I imagine it's just a rendering to give a graphical idea of what it looked like.

It would be pretty AMAZING to think there as a photographer that just happened to be there at the exact right instant.

S...

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I just checked the original website..they annonced officially today's search operation finished without any concret result and tommorow the investigation will be continued..

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
if it is a ufo then you can bet we'd step up that plan bush has with iran.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I hardly believe it could be a UFO...peopel in the area are still remembering multiple sightings of last yaer..and now every kind of light in the sky send them back to their memories..and let's not forget the Kerman is a city near the Deserts and it's very probale taht they saw a meteoride ...

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Apologies for posting the picture, is it wasn't an actual photograph
This is supposedly an illustration of what it looked like

an informed source told FNA that the object has been on fire and there has been thick smoke coming out of it prior to the crash, concluding that the object couldn't have been a meteor as meteors do not smoke.

Similar crash incidents have been witnessed frequently during the last year all across Iran, and officials believe that the objects could be spy planes or a hi-tech espionage device

Source: frankwarren.blogspot.com

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
from the article :

Similar crash incidents have been witnessed frequently during the last year all across Iran, and officials believe that the objects could be spy planes or a hi-tech espionage device.

really ? so planes and spy bots are dropping like flies all over iran , and months later - they have conducted little or no meaningfull investigation ?

as for the claim :

the object couldn't have been a meteor as meteors do not smoke.

meteorites can smoke

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I've never understood causes of UFO crashes. If a flying vehicle can travel through space debris, enter Earth's atmosphere without burning up, and obtain speeds not accessible by modern technology, what would cause them to just drop out of the sky?

Some state that the crash in Roswell had been due to a lightning strike, but I just checked the weather for the region where this crash occurred, and yet it's sunny, without any rain:

weather.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Well i did a little research:

When a meteor enters the Earth's atmosphere the resulting fireball produces light, due to the friction between its surface and the air. A smoke or dust trail is produced in the sky by the fireball caused by the removal of material from the surface of the meteorite. Because the fireballs are traveling at high speeds, they sometimes produce a sonic boom or whistling heard 30 miles or more from where the meteorite lands. Several booms may be succeeded by irregular sputtering sounds, comparable to an automobile backfiring.

so what u said is now backed up lol

meteorites can smoke

~Regards Mayan2012

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
I've never understood causes of UFO crashes. If a flying vehicle can travel through space debris, enter Earth's atmosphere without burning up, and obtain speeds not accessible by modern technology, what would cause them to just drop out of the sky?

Birds....

Dam bastards bring down our jets, our airliners... im sure aliens in ufo's are cursing them toooo

[edit on 11-1-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
yeah....well

Modern jet engines suffer major damage due to even small birds being sucked into the engine. The FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) requires that all engine types pass a test which includes throwing a fresh chicken (dead, but not frozen) into a running jet engine. The engine does not have to remain functional after the test, but it must not cause significant damage to the rest of the aircraft. Thus, if the bird strike causes it to "throw a blade" (break apart in a way where parts fly off at high speed), doing so must not cause loss of the aircraft. It is reputed that the chicken used in the tests is known in aviation circles to be a specific size and is thus known as an "aviation standard bird".

if im not mistaken ...space ships WONT be using jet engines hahaha and im sure if they are using some sort of "Anti-Grav" engine (Which im 99% sure they are) then there is no way bird could cause a threat to them

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
How do you know that?
Maybe gravity systems have some uncanny weakness to some sort of funky fibre found in.... beaks? or feathers?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I'll bet that we have ways of knocking them out of the sky...probably something like a emp (electro-magnetic pulse). On the other hand with big power comes big responsibility, so it's probably not too hard to crash when your going so fast.

And if they are aliens they probably make mistakes just like us.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
How do you know that?
Maybe gravity systems have some uncanny weakness to some sort of funky fibre found in.... beaks? or feathers?

because in order to have an antigrav engine powered craft ..u need an energy field around the craft ...or an "EM field" or an "Anti-Gravity" shield ...and in that effect protects ships from debris in space such as pebble sized meteorites ...because going at high speed and a pebble hitting the side of a craft ....well LOl u just KNOw that isnt good now dont ya
...in any case ..i dont think birds would have caused an alien spacecraft to crash ...especially if they have technology to trravel thousands of lightyears ....why would something so little interfere with their advanced systems

~Regards Mayan2012

EDIT: ALSO ....remember that Anti-Grav shield will also produce a bubble aroudn the ship that Protects YOU

From? u may ask.....well can u imagine the enormous ammounts of pressure u would sustain if u were to travel the speed of light or faster? there is no way your body could take it.

having this anti-grav bubble would make it possible for you to go from 0 to 186,000 mph instantaneously without crushing your entire body from those forces
...anyways im just rambling on about things irrelevant to the subject of this thread so im gonna shut up now

[edit on 1/11/2007 by Mayan2012]

[edit on 1/11/2007 by Mayan2012]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

It would be pretty AMAZING to think there as a photographer that just happened to be there at the exact right instant.

S...

Photographer: 'Hey, I'm sorry, can we back up and do that again, I didn't have the color and focus quite right...yeah, I know, it's hard to go back and do a crash, just do the best you can...I need to adjust my flash here...I didn't know that the crash was going to be so bright....

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayan2012
if im not mistaken ...space ships WONT be using jet engines hahaha and im sure if they are using some sort of "Anti-Grav" engine (Which im 99% sure they are) then there is no way bird could cause a threat to them

I'm with Agit8dChop on this one. Some of the damn seagulls around here are as big as helicopters it seems. Well, maybe not quite as big..

...and those huge Canada geese can wreak some major havoc to flying objects!

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
canadian geese in iran? now i know your high

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join